United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5 PRO FIRMWARE. 1.0.6-FUTEKO-EN. HMD-1.0.6 2016-07-11.120420 (updated)  (Read 16471 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Q5 PRO FIRMWARE. 1.0.6-FUTEKO-EN. HMD-1.0.6 2016-07-11.120420

This is the official HiMedia European/International 1.0.6 firmware repackaged by us to include installation instructions and changelog.

Internal build number: HMD-1.0.6 2016-07-11.120420

THREAD TITLE + LINKS UPDATED 25-JUL TO REFLECT MINOR BUG FIX UPDATE 1.0.5 > 1.0.6.

IMPORTANT! THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR INTERNATIONAL/EUROPEAN Q5 PRO ONLY.

DO NOT TRY AND FLASH IT TO CHINESE HARDWARE Q5 PRO OR OR PREVIOUS GENERATION Q5 4K3D.

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract update.zip from the download archive to the root of a USB pen drive. (the USB pen drive should contain a single file called 'update.zip').
2. Insert the USB pen drive into any USB port of Q5 Pro.
3. With Q5 Pro turned off, use a paper clip or pen to press and hold the the pinhole RESTORE button on the back of Q5 Pro (next to the power port).
4. While keeping the RESTORE button pressed, turn on the Q5 Pro.
5. Q5 Pro will show an Android droid logo and proceed to upgrade the firmware.
6. When you see the Android droid logo, you can release the restore button.
7. The box will auto-reboot when finished.
8. First boot will take 3-5 minutes. Wait for the Android home screen to be displayed.

Changelog (1.0.6 bugfix):

1. LED display showing"----" fixed
2. The box die in certain time when play HDR  fixed

Changelog (1.0.5):

1. Subtitle compatibility improved, occasional subtitle out-sync and partial ass subtitle failure issue fixed
2. Local playback optimized, 23.976 source output improved
3. Online and local playback optimized, partial source occasionally black screen issue fixed
4. HDR10 compatibility improved.Color distortion issue which generate after log out from HDR source playback via HDMI output fixed
5. Media player optimized. Support lge format and menu description improved
6. Method for system to obtain network time optimized
7. Color space setting in Advance settings can't be saved issue fixed
8. System UI occasionally crash issue fixed
9. Fuzz display of account in Advanced settings issue fixed
10. Fuzz display of download content issue fixed
11. Inconformity of icon size in app manager issue fixed
12. Image browsing auto-play black screen issue fixed.
13. Input method updated and  support multilanguages
14. Kodi updated to 16.1
15. Wrapper updated

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dd89i7fl3kco77s/Q5_PRO_FIRMWARE._1.0.6-FUTEKO-EN._HMD-1.0.6_2016-07-11.120420.zip
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:48:48 PM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Q5 PRO FIRMWARE. 1.0.5-FUTEKO-EN. HMD-1.0.5 2016-07-11.120420
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
OTA due within a few days.

Firmware can be updated via Settings menu (which will preserve app settings and data), but we recommend doing a full reinstall according to instructions above to guarantee reliable operation.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:40:22 AM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 08:36:15 AM »
Download link added.

occlubssk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:17:24 AM »
How can i check that my box is global version or chinese version?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
What firmware does it have installed on it?

If you have any Chinese streaming apps (with Chinese writing) then it's the Chinese version.

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »
Futeko,will  it be a custom firmware of 1.0.5?...last one was great. Thanks.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »
Futeko,will  it be a custom firmware of 1.0.5?...last one was great. Thanks.

User pcristi (now of auto framerate switch script fame) creates the custom firmware. It's up to him whether he does a 1.0.5 custom firmware or not. But I think he probably will.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Opening post and title updated to reflect minor bug fix release 1.0.6.

magicoolje

• View Profile
Hello,
Yesterday I replace my Himedia Q5 4 with Q5 Pro.  I upgrade it with the latest version 1.0.6. I use it with installed wrapper and Kodi 16.1. My problem is that when I press the back button of the remote to exit a movie first I have a confirmation from Himedia player(Are you sure to exit, very annoying ) and second , a popup from Kodi( click ok when playback has ended..). This 2 messages was not present in my old Himedia Q5 4. How do I remove this stupids confirmations?
Thank you!

oktober

• View Profile
unfortunaly i think you cannot.
But, Q5 Pro Firmware has more annoying issue just now (first of all , 23.976 fps management). :-\

magicoolje

• View Profile
Futeko can you pass this problem to Himedia? Maybe we get rid of this messages.
Thank you!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The second message can't be removed by HiMedia, it's part of how Kodi works with external players. So a Kodi problem.

The first prompt is there because the wrapper uses himediaplayer app. Using the app on it's own you would want a prompt like that. I will mention it to HiMedia and see if they can incorporate a check in himediaplayer so if player is called from kodi that message doesn't appear.

magicoolje

• View Profile
Thank you! This was fixed on Himedia Q5 4 . It think it is possible with this  new toy :)

Mount81

• View Profile
In my oppinion the first "Are you sure to Exit" message is less annoying, rather a bit handy sometimes (I'm used to it and it wouldn't make such a big inconvinience). But the message in KODI, that apperars right after we quit Himediaplayer is far more useless. In particular because, sometimes it doesn't even show "Press OK when Playback is ended" (tho' it's drag enough), rather than "Himedia Player has stopped working" message, which might refer some kind of bug (or incompatibility ???) with eighter KODI or inside the Himedia player itself. That hypothesize, that the player couldn't close and exit the playback properly, or KODI just could not detect or handle this everytime right.

And another minor bug report: In Media Center, when I try to unmount (safely remove) and USB device (such as Pendrive and External HDD) if we press MENU button over the target USB device icon, it still displays the confirmation windows text in chinese. One should live with this offcourse, but I don't think it would take a huge effort or time to have this finally changed to english in the next firmware.  ;)

Oh, and I might be a bit off, cause I'm still using the 1.0.5 firmware, but these bugs were the same in all previous and I don't thing the last one is solved in the latest neighter...

Tanks for considering all the above!

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
And another minor bug report: In Media Center, when I try to unmount (safely remove) and USB device (such as Pendrive and External HDD) if we press MENU button over the target USB device icon, it still displays the confirmation windows text in chinese. One should live with this offcourse, but I don't think it would take a huge effort or time to have this finally changed to english in the next firmware.  ;)

Oh, and I might be a bit off, cause I'm still using the 1.0.5 firmware, but these bugs were the same in all previous and I don't thing the last one is solved in the latest neighter...

Thanks for considering all the above!

Thanks Mount81!  :)

Was not even aware that Menu on the USB-Device Icon shows a means to safely Un-mount USB devices. Even reported it as a missing feature. Now that we know it is there already the work to be done is indeed just translation of the Chinese text. Such a feature is essential.
Himedia might also add "Press Menu to Un-Mount" on the ICON's  as it is not really intuitive to do so and with no manual around who gets it to know?
On the other hand the MENU button brings up pop-ups on various places inclusive APP's added from the APP store. Discovered this a bit late too.

I do recommend you to upgrade to 1.06 as apparently more has been bug fixed (from 1.05)  than reported. The Chinese text for un-mount is not fixed as you guessed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:18:10 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024