UK BASED ∙ UK STOCK ∙ ESTABLISHED 2010
2 YEAR WARRANTY ∙ FAST DELIVERY
EXPERT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
08-OCT INTRODUCING UGOOS AM9 PRO   22-SEP ZIDOO 8K FIRMWARE 1.3.45   08-SEP INSTALL COREELEC ON UGOOS SK4 PRO   4-AUG R_VOLUTION FIRMWARE 260804_0926_r24
This forum was closed in October 2025 in response to sustained DDOS type attacks. It has been left up read-only to allow access to support information and downloads. Thanks to all the users who contributed over the years.

Author Topic: Kodi Audio Passthrough on Real Vision  (Read 3199 times)

nlohani

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Kodi Audio Passthrough on Real Vision
« on: July 29, 2021, 12:56:07 PM »
I am experiencing strange behavior wrt kodi installation on this box that never happened on other devices I used (Zappiti, Nvidia Shield, GT King)

1. Under Audio settings, different kodi versions present incomplete/different options to select for what my AVR is capable of for passthrough, eg Kodi 19 and 18 are not showing TrueHD while Kodi 17 does.

2. Display settings don't show any 4K resolution to select, only FHD res in the whitelist. While same Kodi installation files used on other players have 4K res available.

Same behavior on different firmware versions, currently I am on the latest Alpha build.

I have Dolby atmos/TrueHD capable ONKYO AVR and I want to use the latest Kodi with TrueHD passthrough.

Will appreciate any help to guide me to resolve this.

futeko.com

  • Administrator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4657
Re: Kodi Audio Passthrough on Real Vision
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »
Android Kodi does not have hardware support for the Realtek chipset in Dune players so you get default software audio/video playback. This means no 4K, HDR, DV on the video side and stereo sound max on the audio (there may be a hacky way around this to get 5.1, which I think is why you get more options from Kodi 17. Search Kodi 'crappy' builds).

Kodi may have support for Shield built in (I'm not sure) and the same with GT King (with it's fairly generic Amlogic chipset). I'd be surprised if you got anything other than software playback on Zapitti though as it's also a Realtek based box.

There's another thread in which I replied today (https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=5123.msg33276#msg33276) where I explain the workaround used by some other media players, but I don't think there's anything like this for Dune at the moment.

The advantage of Realtek players is superior picture/audio quality from their AV focussed hardware, they aren't really designed to be Kodi boxes although Kodi can be installed. If you're playing local content you should use Dune's built in player for max audio/video quality and format support.

 

DELIVERY PAYMENT WARRANTY+RETURNS INTERNATIONAL TAX NEWS OLD FORUM ABOUT PRIVACY CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2026
SITEMAP