United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Z1000 and Music Player v5.0  (Read 3977 times)

Christophe78

• View Profile
Z1000 and Music Player v5.0
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:21:44 PM »
I've bought this device to replace my HiMedia Q10 Pro because the Android Sample Rate Control is removed and it could allow me to play my 192khz FLAC or even just a 44.1khz file at the right sample rate (without the 48khz SRC limitation from Android).

But this MusicPlayer V5.0 is so much disapointing... It just doesn't work.
- Songs/Album are mismatched.
- When you choose an artist, it shows all the songs randomly, not sorted by album! I let you imagine with a complete collection from the Beatles how it is funny to just play one album.  Note that  all my files have accurate ID and all albums are sorted into separated folders (thanks to be forced to use Kodi with the Himedia).
- Then when you choose selection by album, albums aren't sorted by artist but again randomly.
I don't understand what I missed here, but it seems this App doens't use the file ID nor the folders. How it works?

It forced me to use the file manager to select the right folder corresponding to the album then launch the files to play it... looks like a device from the 90's... Trust me I don't regret my Asus O!Play I've got several years ago  and his stupid interface!

What's the hope Zidoo developper just propose a simple but working Music Player App?
Or if it is too much work for them, why not making just a nice ZMBC wrapper for music? Like the wrapper for videos that will  remove the SRC limitation?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Z1000 and Music Player v5.0
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 08:32:31 AM »
Zidoo know the interface and scraping for their music browser app is not up to the standard of their video media browser and are working to improve it. Please post on their forum to reinforce the need.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:44:07 AM by futeko.com »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 10:44:01 PM »
Hibymusic is indeed better and will work for full audio passthrough.
How do I get full audio passthrough bypassing Android drivers to work with HibyMusic v3.3.0?

What I see using HibyMusic:
- Needs to be installed by an APK manually as the Play Store marks it as incompatible (which in fact it is mostly not)
- Works only using a real pointermouse (cursor mouse won't do, neither a normal Remote Control)
- Plays all formats converted to Android 48 kHz
- The Folder Scanning works well as it finds my albums correctly
- It does support Gapless playback.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:41:12 AM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 10:00:09 AM »
Removed a couple of misleading posts (including my own :-[).

Hibymusic does not work for raw (44.1, 192Khz etc) passthrough. It runs but output is at 48Khz.

After some testing this morning, I think the best music player app for a media box is Poweramp. It looks good on a big screen, has a great interface, navigable using remote, and has no problem scanning to library a saved SMB share on Zidoo boxes. It also only supports 48Khz PCM output on Zidoo though.

Until recently the music side of these boxes was very much a sideshow to video. Hence Zidoo have an excellent and highly developed video browser but a less developed one for music. This is beginning to change, the recent music player 5.0 fixed most of the issues on the music playback side and made some improvement to the music interface. These improvements will continue, Zidoo now realise how important music is for new customers attracted to the HD-Audio side of their products.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:12:15 AM by futeko.com »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024