United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: My Egreat H10...Review  (Read 10401 times)

OlivierQC

• View Profile
My Egreat H10...Review
« on: March 15, 2018, 09:46:23 AM »
a new thread to talk about the

Function :

Recommended for use in the set of 4K UHD HDR content source, 4K HDR display (television, monitor, projector) and receiver without 4K HDR pass-through (AV receiver, sound bar, HDMI headphones, etc.).

Compatible with :

All-new Fire TV, Apple TV 4K, NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Roku Ultra, Google Chromecast Ultra and other streaming media players
PS4 Pro, Xbox One X & S and other video game consoles
Blu-ray disc players without AUDIO ONLY HDMI OUT

- If your receiver does not support 4K HDR pass-through and you would like to be able to take advantage of uncompressed multi-channel audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc., streaming video on Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, VUDU, YouTube, etc., playing games and watching Blu-ray movies, there are only 2 options:

a)
Upgrading so expensive AVR to a new one with HDMI 2.0 (the costliest option)

b)
Including of premium audio video splitter in home theater set (best bang for the buck)
The AV splitter separates audio and video for hooking up to receiver and display respectively (do not mix up with ordinary HDMI splitter which divides signal into two streams).

Features

JitterClean technology
HDMI 2.0a input
HDMI 2.0a output
HDMI 1.4a audio output
BOTH, MAIN and AUDIO working modes which are switched by OUTPUT mode selection button

Accessories

Premium high speed 18Gbps 5 ft HDMI cable
AC adapter
User manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Website/Facebook

EgreatWorld
Facebook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT

I received an Egreat H10 with a new Firmware.

The new firmware fixes problems and adds support for dolby vision.

I bought an H10 to have the HDR on my TV Sony 4K HDR with the Egreat A5 despite my Pioneer receiver that is not compatible with the HDR and does not support the Atmos and the DTS X.

My son has an Xbox one S and he also wants to have the HDR with his games, the choice of the splitter Egreat H10 seems perfect for me.

My equipement

Sony 55XBR850D
Pioneer SC-81
Sony SS-LA300
Egreat A5
Egreat H10
Xbox One S
Egreat HDMI cable

We immediately recognize the Egreat products with their box that are matte black and gold

The device is very well protected, in the box is included a HDMI cable, the power cable, a user manual and the H10.

The size of the H10 is : 110mmx110mmx22mm...it is very small and it weighs 243 grams.

The manufacturing quality is excellent like all Egreat devices and I really like the aesthetics of the H10 and for those who have an Egreat A5 multimedia box, they will fit perfectly together.

the H10 has High-grade aluminum alloy housing.

On the front of the device we find a button : ON/OFF, 3 blue lights that correspond to the 3 modes, and a button to select one of the available modes.

There is 3 HDMI port (2 HDMI 2.0A port and 1 HDMI 1.4 port for audio only), and the power supply socket on the back of the device

You can also use it with an Egreat A10 or other multimedia device like a Xbox One S/X or a PS4.

It takes 3 minutes to connect the H10 to other devices.

You have to connect the multimedia device to the "HDMI INPUT" of the H10, then you connect the TV to the "HDMI MAIN" and finally you connect your receiver to the "HDMI AUDIO only".

I select the AUDIO Mode by pressing the "OUTPUT" button to the right of the box, the sound is directed to my Pioneer and the image is sent to my Sony TV that's it that's all it can not be easier  :)

I am not an expert and I report what I see and what I hear :)

BOTH mode : the sound is sent to the TV and the receiver Pioneer at the same time.

AUDIO mode : the sound is only sent to the receiver Pioneer (this is the mode I use).

MAIN mode : i have the sound on the Sony TV and no sound on the receiver Pioneer.

You have the video on TV whatever the mode you will use.

My Pioneer SC-81 Elite is not compatible with HDR and Atmos/DTS X.

I checked with :

mkv, ISO HD and UHD HDR

The movies had soundtracks :

DTS X / DTS HD MA / HRA / DTS / Atmos / Dolby Digital  PLUS / Dolby Digital

TESTS WITH EGREAT A5

Audio signal

On the left side the soundtrack of the movie, and on the right side what the receiver sends to the speakers, As can be seen here the results are perfect.

Dolby Atmos : TrueHD
Dolby TrueHD : TrueHD
Dolby Digital PLUS : Dolby Digital PLUS
Dolby digital : Dolby Digital

DTS X : DTS HD MA
DTS HD MA : DTS HD MA
DTS HD HRA : DTS HD HRA
DTS : DTS

SDR/HDR signal

the H10 switches correctly from SDR to HDR and vice versa, no problem to report everything is working properly.

TESTS WITH XBOX ONE S

I used Assassin's Creed Origins and Gears of War 4

HDR signal

No problem the games (when they are compatible HDR) are in HDR on the TV.  :)

Audio signal

if I choose in the options of the One S

Bitstream : I have the choice of Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 and when I play I have Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 on the VFD Pioneer.

Uncompressed 7.1: I get PCM 7.1 on my Pioneer's display, it is perfect.

The H10 gives me what I want, the HDR on TV and 5.1 / 7.1 multichannel sound on the sound system with my Xbox One S  8)

Nothing, however, is perfect.

The LEDs are very bright and it will disturb the people who are in front of them (it is just my opinion)

Conclusion

Egreat offers us an excellent 4k HDR splitter at a small price

if you are looking for a splitter 4K HDR to connect one of your multimedia devices, the Egreat H10 will be an excellent choice, that's my opinion after using it with my Xbox one S or my Egreat A5.

If I had one wish :

an H10 with the possibility of connecting two devices at the same time instead of one.

to be continued...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:17:48 PM by OlivierQC »
ZidooTutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwz_OZWlielee6EoX_IFBgg

OlivierQC

• View Profile
Re: My Egreat H10...Review
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:33:56 AM »

Hi all,

I did tests last night with the Egreat A5 and some iso HD and UHD quickly because I was tired.

There is the HDR signal on the TV...perfect, my receiver is not Atmos/DTS X, the atmos soundtrack becomes TrueHD and the DTS HD MA works too, perfect.

i used the Both mode

As usual with Egreat the finish of the H10 is very very good ( it is my opinion) and it is very small and I find it beautiful, no need to hide it.

I am very satisfied for the moment,

I do not have a lot of time to test right now but I'll do a review this weekend with pictures, and I have to check with the Xbox One S.

See you
ZidooTutorials :

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »
Olivier, can you test switching between SDR and HDR whilst H10 remains powered on? That is a problem I've had reported a few times when H10 is used with a PS4.

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »
Hi all,

if i use :

BOTH mode : the sound is sent to the Sony TV and the receiver Pioneer at the same time.

AUDIO mode : the sound is only sent to the receiver Pioneer (this is the mode I use).

MAIN mode : i have the sound on the Sony TV and no sound on the receiver Pioneer.

In the 3 modes you will have the picture on the TV.

------------

My Pioneer SC-81 Elite is not compatible with HDR and Atmos/DTS X.

I tried MKV/ISO HD / UHD HDR movies with DTS X / Atmos / DTS HD MA / HRA / DTS / Dolby Digital PLUS / Dolby Digital soundtracks.

Audio signal

Dolby Atmos : TrueHD
Dolby TrueHD : TrueHD
Dolby Digital PLUS : Dolby Digital PLUS
Dolby digital : Dolby Digital

DTS X : DTS HD MA
DTS HD MA : DTS HD MA
DTS HD HRA : DTS HD HRA
DTS : DTS

SDR/HDR signal

the H10 switches correctly from SDR to HDR and vice versa, no problem to report everything is working properly.

H10 with Xbox One S

to be continued...
ZidooTutorials :

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
Hi all,

I just made an update of my first message after doing my tests with the Egreat A5 and my Xbox one S

see you
ZidooTutorials :

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
Hi all,

Here is a follow-up to tell you that everything works perfectly.

I did the following test to check the TV HDR mode, i tested by playing a HDR video from Egreat A5 with correct Egreat A5 HDR settings, followed by an SDR video with A5 settings set to SDR and vice versa and nothing to report.

HDR10 / AUTO : ''AUTO mode'' switches to the right mode when watching a movie in HD or UHD HDR

HDR10 / SDR''SDR mode'' I check with a HD movie and a UHD HDR movie too and everything is correct, the Egreat A5 converts very well UHD HDR to SDR and the H10 has no problem

HDR10 / HDR : nothing to report, it works

For information:
My H10 is turn ON H24 and it does not heat at all, not even warm.

See you

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:39:35 PM by OlivierQC »
ZidooTutorials :

vadergr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »
Can someone inform if the HDMI output video signal strips copy protection?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024