UK BASED
FREE WORLD SHIPPING
2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  OTHER  FORUM  :  CART
HiMedia Q10 Pro
3.5" HDD BAY
LATEST DEC-2018 FIRMWARE

Author Topic: Egreat Picture display can I turn it off  (Read 245 times)

Charles01

• View Profile
Egreat Picture display can I turn it off
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
Hi I hope this a simple question to ask  I own a Egreat A8 which is the same as the A5 on mostly on everything that the A5 does. Now this what I wish to know when I go to display ( I turn off the imprex engine )what I have next is still display settings which from memory picture is standard the next is other settings like contrast @50 etc tint 50. Two years ago I had my TV calibrated by a professional company @ a cost of over £500  which I like but will update it to the latest Samsung  9N series  next year which once settled in will also calibrated the same as the projector as well. At the moment my Tv is connected via the amp but my A8 goes through via HDMI into  the TVs One connect box  and the TV is connected via optical on the amp. Now this the big Q I hope you can a answer to if I play a film though the Media Player does it do it via  Media Players  settings or my profeshnaly TV settings. Now if I have to go through the media player display settings to watch a film I will be not seeing it at its best because the media display is overriding my expensive  professionally  calibrated TV. What I want to know is there a way I can override the Egreat picture display settings so I can see the via my TV picture setting

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Egreat Picture display can I turn it off
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
The media player settings and your TV settings are separate, they don't communicate and you can't 'override' one or the other.

The media player setting controls what leaves the media player. I suggest leaving it as default except for Imprex which you may choose to turn off.

Charles01

• View Profile
Re: Egreat Picture display can I turn it off
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks tony  I also see in settings  which you can only change picture setting when Blu Ray is playing  which are as follows:

in the "Display Mode " you have built in presets Standard, Colourful, Sport,Theater, and user Defined.Then further down after after Display Mode you have more settings.
Intelligent colour  = Will set that to off
Dynamic contrast = Should be off
Sharpness  Now my TV is set = 0 so obn the egreat is set to 50 Will see how low I can get it until I see blurring
Noise Reduction = Will turn that off Mpeg noise reduction Will set that to off
Motion Compensation = Should be off
I did not do all this myself tony but someone o AV forum   answered my Q What do you thing?Me I can not understand  why My £2,500 TV setting are being controlled  by £150 Media player  I see the above I can control some of the settings   but once I have will they stay like thatonce finished film. Here are  my TV settings
 Picture Mode =Movie
Backlight = 14
Contrast = 100
Colour = 50
Colour tone = warm
Digital clean view = off
MPEG Noise filter = off
 Motion plus is
Blur reduction = 10
 Judder reduction == 0
 plus others that  the calabrater  done  with his magic machinery ( which cost over £5,000 plus the Software) that's why calibrating cost so much. Just one thing to ask tony and that will be it How safe is Vidron now and if I do not wish how do you delete it. Many Thanks

HiMedia Q10 Pro
3.5" HDD BAY
LATEST DEC-2018 FIRMWARE
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019. All rights reserved.