FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000 Pro
New generation Zidoo Media Player based on Realtek 1619DR chipset. 3.5" HDD bay. HDR10+, HDR, Dolby Vision VS10. Zidoo Media Interface.  £349.99  €401  $470

Author Topic: No Audio on Optical - receiver is not 4k  (Read 1677 times)

ltworf

• View Profile
No Audio on Optical - receiver is not 4k
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »
Just got the box
My LG TV is 4K but my receiver is not. I have the HDMI direct to the TV and Optical to my receiver and I'm not getting sound.

HDMI Output: Close
SPDIF: LPCM
HBR Raw 7.1

Phil181

• View Profile
Re: No Audio on Optical - receiver is not 4k
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »
Those settings would appear to be wrong for your current set-up.
You will not get 7.1 from optical (as TrueHD and DTS-HD MA are HDMI only).

Perhaps Start with:
HDMI:  RAW
SPDIF:  RAW
HBR:  RAW 5.1 (although if your AVR is 7.1 you could try 7.1)
see how this goes for you?
You could make sure it all works at 1080p first by plugging HDMI into your AVR? 

Worry about 4K later (do you have anything other than tests to playback?).

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »
perfect that worked thank you and now that I know optical will not get 7.1 from optical i tested out other files. Another odd thing is the HDMI port on my LG TV you have to swithc 4K on and when I do it says the device is not compatible. you can remove/ignore the warning and all plays fine but I'm wondering if there's another setting require. I set the this play to 2160 60Hz. Played the 4K files fine although I'm not really impressed with the picture based on other 4K tv's I've seen. This is the first time experiencing it with my TV (LG55UB8500-UA)

thx for your help much appreciated

akurej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
Optical will not give you Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio. Need HDMI for this.
But since you have player set player to 2160p 60Hz, your 1.4 AVR will not accept the HDMI input.
Try changing the HDMI cable to see if warning goes away. Hope you are using a high speed HDMI cable.

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »
Optical will not give you Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio. Need HDMI for this.
But since you have player set player to 2160p 60Hz, your 1.4 AVR will not accept the HDMI input.
Try changing the HDMI cable to see if warning goes away. Hope you are using a high speed HDMI cable.

It comes with  high speed HDMI cable. However I went and purchased a better one with the same results. However i can ignore the popup and play the movies in 2160p 60Hz . the picture is just not showing as expected. i thought it was just me but other in my house have confirm. Any suggestions?

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020