United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Cd ripping (for anyone interested)  (Read 1056 times)

SSThing

• View Profile
Cd ripping (for anyone interested)
« on: September 25, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
I currently have over a thousand CD's (goes up most days I visit charity/thrift stores) and have been looking for a way to rip them to mp3 and flac, to use on both my Q10 and my Onkyo DP-X1. I know there are numerous ways to do this using my Windows PC but I really wanted to be able to do it directly onto the internal 3tb hdd in the Q10pro.
I had also considered the Brennan B2 but even refurbished they are £450. And again, the Q10pro is probably a more powerful device, so why not use it.
Enter the Hitachi-LG GP96 external USB powered DVD(burner) drive (£32 from Amazon).
It is designed to be used with Android (most others make no mention of Android compatibility) and once you install the UD-Link app the process is so easy.
Insert your CD, select the tracks, select the destination, select the file type required and press the rip button. About 5-8 minutes later (I wasn't paying attention) the whole album was ripped to flac/24bit (including the verification).
Or just use it as a regular CD player (using the included media player).
Drive noise when playing CD's is pretty much silent but DVD is a bit more noticeable while accessing menus etc (but my q10pro and this drive are outside my AV unit, I would think that if I move it inside the cabinet I would not hear anything, I'll do it later).
DVD movie playback seems to be a bit clunky but, to be fair, I have only ever watched downloaded movies through Kodi before, so I don't know if this would be similar to a dedicated DVD player or not? Once playing the drive noise isn't noticeable.
I am going to to install MXPlayer Pro later to see if it is any simpler.
But, as a method of transferring my CD's over, this seems to be perfect so far, for a fraction of the cost of the Brennan B2.
LG EC930V, Onkyo TX-NR3030, LSA Audio LSA2 speakers, Polk Audio centre.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024