United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Metadata for Movies not recognised on IMDB  (Read 2234 times)

kbfcub

• View Profile
Metadata for Movies not recognised on IMDB
« on: December 29, 2020, 02:40:27 PM »
I'm new to Dune-HD, as I previously used MediaPortal where I was able to create XML files for all the metadata I needed.

I read on the Dune-HD support pages that their "My Collection" program can ready NFO files, so I used Media Centre Master to create copies of my XML files into XBMC NFO files for my collection but for some reason it's not read the NFO metadata. It seems to be only collecting information based on the title of the file/folder and bringing back metadata from to IMDB.com.

Is there a particular type of metadata file that "My Collection" needs to be able to read my own metadata information or is it just limited to collecting information from IMDB.com?

Or is there an alternative movie organiser for the Dune-HD that most people use?

As I would like to be able to add titles not recognised by IMDB whether they are commercial DVDs or home movies.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 05:37:34 PM by kbfcub »

mtenga

• View Profile
Re: Metadata for Movies not recognised on IMDB
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »
Some people use Yadis in preference to MyCollection. I’ve never seen Dune advertising support for NFO and I’m not sure how that would work in their software, there is no setting. It all seems to be based upon IMDb.

kbfcub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 12:11:47 AM »
You will find what I am referring to on the Dune-HD support page under the Automatic indexing and recognition of movies

https://dune-hd.com/support/my_collection/

Nico54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 12:59:38 PM »
Last Friday I received my Dune HD Pro Vision 4k Solo. After connecting, a software update (dune_firmware_tv175v_210214_0331_r17) was performed. Further installation went without a hitch. The only thing that is currently unsuccessful is to include two Scandinavian series in My Collection. These are Livstid S1 (2020) and Rauhantekijä S1 (2020). Both are in IMDB database. But if I have the Dune indexed, I don't get the right posters. The Dune then finds an American series or Swedish film. It also does not work manually, not even when I enter the IMDB ID.

Anyone an idea how I can fix this?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024