United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Dune HD New GUI 2021  (Read 24076 times)

Mike-UK

• View Profile
Re: Dune HD New GUI 2021
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2021, 02:28:17 PM »
Hi just received my pro vision 4k solo, loaded r18 i understand it an Alpha release, but disappointed in how clunky and unessarely frustrating it is to get to my media like the go to my collection, then "all" then scroll across 16 movies then click for all wall :(, and the lack of sort by, and unable to get my collection full wall at start

any idea on when we will see an update to R18 ??

Thanks

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2021, 02:43:27 PM »
Hi just received my pro vision 4k solo, loaded r18 i understand it an Alpha release, but disappointed in how clunky and unnecessarily frustrating it is to get to my media like the go to my collection, then "all" then scroll across 16 movies then click for all wall :(, and the lack of sort by, and unable to get my collection full wall at start

any idea on when we will see an update to R18 ??

Thanks
1) Being at the topline main menu you can press Pop-up menu and disable any streaming services you don't want to get included.
2) Disabling them all the second line will show "My Collection" as the only option.
3) The Netflix view can be disabled under Dune Setup for a Full page view . Read my list.
4) All will show up clean now. But categories being on a single row and size not configurable. That is on my list already:

https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=5098.45
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:52:14 PM by Nice Monkey »

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 03:20:56 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply, yes ive alreeady got rid og the streaming servises

can you please tell me where the setting to turn off netflix view is please ive had a look around the settings but can find anything that just gets me a wall of my media

also on a side note in also experiencing random reboots while im using the device it will freeze then reboot happened 3 times since ive had it 2 days  :(

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:27:55 PM by Mike-UK »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
- Some of the new features can be configured in "Setup / Appearance / Additional" menu which in fact may be called well hidden. At least "Additional" should be labeled "My Collection". Only found it going over the release notes.

I believe I had one reboot too.

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2021, 09:32:09 PM »
the only items in additional are "autoplay video", "content details at the top" and "navigation panel on the left" ??

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2021, 10:12:40 AM »
@Mike-UK Indeed:

These are for "My Collection" setup
1) Autoplay video: Play trailer automatically or not
2) Content window at the top: With or without Netflix style info on top. Off is full window with covers.
3) Navigation panel on the left. Speaks for itself.
Agreed a well hidden and very misleading setup, but they do work you know.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:15:53 AM by Nice Monkey »

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
thanks for replying, playing with those setting i can now see what there doing however the function of viewing "All" in one press isnt possible yet, i still have to scroll all the way to the right and click the arrow to get a wall of all my media, coming from kodi this Alpha gui is way off yet :( , its just a shame they didn't focus on basic functionality first, or thinking is this the correct way users would want this to work, i understand its an Alpha but putting work out there that isnt a good experiance can harm companys, take battlefield 2042 open beta it was a disaster who on earth decided that beta was a good for PR and sales

Fingers crossed R18 is actively being worked on and improved, sorry for the negative feeling just the Solo was £350 and the software side is nowhere close to sub £200 devices, mayby ive come into dune hd not knowing what it is

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2021, 02:06:06 PM »
Fingers crossed R18 is actively being worked on and improved, sorry for the negative feeling just the Solo was £350 and the software side is nowhere close to sub £200 devices, maybe i've come into dune hd not knowing what it is
I feel they literally copied the Netflix model which is not a bad thing to do as a start as people are very familiar with it. The handling of categories obviously needs a more flexible approach with local content.
I am confident that will come but knowing Dune it may take a while.

For those very keen on integrated ton's of Movie Wall features look at a Zidoo (maybe Zappity) instead.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:08:32 PM by Nice Monkey »

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »
hmm think ill return this, im also getting the unable to power on, just sits at red light :( i have to pull power for it to turn on again had this 2 times now, also when hdd is being accessed cos the case is hollow and no rubber dampners on hdd cage it sound alfull i can hear it :( defo not worth 350 in its current state
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 03:29:00 PM by Mike-UK »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
Never seen that one. Are you using standby or sleep mode? I use standby doing a full boot when waking up.

Flat batteries? IR is used for power-on so pointing is a must even having a BT remote.
I would do a factory reset when in doubt.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 03:33:42 PM by Nice Monkey »

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2021, 03:34:27 PM »
long press power button and shutdown, i dont want hdd whirling away all the time

seems to get stuck shutting down as hdd is still whirling away
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 03:42:53 PM by Mike-UK »

walstib

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 12:02:55 AM »
Just purchased and set up a Dune Max 4K

the new GUI is a huge improvement over the stock GUI with the latest stable firmware.

so far this seems fairly stable, but have not used it enough to know for certain.

One nice change with this alpha firmware is that for Dolby Vision movies, it no longer continues to have to resynch; once DV kicks in, it remains that way.  Also noticed I can now reverse while watching my 4K backups and full menus seem pretty stable as well.

One thing I wish the new GUI did was allow me to click on "ALL" and show all movies vs having to scroll a single list; I can get used to this new way, but I've always had a basic way of organizing my content.  I can see the merits of this new interface.

the other thing is of course TV Shows.  I do full backups and (when I use JRiver), I set particles to reference each individual play list (mpls) for each episode in a season.  Here, I either have to remux into MKVs and tag the episodes that way or just play the entire disc and hope to find the right episode to watch.

Dune is forcing me to re-think how I organize my content, but the capabilities are pretty darn spectacular - 3D, Dolby Vision, Full DISC menu support.  Audio I will continue to feed to my USB DAC from PC/JRiver, but liking Dune so far.

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »
why is a movie not playable from "My collections" yet playable from Sources ??

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 04:00:41 PM by Mike-UK »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
moved?

Harmonium

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2021, 04:15:55 PM »
It is a problem I encountered each time I do a full reboot of the player. I have to go back to Sources, click until I open the folder containing all my movies. And then I can play them agin in My Collection. If not I get the message "Network folder not available".

I use the latest Alpha r18 with the new GUI.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024