FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
HiMedia S500
New HiMedia HiSilicon media box running Google Certified Android TV 9.0. Imprex 2.0 image enhancement. Bluetooth voice remote.

Author Topic: Zidoo X20 Pro  (Read 4088 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Zidoo X20 Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
Any volunteer to take an inside picture of the Audio Panel?

Items to look at for known impact on audio quality of a DAC in general:
- Power sourcing for the four DC inputs of the SABRE chip.
- The crystal oscillator brand/type
- The OpAMps used for audio amplification RCA and XLR outputs.

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 03:44:47 AM »
Hello Nice Monkey,

I can do other photos as needed

see you
Sony OLED 77A9G, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 5.1.2, Zidoo X20 Pro, Apple TV 4K (infuse pro 6).

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
@OlivierQC thanks for these pictures.  :)

Gives a good overview but not detailed/focused enough to read the text/codes on the individual components.
DC Power capacitor, PSU's section, DAC+Clock circuitry, XLR AMP left/right and RCA AMP sections are neatly marked. It is a nicely build board with looks like a quality design for AMP's and the audio panel secondary power. Power for it is derived from the main switched mode PSU for the SOC + HDD's.  Can't judge the individual component quality used for this design (yet).

I think it uses I2S interfacing with the SOC main board and not an internal USB port as I don't see components for that. That explains it is not seen by APP's designed for USB DAC's. Makes sense to me too as this interface is a lot simpler to implement. The information I got earlier from Zidoo using internal USB for interfacing is most likely erroneous. This just means deployment of the SABRE audio chip will depend on the APP's provided by Zidoo.

If you could do one more it would be nice. Please take a full top view with just the audio panel on it. Should be sharp overall and as high res as possible.

Updated my review:
https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3868.0
This for honest comparison with the DIY-kit with the details further revealed.
The panels potential sound quality should be close HW wise. It all depends on the Audio APP's provided how functional it will become. Seen questions asked by Zidoo work seems to be in progress to make further steps there. This specifically for playing SACD originated audio files.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:58:59 PM by Nice Monkey »

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 11:23:56 PM »
Hello Nice Monkey,

Here is a .rar file with new photos (original size)

https://uptobox.com/bgmj831qzswf

see you
Sony OLED 77A9G, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 5.1.2, Zidoo X20 Pro, Apple TV 4K (infuse pro 6).

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 08:03:50 PM »
@OlivierQC
As you probably noticed the quest moved on to the new UHD2000 which will be looking quite similar I suspect.

https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=4327.0

Also details for that one and what it has to offer seem mostly known by now.
The big question is how will Music Player 3.0 develop supporting that and all other current Zidoo media players?
Main questions:
- Will DST real-time decompression+re-encoding be solved to perform smooth as silk?
- Will MCH SACD in any format be supported?
- Will the player find external USB connected DAC's  too and support those identically to the Internal USB DAC?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:05:38 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019