∙
UK BASED ∙ UK STOCK ∙ ESTABLISHED 2010
2 YEAR WARRANTY ∙ FAST DELIVERY
EXPERT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
FUTEKO.COM - MEDIA PLAYER SPECIALISTS SINCE 2010   08-OCT INTRODUCING UGOOS AM9 PRO   22-SEP ZIDOO 8K FIRMWARE 1.3.45   08-SEP INSTALL COREELEC ON UGOOS SK4 PRO   4-AUG R_VOLUTION FIRMWARE 260804_0926_r24
This forum was closed in October 2025 in response to sustained DDOS type attacks. It has been left up read-only to allow access to support information and downloads. Thanks to all the users who contributed over the years.

Author Topic: Kodi Default Start timings  (Read 5385 times)

bmachinima

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Kodi Default Start timings
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »
Hey there!

Is it just me or the "Default Start app feature" takes ALMOST 1:30 MINUTES AFTER the 00:30 Seconds Android boot???

I'm kind new here with Kodi on android boxes, I came from a 3 previous HTPC builds with OpenElec and LibreElec, so I'm used to boot up instantly with Kodi.  It just make sense to me because Kodi is the only app that I don't have installed on my smart TV, tablet, or android phone.

Is this normal or a firmware issue? Because as soon as I have purchased this Q10 Pro I have upgraded to Android 7 and FW 2.0.1.
It is definitely to much time waiting for kodi starts.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:19:51 PM by bmachinima »

futeko.com

  • Administrator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4657
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
There's something wrong with your setup.

With default start enabled Kodi splash is displayed about 5 seconds after boot for me with Q5 Pro FW 2.0.1 Kodi 17.

When Kodi is not set to default start how long does it take to run?


bmachinima

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »
There's something wrong with your setup.

With default start enabled Kodi splash is displayed about 5 seconds after boot for me with Q5 Pro FW 2.0.1 Kodi 17.

When Kodi is not set to default start how long does it take to run?
That's what I thought!
Kodi splash is displayed for about 11 seconds after I press OK/Enter. :-\

futeko.com

  • Administrator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4657
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »
First thing I'd try is clear Kodi cache. Android 7:- Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear cache.

If that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall Kodi:

1. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear cache.
2. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear data.
3. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Uninstall.

Reinstall from Play Store or Kodi official download site.
 

pcristi

  • Senior Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1334
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »
Skin problems... try others.

There's something wrong with your setup.

With default start enabled Kodi splash is displayed about 5 seconds after boot for me with Q5 Pro FW 2.0.1 Kodi 17.

When Kodi is not set to default start how long does it take to run?
That's what I thought!
Kodi splash is displayed for about 11 seconds after I press OK/Enter. :-\

Maradona10

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
I have this also. After I boot my Q5 Pro it waits more then 1 minute before going to Kodi.
Kodi then loads fast. Just as fast as when I would manually start Kodi. 

bmachinima

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Re: Kodi Default Start timings
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
First thing I'd try is clear Kodi cache. Android 7:- Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear cache.

If that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall Kodi:

1. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear cache.
2. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Storage - Clear data.
3. Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - Uninstall.

Reinstall from Play Store or Kodi official download site.

I just clear the cache and its must faster now! Thank you!
Kodi now starts in just 10 seconds or so.

Actually, my Kodi was not installed from the Play Store. I have uninstalled Kodi 17 because I get force closes and video stuttering with Wrapper and Kodi addons, and I installed Kodi 16.1 apk from somewhere can't remember anymore.
It probably going to start even faster reinstalling it from Play Store. I'm just waiting they fix all these issues.

 

DELIVERY PAYMENT WARRANTY+RETURNS INTERNATIONAL TAX NEWS OLD FORUM ABOUT PRIVACY CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2026
SITEMAP