FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000 Pro
New generation Zidoo Media Player based on Realtek 1619DR chipset. 3.5" HDD bay. HDR10+, HDR, Dolby Vision VS10. Zidoo Media Interface.  £349.99  €401  $470

Author Topic: Wrapper not working on Kodi 17  (Read 5549 times)

ltworf

• View Profile
Wrapper not working on Kodi 17
« on: March 05, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
Has anyone figure a way to get the wrapper to work with Kodi 17?

SSThing

• View Profile
Re: Wrapper not working on Kodi 17
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:12:21 PM »
Has anyone figure a way to get the wrapper to work with Kodi 17?

It does work. :)
LG EC930V, Onkyo TX-NR3030, LSA Audio LSA2 speakers, Polk Audio centre.

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »
so what am I doing wrong I haven't updated or installed anything just got the box this week.

When it says please enter you Samba account and password. What  is that referring too. To I need tp go into my android setting a enable Samba and set an Account/password?
 I also noticed I don't have the playercorefactory.xml file the kodi folder

Standard version : HMD-2.0.1 2017-01-10
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:26:59 PM by ltworf »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »
To reinstall wrapper run wrapper app (from home screen My Apps - Wrapper). Select 'Kodi player' and exit. Run the app again and select 'Wrapper player' and exit.

For Samba shares with password and the wrapper you need to enter Samba details in wrapper app. Run app as above and enter details into the Samba section at the bottom.

OR. An alternative method for Samba shares is to install this patch: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=813.0

ALSO. If you're running Android 7 and Kodi 17 you may have problems with some streams when wrapper is installed. To fix that see here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.msg13417#msg13417

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »
To reinstall wrapper run wrapper app (from home screen My Apps - Wrapper). Select 'Kodi player' and exit. Run the app again and select 'Wrapper player' and exit.

For Samba shares with password and the wrapper you need to enter Samba details in wrapper app. Run app as above and enter details into the Samba section at the bottom.

OR. An alternative method for Samba shares is to install this patch: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=813.0

ALSO. If you're running Android 7 and Kodi 17 you may have problems with some streams when wrapper is installed. To fix that see here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.msg13417#msg13417

I still don't understand what Account/Pasword I'm using in this section? those now section to create a user/password so where is this coming from please

davenm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »
The accound name and password are only relevant if you have set up a samba service on your network. If your not using samba then you can ignore this part.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
Yes, they do work together fine  :)
Full audio passthrough for HD 7.1 is still working great with the wrapper and Kodi 17 front end (even though it does not currently work with Kodi 17 alone).

I found Kodi updates to cause some issues initially (freezing and reboot) and after turning them all off, had had no further troubles with the latest Android 7 (and firmware 2.0.1) and Kodi 17.  I only play back local video and audio files from internal HDD, USB and multiple NAS drives (no streaming).

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »
Yes, they do work together fine  :)
Full audio passthrough for HD 7.1 is still working great with the wrapper and Kodi 17 front end (even though it does not currently work with Kodi 17 alone).

I found Kodi updates to cause some issues initially (freezing and reboot) and after turning them all off, had had no further troubles with the latest Android 7 (and firmware 2.0.1) and Kodi 17.  I only play back local video and audio files from internal HDD, USB and multiple NAS drives (no streaming).

My files are from internal HDD, USB and multiple NAS drives (no streaming) as well and I cannot get the wrapper to work. My NAS network has a username/password so I put that into the Wrapper and still it does not work. I installed the latest customer firmware which is using Kodi 16.1 and still the same issue with Wrapper

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »
To reinstall wrapper run wrapper app (from home screen My Apps - Wrapper). Select 'Kodi player' and exit.
Run the app again and select 'Wrapper player' and exit.  Turn off power and then reboot.  It should then work fine with Kodi 17.
(You can also re-download the wrapper file from this forum).

Yaraz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
To reinstall wrapper run wrapper app (from home screen My Apps - Wrapper). Select 'Kodi player' and exit.
Run the app again and select 'Wrapper player' and exit.  Turn off power and then reboot.  It should then work fine with Kodi 17.
(You can also re-download the wrapper file from this forum).

That's exactly what I needed to do to get the sound fixed between Kodi and my AV-receiver. THANK YOU!! :)

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020