WE ARE CLOSED 21-25 OCT
FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  ALL  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT

Author Topic: Custom firmware 2.1.4 - Should I revert to Kodi 17.6?  (Read 182 times)

mulderfox

• View Profile
Custom firmware 2.1.4 - Should I revert to Kodi 17.6?
« on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:38 AM »
Hi all!
I've been experiencing repeating crashes in Kodi 18.x since maybe firmware 2.1.1 and they happen after I watch one or two videos. I cannot seem to locate the cause, but a clean flash using the recovery pin did not matter or change anything.
I am wondering if going back to Kodi 17.6 may make any difference under this (2.1.4) custom firmware.
Did anyone experience this type of crash? any other possibilities I can consider? I rather not go back to Android 5 since compatibility with add-ons is quite reduced in older kodi versions.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:11:30 AM by mulderfox »

Gunther99

• View Profile
Re: Custome firmware 2.1.4 - Should I revert to Kodi 17.6?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:54:41 PM »
Hello Mulderfox, i had the same experience with Kodi crashing everytime ! What worked for me was a CLEAN install of Priscti custom firmware 2.1.4 with the reset button on the back and with updating KODI to 18.4 and using a different SKIN named: https://kodi.tv/addon/skins/aeon-tajo
After all these steps KODI is working TOP NOTCH 100% with the WRAPPER and has not CRASHED anymore !
Hope this will help you ? Let me know if this also worked for you ?
And one more thing, after installation of the custom firmware i deleted all the apps i don't use like MIRACAST and NETFLIX (i use the NetFlix Xbox One X App for Atmos sound) and HAPPYCASt etc. etc. i like to keep the system as clean as possible !

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
mulderfox: Whats your current FW and exact KODI version? Crashes happened for me with FW 2.1.1 only till KODI 18.2 and with 18.3 and. 18.4 they've resolved the crash problem. Its mainly a KODI problem so going back with FW's isn't a solution as it would be the same. I suggest update KODI to very the latest version.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »
As I know clean Kodi with untouched Estuary skin not crash, problems start after install of specific addon, common install by skin addons. From this moment almost always Kodi crash on exit or library scan never mind if Kodi skin is set on preferred skin or back to standard Estuary. Sorry guys I don't have time to post and try solved via Kodi forum.

LE:@Gunther99
Thanks Aeon-tajo look pretty with very quick test not crash, I'll try use it for a while.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:12:16 PM by pcristi »

mulderfox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »
Current firmware: 2.1.4
Kodi version: 18.4
Aeon tajo skin installed. Looks good, but still crashed for me. Also, it doesn't allow font change which means I cannot see Hebrew letters.. and, I've uninstalled all unrequired apps. Will continue testing.

mulderfox: Whats your current FW and exact KODI version? Crashes happened for me with FW 2.1.1 only till KODI 18.2 and with 18.3 and. 18.4 they've resolved the crash problem. Its mainly a KODI problem so going back with FW's isn't a solution as it would be the same. I suggest update KODI to very the latest version.

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019