United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Install TVheadend DVB/PVR on LibreELEC MeCool KI PRO  (Read 45712 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Install TVheadend DVB/PVR on LibreELEC MeCool KI PRO
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
This guide uses a MeCool KI PRO running LibreELEC 8.2, but it is applicable to any other LibreELEC box.

See here for a guide to installing LibreELEC on KI PRO: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2472.0

You need DVB hardware with drivers installed for LibreELEC. The internal DVB tuner in KI PRO has LibreELEC 8.2 drivers pre-installed so it is ready to go.

KI PRO: http://www.futeko.com/products/MP080.php

The best TV/PVR software for LibreELEC is TVheadend. Setup requires the installation of the TVheadend server and client add-ons then configuration from a PC/Mac via a web interface. It's a  little complicated in places but not difficult.

Your LibreELEC box needs to be connected to the internet and have Samba sharing turned on.

1. Install TVheadend add-ons

From main Kodi menu:

Add-ons - Install from repository - LibreELEC Add-ons - Services - Tvheadend Server 4.2 - Install

Then:

Add-ons - Install from repository - LibreELEC Add-ons - PVR clients - Tvheadend HTSP Client - Install

No configuration on the LibreELEC box is required.

2. Configure TVheadend from a PC/Mac

Find the IP address of your LibreELEC box. From main Kodi menu:

Settings - System information

On a PC/Mac using a web browser visit IP:9981 (e.g. 192.168.0.1:9981)

The first screen allows you to select interface and EPG language.

Select relevant languages and select Save & Next.

The next screen sets up security for internet access to the TVheadend server. All fields here can be left blank for zero security, but we recommend at least setting an admin user/password for the web interface.

Enter your info and select Save & Next.

If you do set an admin user/password you must enter it in the Tvheadend HTSP Client settings on the LibreELEC box.

Add-ons - Install from repository - LibreELEC Add-ons - PVR clients - Tvheadend HTSP Client - Configure - Connection settings.

The next screen chooses which of the LibreELEC box tuners you want to configure. For KI PRO the choices are IPTV, DVB-T (digital terrestrial), DVB-C (digital cable), ATSC-C (ATSC digital cable), DVB-S (digital satellite).

Make your choice based on the type of signal you have connected to the LibreELEC box. In the screen shot below I have chosen DVB-T for UK digital terrestrial TV. Select Save & Next when you're finished.

Now select the mux relevant to your location. This means choose the source of the signal coming into the LibreELEC box. I have chosen UK:Winter Hill because that's the TV transmitter local to me. For satellite there is more info here: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/474/video-how-to-install-tvheadend-and-scan-dvb-s-s2-channels

The next screen will show scan progress. It should find lots of channels. When it's finished select Save & Next.

Select 'Map all services' then Save & Next.

You are now finished!

3. View channels on LibreELEC box.

From Kodi main menu visit the TV menu item. The channels you've just configured should be listed ready to go.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:37:49 PM by futeko.com »

tomas_em

• View Profile
Re: Install TVheadend DVB/PVR on LibreELEC MeCool KI PRO
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:57:05 AM »
Hello,

I installed LE and Tvheadend according to your recommendation. Seems to be working on DVB-T (not tested DVB-S yet), but there is terrible slow channel switching at about 8-10 sec. With original Android firmware max 2-3 sec. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Tomas
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:07:30 AM by tomas_em »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:10:28 PM »
Hello,

I installed LE and Tvheadend according to your recommendation. Seems to be working on DVB-T (not tested DVB-S yet), but there is terrible slow channel switching at about 8-10 sec. With original Android firmware max 2-3 sec. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Tomas

Channel change time should be the same as with Android software. I suspect TVheadend isn't set up correctly for the tuner in KI PRO (the delay being it looking for a none existent tuner). Try going through setup (step 2) again.

For more detailed help there is a great thread on LibreELEC forum devoted to KI PRO: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/2722-8-0-2c-libreelec-8-0-builds-for-ki-plus-kii-pro-ki-pro/?pageNo=1

tomas_em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »

Channel change time should be the same as with Android software. I suspect TVheadend isn't set up correctly for the tuner in KI PRO (the delay being it looking for a none existent tuner). Try going through setup (step 2) again.

For more detailed help there is a great thread on LibreELEC forum devoted to KI PRO: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/2722-8-0-2c-libreelec-8-0-builds-for-ki-plus-kii-pro-ki-pro/?pageNo=1

Hello,

I found the solution - the reason for slow zapping was slow SD card. I replaced them for faster one (Class 10) and now is DVB-T zapping speed OK.

I alsso tried DVB-S with scrambled channels. I found there is the CA setttings (Newcamd protocol) in the Tvheadend, so I changed the settings regarding to my testing Oscam server, but does not seems to be working. Did you try CA in Tvheadend? Does it work?

Thank you,
Tomas

cayou2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »
Hi,

I installed the latest version of libreelec 8.2.1.1 and follow the tutorial.
I had a 32g class 10 no name card.
The dvb-t channel are very slow to switch

I bought a 32gb sandisk extreme card just in case it is a speed issue but the same happened.

I am currently trying the version provided on this thread and will see if the old versio is better.

Any advises to decrease the zapping time?

regds

badji6300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:23 PM »
Hi,
i installed libreelec 8,2 for ki pro with oscam r11391 and servers cccam Off
where is the prob?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024