United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Z9X, Z1000 Pro, Z10 Pro Pre-order  (Read 20244 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Z9X, Z1000 Pro, Z10 Pro Pre-order
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 12:44:42 PM »
the only issue i got is some UHD rips that have a random stutter/freeze, looks like a buffer issue.
In Android Setup there is an option to use minimal buffer which is ON by default. Maybe it helps setting it to OFF?
I’m having no problems with stutter or freeze from UHD with HD audio in either HDR10 or Dolby Vision 60fps.
Network NAS or local SATA/USB?

DIKKE

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 01:43:24 PM »

In Android Setup there is an option to use minimal buffer which is ON by default. Maybe it helps setting it to OFF?

Yep, tried that, but no result. Also, i checked the feed ( syno ) and that seems alright.
I replaced the ( old ) HDMI cable with the in-box zidoo one, and that solved already 90 % of the freezes/hickups.

wil try some direct feed from a USB drive to find out where it comes from.

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
I'm very impressed with my new Zidoo Z1000 Pro (so far!). It has FAR less hassles than the HiMedia Q10 and, overall, it's a much nicer box  8).

SETUP
Can someone check this one The Zidoo has an "INTERNAL 3.5" HDD TRAY Easy access front internal 3.5" SATA hard drive tray" but the internal HDD appears as a "USB Drive" on the system? Does this mean the drive is connected to a USB port on the box's motherboard???

Sorted out the Google Play problem with the new G firmware and all working well.

[ :D But the lack of Samba is annoying. I'm having to use a flash drive to transfer files, even if it's a simple adjustment to an .nfo file! I hope they get this sorted soon. NOW SOLVED  :D]

I like the apk installer app also, but remember to use armeabi-v7a apps!

The remote is large and heavy. I'm getting RSI in my hand already  >:(! An air mouse would be better. Does the Zidoo V9 work with the Z1000 Pro? It's not available in the UK though. My Rii25 does work, but is not 100% compatible.

HOME CINEMA 3
The HC3 setup is VERY good  8). In fact I won't be installing Kodi on this box, HC3 is FAR better! It's super-fast at scraping and the scrape success rate is close to 99% for me.
It also handles Collections and Extra videos in the same folder far better than Kodi.
But it only uses TMDB and TVDB as sources, so it will not find Music Videos, which Kodi does (and I have a lot of them!). It also has an excellent backup/restore system for the database.

[ :D One problem though. I created a custom Category ... but with a spelling mistake  :-[! Now I can't delete it. Does anyone know how to? I would guess I need to edit a db file with an an SQL Editor ... but which one??? Of course, it would be easier if I could do it through the UI! - NOW SOLVED  :D]

I would also like to be able to change the icons on the custom Categories, they all have a star currently!

A small criticism. When looking up the bios of the actors, not enough space has been allocated to the text so it ends abruptly!

MUSIC PLAYER 6.0
An then it all goes wrong  :'(! If this is version 6.0 I dread to think what version 1.0 to 5.0 were like!
It looks good at first, but there are so many irritation features when you use it.

Can someone tell Zidoo that the plural of "music" is also "music" not "musics"!!! But the plural of "favorite" is "favorites" (well, in American English anyway!)

Scraping music is SLOW and not very accurate when compared to HC3! I'm getting only around 10% of the images appearing. It's not clear which source they are using but I assume it's TADB? Album cover images cannot be added manually, unlike HC3! Artist images can be added but it's not obvious!

I would like to set the default view as Albums not Musics (sic) but I can't see any way of doing it? It's not very flexible.

Select Artists on the left Menu and the top Menu reads "All Inland HK&TW Occidental Japan Korean Other". I don't have any Chinese, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Occidental, Japan or Korean music  :o???
Look up the details of an Artist ... the heading are all in Chinese! I don't read Chinese  :o!

The Genres are laughable. If I select "Classical" I don't expect Leonard Cohen, The Pogues, Coldplay, ... to appear in the list  :-\! It's not possible to add additional Genres.

A LOT more work is needed on Music Player Zidoo!

But the Zidoo Z1000 Pro is still a FAR better product that the HiMedia Q10 Pro  8)!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 06:52:19 PM by maelor »
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »
I am very tempted by the Zidoo Z9X by its new features, to replace the HiMedia Q10 pro.
But I am very fond of the Kodi interface and I don't know if the ZDMC interface with outdated versions can be a good solution, or use XBMC-Wrapper and then install the official Kodi apps latest versions.
I am very fond of the Aeon MQ8 skin.
If I'm not mistaken, the ZDMC allows the management of the front end at the resolution of 4K, instead with the Wrapper it should be 1080p, but however both allow the management of the native player Zidoo.
I am ignorant in this I do not know if this procedure can work.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:10:01 PM by DMD »
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

DIKKE

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »

Network NAS or local SATA/USB?

network NAS. but, as with UHD rips, one rip is not always like the other. So checking now batman vs superman, and that has no hickup. So, the beta firmware might still be a bit picky on the source?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
Jealous of you guys. My express delivery to Australia isn't even showing as leaving the UK yet.

I think I can work out which order this is and, looking at tracking, it does seem to be held up unacceptably. Please email us and we will refund the additional express shipping cost. My apologies for the delay. I can also look into why it's delayed although I think the reply I'll get from the courier will be something COVID related and that they can't do anything about it..

blenky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
I am very tempted by the Zidoo Z9X by its new features, to replace the HiMedia Q10 pro.
But I am very fond of the Kodi interface and I don't know if the ZDMC interface with outdated versions can be a good solution, or use XBMC-Wrapper and then install the official Kodi apps latest versions.
I am very fond of the Aeon MQ8 skin.
If I'm not mistaken, the ZDMC allows the management of the front end at the resolution of 4K, instead with the Wrapper it should be 1080p, but however both allow the management of the native player Zidoo.
I am ignorant in this I do not know if this procedure can work.

According to the official Zidoo forum the devs have said that "ZDMC for 1619 will be release soon".

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2020, 10:10:13 AM »
Hello.  I ordered a Z1000 Pro right at 9am 20th of aug.  It says on my order(DESPATCH 26-AUG)  I hope my order will be sent tomorrow?   

My Transaction ID: 8S498572D1362031X.

Yes, it will. All the Z1000 Pro pre-orders due out either last week (the few remaining from the original pre-order) and those with a 26-AUG despatch date will be sent out tomorrow.

The new Z1000 Pro and Z10 Pro pre-orders are looking likely to go out this Friday, 28-AUG.

Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2020, 03:33:07 PM »
Hello.  I ordered a Z1000 Pro right at 9am 20th of aug.  It says on my order(DESPATCH 26-AUG)  I hope my order will be sent tomorrow?   

My Transaction ID: 8S498572D1362031X.

Yes, it will. All the Z1000 Pro pre-orders due out either last week (the few remaining from the original pre-order) and those with a 26-AUG despatch date will be sent out tomorrow.

The new Z1000 Pro and Z10 Pro pre-orders are looking likely to go out this Friday, 28-AUG.

Lovely and perfect timing.  I won't be here tomorrow, but will be thursday the 27th ;)  Really looking forward to my Z1000 Pro ;D

Cheers for the info
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:36:14 PM by Odin »

rozel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »
Thank you @maelor and @futeko.com - this is very good news, especially as I've received notification that my Z1000 Pro has now been despatched already!  Thank you for that @futeko.com

maelor

• View Profile
Re: An alternative to Samba on the Zidoo Z1000 Pro
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »

Zidoo are working on adding an alternative Samba host facility to the new boxes and I don't expect it to take them too long.

Thanks for the tip re. web access in the interim.

I've been using the web access for several days now and it does everything I need. I don't think I need to install Samba.

Zidoo also use this web access technique for Web Install for apk files and also Web Control.

P.S. I am getting more impressed each day with this Zidoo box  8)!!!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:49:47 PM by maelor »

Odin

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2020, 01:24:49 PM »
 My Z1000 Pro tracking number received  ;D

I'll just use either sata transfer cable or network ip for transferring files. I'll be using my Z1000 Pro for TV Shows and 4K HDR Atmos DTS-X DV MKV movie rips on HDD.  Not interested in apps.  This will be my first Zidoo player.  I just hope the media info works on my movies and TV programs?  I heard a few having issues with gathers info?

Cheers

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »

I just hope the media info works on my movies and TV programs?  I heard a few having issues with gathers info?

I'm not sure what you mean by "media info"???

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2020, 03:42:54 PM »
I think he means scraping for Zidoo Home Theatre. - It works very well, as good or better than any other product/software.

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2020, 04:02:29 PM »
I think he means scraping for Zidoo Home Theatre. - It works very well, as good or better than any other product/software.

Absolutely!!! I just took the HDD out of the old Himedia Q10 and inserted it into the Zidoo 1000 Pro and all the movies and music simply appeared :D !

Home Cinema 3.0  8) is such a professional product when compared to what Kodi offered. The Music Player still needs a but more work on it though.

I'm now going through the folder structure because Kodi made a lot of duplicate files which are not needed.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024