FAST WORLD DELIVERY FROM THE UK
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Dune HD Pro 4K II Plus
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR Media Player. Realtek 1619 chipset. 3.5” HDD bay. 2xHDMI video/audio separation.  £359.99  €410  $499

Author Topic: Q10 pro Re Netflix & Audio?  (Read 6914 times)

Tricky

• View Profile
Q10 pro Re Netflix & Audio?
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »
After posting on the Kodi forums Q10 pro thread, its been implied that the Q10 pro wont be capable of steaming Netflix UHD or Dolby digital+ audio?
One of my main reasons for pre ordering is because although I have a Samsung UHD TV which runs Tizen, which as I understand it, is an android OS, so should be on a par with the Q10 pros OS?

My TV is reasonably good with streaming UHD from Netflix app, VP9 from Youtube and net and local network based UHD, but is not capable of audio output of more than DD 5.1 and DTS 2.5, which is one of my main reasons for ordering the Q10 pro.
At present I run Netflix app from my bluray player, which will output DD+ from the HDMI, which is giving better sound quality than the TV.

So I am now a little worried that the Q10 pro is not going to be the player that I was expecting, can someone please clarify? this is my first venture into stand alone streamers, due to my other devices not really being up to the job.

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
Re: Q10 pro Re Netflix & Audio?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
NO , there aren't any android OS device certificate HD/4k and DD+.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:05:25 AM by looun »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
After posting on the Kodi forums Q10 pro thread, its been implied that the Q10 pro wont be capable of steaming Netflix UHD or Dolby digital+ audio?
One of my main reasons for pre ordering is because although I have a Samsung UHD TV which runs Tizen, which as I understand it, is an android OS, so should be on a par with the Q10 pros OS?

My TV is reasonably good with streaming UHD from Netflix app, VP9 from Youtube and net and local network based UHD, but is not capable of audio output of more than DD 5.1 and DTS 2.5, which is one of my main reasons for ordering the Q10 pro.
At present I run Netflix app from my bluray player, which will output DD+ from the HDMI, which is giving better sound quality than the TV.

So I am now a little worried that the Q10 pro is not going to be the player that I was expecting, can someone please clarify? this is my first venture into stand alone streamers, due to my other devices not really being up to the job.

Netflix for Android is always 480p max and stereo, except on a select few devices that Netflix choose to actively support. On Q10 Pro it will be 480p max and stereo.

With current firmware Dolby Digital Plus is passed as Dolby Digital. Otherwise all HD-Audio is passed correctly. We expect Dolby Digital Plus to be properly supported soon by firmware update.

I'm not an expert on Tizen, but it appears to be a version of Linux primarily for portable devices. In that respect, it's the same as Android, but in practical terms Android has a much bigger app catalogue and is better supported. Android 5.1 OS on Q10 Pro will be more versatile and complete than Tizen on a TV.

Q10 Pro is more aimed at those with large high quality locally stored media collections than for Netflix. If you want a box primarily for Netflix then it probably isn't the right box.

Tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Thanks for the quick replies, perhaps I didn't research quite enough, anyway although the Netflix audio was a large factor, I also want to be able to stream good multi channel audio from a large amount of movies stored on a NAS, which the TV obviously cant do well, and the bluray players PQ is for some reason not great from the NAS, yet the TV PQ from the same source is great?

Will the Q10 pro also not be able to stream UHD and HD audio from You tube or other  net based content?

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020