United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Upgrade A5, A8 Pro, A10, A11, A13 to Android 7  (Read 26824 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade A5, A8 Pro, A10, A11, A13 to Android 7
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 07:54:46 AM »
Installed CFW's based on A11BD_CN_N_Firmware_20201116_v3.0.6.9_pd on my A11 and an equivalent CFW based v3.0.6.9 on my A10. All thanks go to E_CS for making these available.
Main post updated accordingly.

Anyway good to see some development goes on. The main change with this release is the Egreat Controller APP (Android and IOS versions) advancements made. It is in English now and also has an additional generic remote control function added to it. In combination with the Music Player update this FW is a substancial improvement for those listening to music using Egreat Controller like me. :)

For the Chinese market there are multiple APP's included in the CN versions doing: IPTV, Online TV, Cinema On Demand etc. All in Chinese and some illegal to be distributed in Western Countries. Your shop may be shut down when selling these bundled so they will never come in western FW versions! These have all been removed with the CFW versions.

The good news is that Music Player works quite well with a simple, nice and intuitive GUI despite a few flaws. In fact it works better for me than even the most recent Zidoo equivalent. Hi-res music reproduction missing dearly obviously.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:07:53 AM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 11:04:53 AM »
All model FW versions updated to v3.0.8.0 with several small fixes. Using myself on A11.
Front display level does not reset anymore after power cycling.
Double play with SACD ISO or HD Music is now not happening anymore.

If you use Music Player then an update is highly recommended.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:45:55 AM by Nice Monkey »

Argetho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
Dear Nice Monkey.
Try what you advice but still no luck.
I am on 1.5.1.O FW and try to upgrade to EN 3.0.6.5.
Using 2 difference USB Stick but the size is 16gb and 32gb. Work good when i am upgrade from 1.3.1.6 to 1.5.1.0
Already order 2x 4gb USB and 2x 8gb USB but not received yet and will try again later.
I will info again tomorrow.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 09:36:07 PM »
@Argetho
It finally worked for you?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:43:17 PM by Nice Monkey »

hcyap2005

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 01:59:54 AM »
https: //m.tb.cn/h.4pcuTMm?sm=d7e716

Finally this pendrive works.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:52:41 PM by futeko.com »

hcyap2005

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 11:52:58 PM »
Dear Nice Monkey,

Any possibility to have a manual proxy server setting setup in Egreat A10 at wifi setting. A10 wifi setup is not like handphone, cannot find proxy LAN setting. I would like to share my Ovpn hotspot in my hp via Every Proxy, but not working unless I can manually setup Proxy LAN. Kindly advise.

ManilaByNight

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »
Dear Nice Monkey,

How can I update my A8 Pro firmware to 3.0.x.x? Is this possible? Or am I stuck with the stock v2.5.1.0?

Cheers!

hcyap2005

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 11:25:45 AM »
I had upgraded to A13 and had installed all the latest FW, Desktop and Player version.

When I connect HDMI audio output to my DAC I2S input, there was no sound.

I had purchased 2 items for further trial.
1)https://m.tb.cn/h.fXrsjDU?sm=ff0b2d
2)https://m.tb.cn/h.fXrHXKn?sm=031a21

Upon arrival, I will try, Egreat A13, HDMI audio-->I2S converter, HDMI I2S-->DAC I2S input.

I found someone also used this convertor.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/at-long-last-listen-to-your-physical-sacds-through-an-outboard-dac-r971/page/3/

hcyap2005

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »
Parcels received yesterday.

Tested sucessfully with high quality sound from IIS output.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2022, 11:06:44 PM »
For those interested FW 3.0.9.1 ia available for all models including A5, A10 and A11 now.
English only with Chinese set as default. It is a big remaining smaller bugs fix release.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 07:56:24 AM by Nice Monkey »

homebrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2022, 05:10:46 PM »
Hello Community,

I'm trying to update my egreat a11 to Android 7 and I was playing around with the 2 Sticks I have.

Just want to say, that Stick A with 2GB and FAT filesystem and Stick B with 128GB NTFS Fileystem both crashed at 30%. But after I formatted stick A with FAT32, it seems like it is updating the player now. It's scary, because it is working since 20 minutes now, but I'm sure it is processing update at the moment. Because red front light does not flicker and I hear a very quite sound out of the box (not the fan; maybe capacitors), which I never noticed before.

The stick is very slow, at about 3 MB/s. So I will be patient and hope not to brick my player :)

edit 1: after 2 hours and no reaction on the remote, I decided to power-off and -on again (switch on the backside, very risky). Fortunately the old version booted without a flaw. Now I will test with stick B and FAT32...

edit 2: Stick B didn't work -> 30% Problem

So I searched all Sticks, I could find in the house. Tried some other 1GB to 8GB Sticks, wich all stopped on 30%, except one! This is a 2GB "hama" Stick without product code. I think it was an ad giveaway. I was sceptical, because this stick has very poor overall performance, but the process took less than 5 minutes!

Something was really strange and different than in the first post described: unlike my first try, the players red front light was off while the process! But this stick has a led, so I could see, that something happens.

Ah, and I removed the internal hdd after the first try.

so my suggestions for the update process are:

- FAT32 filesystem, the working Stick had "native" FAT32, I didn't need tools for formatting
- stick with LED is good for controlling the process
- remove internal hdd
- press PIN max 3 seconds
- be patient and don't worry, if front red LED isn't on while process

I hope, this will help other visitors of the forum (I registered only to document my small "odyssee"  ;) )
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 10:15:21 PM by homebrewer »

D33_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 09:05:38 PM »
@Nice Monkey,

I finally got my A5 upgraded to the 3.0.8.0. Five USB sticks didn't work, two SDcard readers with various SD Cards also no, finally third SD Card reader with 2gb Kingston SD Card did the trick. Talk about fussy!!

Anyway, all up and running but a couple of question I thought you may be able to help me with:

1. The Posterwall is picking up some but not all of my films, no obvious reason for why. I tried to access "settings" but all I get is the version number of Posterwall at the bottom of the screen (v3.4.1)

2. I've tried the Kodi version built in (v18.2) and worked out I need to manually add the mount points in to get access to my SMB NAS video share. All good apart from there is no menu (main or popup) during playback nor is there any chapter control. Am I missing something? I thought it would use the great player?

Thanks in advance if you do read this and reply

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2022, 10:33:09 AM »
@Nice Monkey,

I finally got my A5 upgraded to the 3.0.8.0. Five USB sticks didn't work, two SDcard readers with various SD Cards also no, finally third SD Card reader with 2gb Kingston SD Card did the trick. Talk about fussy!!

Anyway, all up and running but a couple of question I thought you may be able to help me with:

1. The Posterwall is picking up some but not all of my films, no obvious reason for why. I tried to access "settings" but all I get is the version number of Posterwall at the bottom of the screen (v3.4.1)

2. I've tried the Kodi version built in (v18.2) and worked out I need to manually add the mount points in to get access to my SMB NAS video share. All good apart from there is no menu (main or popup) during playback nor is there any chapter control. Am I missing something? I thought it would use the great player?

Thanks in advance if you do read this and reply
Yes being very picky about the source card/stick is very strange but a fact.
Yes maybe it must be a real slow stick/card to work? Never thought about that but only real old stuf seems to work.

1) No can't do anything about PW3. It is not very good and don't use myself.

2) No Egreat isn't optimized for KODI and just works as-is. The alliance with VidOn (=XBMC), which was very nice, stopped when those pulled out of that market years ago. That is also the way Egreat got BD-menu working reasonably good. Vidon XBM171020s.apk should still work?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 10:43:26 AM by Nice Monkey »

D33_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »
I installed the APK you mentioned from this thread. It started ok but after setting up and scanning my movies and tv show SMB shares it was unable to play any media. Every kind of file from 4k to SD displayed bit of text saying "Working" at the bottom right of the screen and then nothing.
I checked the video acceleration settings and they were switched on and set to HISICODEC which is different to Kodi which is set to SURFACE

pbelo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 01:45:05 PM »
hi, do u know how -where to input new themes on A10 to select besides the ones already included ?  Kindly let me know, regards from Portugal , Pedro

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024