United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5 Pro adds black bars even playing 16:9 content  (Read 1925 times)

tommywoo

• View Profile
Q5 Pro adds black bars even playing 16:9 content
« on: June 22, 2020, 04:27:02 PM »
Hello! I'm new to the forum but have been downloading firmwares here for couple of years. After updating to the newest firmware 2.1.4, I found there were back bars at the top and bottom of my TV screen when playing 16:9 content, which is supposed to fill the whole screen. I didn't notice that until recently because the black bars are too narrow to make any discernible distortions to the image, and certainly I wouldn't see that watching movies because there are already huge black bars in the first place...I tried everything I could find in the UI (adjust display area, change aspect ratio, etc) but nothing seems to work. I even rolled the firmware back as far as to 2.0.4 and the problem persisted (I didn't do complete reset when installing older firmwares, so old settings were carried over). What makes it even stranger is the UI of Q5 pro fills the whole screen and 4:3 content reaches to the very top and bottom of screen. The only issue is with TV shows with 16:9 aspect ratio. Anyone could help? Thanks a lot!

tommywoo

• View Profile
Re: Q5 Pro adds black bars even playing 16:9 content
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:51:37 PM »
Just want to add that I tried VLC player which gave me correct aspect ratio. The issue is only with himedia stock video player.

tommywoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 04:48:17 AM »
Turns out it was because I chose the wrong screen resolution.

atkinsom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 02:19:36 PM »
When you say screen resolution are you talking about choosing resolution on your TV itself or on the Q5 settings menu...and which setting did you choose. Thanks.

tommywoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »
I chose 4096x2160 before, the black bar issue was resolved when I switched to 2160p. That is in Q5 pro's display settings. I also did a factory reset as the resolution settings wasn't functioning properly.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024