FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label  (Read 139359 times)

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
Re: [PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
@tmihai20:

It's only one partition.
Took old hdd out of Q10 Pro, formatted new hdd in my pc, then booted up Q10 Pro with new hdd inside -> sda2.
I don't get it either, there must be some "file remains" of the old hdd somewhere  ???

@futeko.com:

That would be preferable indeed.
Right now there are too many manual patches created by users that could easily just be implemented.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 09:25:28 PM »
Too many manual patches created by users --> Ooo nobody force to use it :(
Check via samba share if only  /mnt/media_rw/sda1/Android/data/com.google.android.youtube is there and if yes just remove sda1.

@tmihai20:

It's only one partition.
Took old hdd out of Q10 Pro, formatted new hdd in my pc, then booted up Q10 Pro with new hdd inside -> sda2.
I don't get it either, there must be some "file remains" of the old hdd somewhere  ???

@futeko.com:

That would be preferable indeed.
Right now there are too many manual patches created by users that could easily just be implemented.

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
sda2 is the only folder in \\ANDROID_NUMBERSANDSTUFF\share\media_rw.

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 12:59:11 PM »
@DancesWithChickens: put in a PC and check if there is another hidden partition. I use dedicated software, not any of the Windows tools as they are known to do things their own way. If you created the partition yourself, then you did something wrong.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

Killastyle

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2017, 05:19:52 AM »
It worked, but I lost my bigger data. I installed via option 1 and it did not work. Then I installed it via option 2 directly (no uninstall). I can now read my HDD via the media player and via my network. All folders are intact, but my movies and Serie episodes are all gone. An srt file is the only file left on the hdd.

Are my files deleted or can't it be read by my network / media player? Before installing this patch I had no problem with the large files. I could browse through it and open them.

Running android 7 rooted with the newest custom futeko firmware.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:10:45 PM by Killastyle »

dttanh

• View Profile
[PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
Using the patch DVD/BD drives should show at /sdcard/media_rw/cd-rom/

I install it and play BD/DVD movie well but can't play data file like mp3, flac recorded on BD-ROM on FW 2.01 but it can play well on FW 1.09, Please advise

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »
Probably  know Android 7 permission problems, let'a see what will come on new f/w.

Using the patch DVD/BD drives should show at /sdcard/media_rw/cd-rom/

I install it and play BD/DVD movie well but can't play data file like mp3, flac recorded on BD-ROM on FW 2.01 but it can play well on FW 1.09, Please advise

derkallevombau

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2017, 06:14:54 AM »
First, I wish to thank the creators for this solution.

My HDD also has a hidden partition resulting in the actual partition being recognised as sda2. Parted revealed to me that there is a MSR partition, although I used Acronis Disc Director, no MS tool. ADD doesn't even show the MSR partition it created.

But that shouldn't be an issue, even multiple visible partitions should be mounted correctly, so I took a look at the script and observed that it tried to mount sda1 by the label of sda2, which gave an error, but the already created folder prevented it from mounting sda2 afterwards. Furthermore, it didn't handle labels with blanks correctly because of some path variables without quotes.

So I altered the part that uses ls to retrieve the devices. Now it uses blkid for that, so only partitions with a valid file system are even considered for mounting. I tested it with the internal HDD and some USB sticks, works perfectly for me so far. If anyone is interested, I'm going to attach it, but without any kind of warranty, and hopefully the creators won't be annoyed by me for messing up their work ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2017, 02:12:27 PM »
@derkallevombau
Very few people share they improvement, your version is online as v1.0.7.
Thanks.

v1.0.7
- improve / bug fix thanks @derkallevombau

People are welcome to improve and share they modification.

derkallevombau

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »
You are welcome! I appreciate your work on patches that I can benefit from, so it's a pleasure for me to give something back.

Killastyle

• View Profile
Large files get deleted from HDD
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
Hi,

I have a q10 pro and installed a 1tb HDD.. I have patched my android 7 system with futeko firmware so it can also be seen on upnp server.

It happened to me twice now that ALL my large files (movies & serie episodes) are deleted from the hard disk. The folders and srt files are still intact.

I watch the files using kodi. I went to my HDD using Asus file Manager. And I can really see the files getting deleted while I am doing nothing strange.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to prevent? ? I'm getting tired if downloading everything time by time again.

Tha ms!

derkallevombau

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
What exactly have you done immediately before you saw your files being deleted?

EdenResident

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
It didn't work for me. I have Android 5. Downloaded the patch. Ran it with option 1 Install Standard. Himedia reboot and then nothing changed. I don't see any new mounts.

Any advice?

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
/mnt/disk-by-label and /mnt/disk-by-uuid this are path you check?  Not one create it?
Your USB device are visible on MediaCenter?

It didn't work for me. I have Android 5. Downloaded the patch. Ran it with option 1 Install Standard. Himedia reboot and then nothing changed. I don't see any new mounts.

Any advice?

EdenResident

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
/mnt/disk-by-label and /mnt/disk-by-uuid this are path you check?  Not one create it?
Your USB device are visible on MediaCenter?

Any advice?

My SATA and USB drives are still visible but under /mnt/sda and /mnt/sdb like before. I don't see anything new. There's no /mnt/disk-by-label when I use File Manager or any other apps.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024