United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Just got the pro Q10 and need help  (Read 7063 times)

evil_lone

• View Profile
Just got the pro Q10 and need help
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
So i just bought this pro Q10 couple days ago.  I had it played some blu ray iso format video and I notice that the picture turns or dim dark for 4-5 seconds then it goes to bright again for 3-5mins and then it dim dark again.  It does that for the whole movie.  I had tried different types of video such as mkv, mp4, avi and it does that too.  Mine is andriod 7 2.0.3 and I am trying to upgrade it to 2.0.4 to see if that will fix that dim dark, but somehow I couldn't get it upgrade to 2.0.4.  It will load up to the andriod bot and the bar went up to like 5 percent and then it stop and goes to the media screen. 

So my first question is does anybody encounter that dark and light dim for there movies too or it just my player?

Another question is when you extract the update.zip file and it ask if you want to replace the "video" to another "video" seem like there's 2 video with same name.  So do you replace it all, not replace it or rename it?  I am trying to get this upgrade but it seem not to be working. Maybe I choose the wrong one but i did select replace it all.

Any help or sugguestions are very appreciated. 

stl

• View Profile
Re: Just got the pro Q10 and need help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »
Hi,

1. Disable imprex engine in settings
2. You don't extract update.zip, please follow instructions carefully

evil_lone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:49:25 PM »
Thank you I'll tried to disable the imprex engine, hopefully that helps. 

And for about the update.zip, after we extract the file q10 pro firmware.futeko, do we or do we not extract the second file called "update"?  If i read correctly number 1. saids extract update.zip unless its a typo?

1. Extract update.zip (using an unzip program like 7zip, winzip etc) from Q10_PRO_FIRMWARE._FUTEKO._HMD-2.0.4_2017-07-05.174159._Q10_PRO_MUST_HAVE_ANDROID_7_VERSION_2.0.3_INSTALLED_BEFORE_INSTALLING_THIS_FIRMWARE.zip to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB pen drive. (the USB pen drive should contain a single file called 'update.zip').

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »
Thank you I'll tried to disable the imprex engine, hopefully that helps. 

And for about the update.zip, after we extract the file q10 pro firmware.futeko, do we or do we not extract the second file called "update"?  If i read correctly number 1. saids extract update.zip unless its a typo?

1. Extract update.zip (using an unzip program like 7zip, winzip etc) from Q10_PRO_FIRMWARE._FUTEKO._HMD-2.0.4_2017-07-05.174159._Q10_PRO_MUST_HAVE_ANDROID_7_VERSION_2.0.3_INSTALLED_BEFORE_INSTALLING_THIS_FIRMWARE.zip to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB pen drive. (the USB pen drive should contain a single file called 'update.zip').

Ok, so there's a zip file inside another zip file. You open Q10_PRO_FIRMWARE._FUTEKO._HMD2.0.4_2017-07-05.174159._Q10_PRO_MUST_HAVE_ANDROID_7_VERSION_2.0.3_INSTALLED_BEFORE_INSTALLING_THIS_FIRMWARE.zip
and extract update.zip from it.

evil_lone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »
That's what I did.  I extract the first file then it came up another file "update" and extract that and it ask if you want to replace the video file to another video file so my question is "yes to all replace it, no to all or rename it? "

Best if you download it and extract it yourself so you can know what I am talking about. And even I extract it and put on usb, it still not upgrading mine.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »
That's what I did.  I extract the first file then it came up another file "update" and extract that and it ask if you want to replace the video file to another video file so my question is "yes to all replace it, no to all or rename it? "

Best if you download it and extract it yourself so you can know what I am talking about. And even I extract it and put on usb, it still not upgrading mine.

Once you have the file "update" STOP. Don't open it, don't extract it just copy it to the flash drive. Probably you have the option to hide known extensions in your file explorer settings and in that case you won't see . Zip

evil_lone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:28:25 AM »
Okay got it.  Thank you very much stl.

So I happen to update it to 2.0.4 and disable imprex engine, but that didn't stop the movie from going dark and light.  Any others out there know a way to fix this? Any sugguestion would be greatly appreciated.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 06:43:06 AM »
Okay got it.  Thank you very much stl.

So I happen to update it to 2.0.4 and disable imprex engine, but that didn't stop the movie from going dark and light.  Any others out there know a way to fix this? Any sugguestion would be greatly appreciated.

It could be same setting in your TV, could you test the Q10 in another one? This also happens with Youtube videos?

evil_lone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:53:43 AM »
I don't think it's mine tv.  I watched  movies on blurays and dvds from ps4 player, other such as youtube, net flix and even play other movie files from a flush drives all this years, 4years, and never seen or had experience that dark and light issue.  The fiirst time i play it from Q10, I caught it within 1mins of the movies. 

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
I don't think it's mine tv.  I watched  movies on blurays and dvds from ps4 player, other such as youtube, net flix and even play other movie files from a flush drives all this years, 4years, and never seen or had experience that dark and light issue.  The fiirst time i play it from Q10, I caught it within 1mins of the movies.

Are you absolutely sure you've disabled Imprex engine? This problem has been reported by other users, but it is reported fixed by disabling Imprex. Try disabling all the Imprex options before turning Imprex off, it might make a difference:

Official 2.0.4 (new Himediaplayer):

FW before 2.0.4 and pcristi custom 2.0.4 (old Himediaplayer)

evil_lone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 11:07:21 PM »
I had disabled the imprex engine off, but it didn't fix the problem.  What are the other imprex options are you referring?  Can you please list them and maybe tell me how to access to them? I am on the new 2.0.4 firmware. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:51:35 AM by evil_lone »

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
I had disabled the imprex engine off, but it didn't fix the problem.  What are the other imprex options are you referring?  Can you please list them and maybe tell me how to access to them? I am on the new 2.0.4 firmware.

Turn on Imprex engine, turn off all options and turn off Imprex engine (again).

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024