United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Playing for KODI Issues - Mount Failed  (Read 14839 times)

ivanyc

• View Profile
Playing for KODI Issues - Mount Failed
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:12:41 AM »
Hi, 

Need advice, am having some issues using the in-built player within KODI.  When I play the file from there, I get a blank screen with a warning "mount Failed". and the video can't be played. However, when I use the Kodi DVD player, it plays perfectly fine.

The files are located on a QNAP TS43A NAS, using firmware 1.07.  Any ideas on resolving this?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Playing for KODI Issues - Mount Failed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »
What type of network is it? Samba / NFS / DLNA?

ivanyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 06:16:28 AM »
Using SMB

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »
What about if you use the Himedia Media Center app from the home screen? Does it work?

If it fails from the media center app then I think it's a problem with how your network is set up.

If it works from media center app but not from Kodi then it's a problem with wrapper setup. Go to My Apps - Wrapper, select Kodi player then exit. How go back into wrapper app and select Wrapper player. This will reinstall wrapper to Kodi. Also input Samba password details into boxes at bottom if Samba network has username / password.

ivanyc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »
What about if you use the Himedia Media Center app from the home screen? Does it work?

If it fails from the media center app then I think it's a problem with how your network is set up.

If it works from media center app but not from Kodi then it's a problem with wrapper setup. Go to My Apps - Wrapper, select Kodi player then exit. How go back into wrapper app and select Wrapper player. This will reinstall wrapper to Kodi. Also input Samba password details into boxes at bottom if Samba network has username / password.

Your advice works!!!!!  Thanks for your help.  I hope this will be the last issue

buddyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
What was your solution to fix the problem? I got the same issue with Q10 pro and Synology DS216+II...

ivanyc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 06:45:11 AM »
What was your solution to fix the problem? I got the same issue with Q10 pro and Synology DS216+II...

Go to My Apps - Wrapper, select Kodi player then exit. How go back into wrapper app and select Wrapper player. This will reinstall wrapper to Kodi. Also input Samba password details into boxes at bottom if Samba network has username / password.

buddyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 11:11:07 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it does not work in my case. Still working on it...  >:(

ivanyc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it does not work in my case. Still working on it...  >:(

Did you key in the username and password?

One other possibility is to reflash the firmware? 

buddyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:41 PM »
Sorry for the late answer.

Yes, I put in user and password. And even tried with a new user in the NAS. But my problem starts even one step before: Q10 pro does not find my NAS properly. I can't stream the data via mediacenter, since there I don't get any connection at all. Fact making it even more strange: via kodi I can stream pictures and music from the NAS, I only get "mount failed" when starting video files...

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:40 AM »
Try assigning a fixed IP to the NAS.

buddyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 06:24:18 PM »
All devices in my network fixed IP assigned.  :(

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 09:10:13 AM »
It's bizarre that you get the problem with video but not photos/music.

If all else fails then my suggestion would be to backup your Kodi database using the Kodi backup addon and reinstall firmware from scratch using the restore button on back of box.

Q10 Pro firmware: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1130.0
Q10 Pro custom firmware (no dramatic changes under the hood, but better apps and appearance): http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.0

Maya93

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
I have the same problem but when it happens, it's easy to fix : go to the media center player and play a film  for few seconds. Then go back to kodi. Normally it should work again (in my case ).

buddyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »
Hi!

Sorry for the late answer. Last days have been buzy...

@futeko: I reflashed the Firmware a couple of times already. With different firmware versions, your custom firmware, different version of wrapper and kodi - always the same problem. Seems to me that there is any incompatibility in my network?! Right now as workaround I kept the custom firmware (I like that one and appreciate your wokr on it) and move all my video files to the internal HDD. In the long term I still would like to stream from the NAS, so I am still working on that issue or hoping for improvement with any updates.

@Maya93: Thanks for the help. Unfortunately Media Center almost never finds my NAS, even not with manual entry of IP path and share. So far, only once I could get a connection to my NAS via the Media Center. However in that one case it even worked then under kodi without "mount failed".

Consequently there are two points strange to me:
1. Why doesn't my q10 reliably find my NAS?
2. Why does my q10 independently of #1 stream music and photos without issues, but not any video files?

I need to mention that it is the 3rd HiMedia player (2x q10 pro, 1x q5 pro) with the same behaviour in my network.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024