United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: How Zidoo connect to pc windows 10  (Read 14768 times)

markrutte10

• View Profile
How Zidoo connect to pc windows 10
« on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »
Hello,
Can someone help me please how to connect my pc to Zidoo
Thanks in advance

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How Zidoo connect to pc windows 10
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:57:54 AM »
I presume by connect you mean to copy files? There are a few different ways:

Set up a Samba server, either on your PC or the Zidoo box via OpenWRT.

1. Samba server on PC.

- Option 1 and steps 1+2 from here: https://www.howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-files-between-windows-and-linux/
- Browse to the share in Zidoo file manager. In Zidoo file manager press left on remote - select SMB - select SCAN SMB. The share you set up should be visible and navigable. You can also add the share in Zidoo Media Browser and Music Player.

2. Samba server on Zidoo.

- Access OpenWRT on the Zidoo box. Find the IP address of your Z1000/Z9S/Z10/X20/X20 Pro on your local network. Home screen - About. (e.g. 192.168.0.33) and access that IP address on a web browser connected to same network (e.g. 192.168.0.33). The default password is a blank space (highly recommended to change it on first use!).
- Select NAS services then Samba. Enable Samba then select directories to share and Windows workgroup settings.
- Navigate to the share in Windows 10. See here: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-connect-to-linux-samba-shares-from-windows-10/

3. FTP server on Zidoo.

- Access OpenWRT same as above but select NAS services - FTP.
- Use an FTP app in Windows to access FTP on Zidoo.

4. NFS server. More complicated but you could set up an NFS server either on the PC or Zidoo.

maxton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:41 PM »
English only on the forum please. Edited to include translation:

Hello, I connected it by usb to my pc and the disk does not recognize me, I suppose that because you have to do all that you put in order to transfer files from the Z10 to the pc and vice versa, a pity I had one from another brand that was connect and go.

Hola yo lo conecté por usb a mi pc y no me reconoce el disco, supongo que porque hay que hacer todo eso que ponéis para poder pasar archivos del Z10 al pc y viceversa, una pena tenía uno de otra marca que era conectar y listo.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:08:25 AM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »
Hello, I connected it by usb to my pc and the disk does not recognize me, I suppose that because you have to do all that you put in order to transfer files from the Z10 to the pc and vice versa, a pity I had one from another brand that was connect and go.

Zidoo does not support direct USB connection to a PC. Connect using network connection as above, or physically by using a USB HDD of some kind.

caseyjones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 08:27:12 PM »
Whats the default username? I've tried root & admin w/ a blank password and nothing. I can see the HDD in the Zidoo X10, but I can't log in.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024