UK BASED ∙ UK STOCK ∙ ESTABLISHED 2010
2 YEAR WARRANTY ∙ FAST DELIVERY
EXPERT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
08-OCT INTRODUCING UGOOS AM9 PRO   22-SEP ZIDOO 8K FIRMWARE 1.3.45   08-SEP INSTALL COREELEC ON UGOOS SK4 PRO   4-AUG R_VOLUTION FIRMWARE 260804_0926_r24
This forum was closed in October 2025 in response to sustained DDOS type attacks. It has been left up read-only to allow access to support information and downloads. Thanks to all the users who contributed over the years.

Author Topic: Pro Vision sound question  (Read 1689 times)

joiancomino

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Pro Vision sound question
« on: December 29, 2021, 11:30:27 AM »
Hi all, please help me by sharing some of the experiences you had so far with the new line of Dune players in the sound area.

Here is the issue I have: I've just swapped a 3 years old Egreat A5 with this nice Dune Pro Vision Solo and I am enchanted how this thing works, more speed, nicer setup and menus and most importantly , an extraordinary jump in PQ compared with the A5.
On the sound , I found it to be more bassy, little louder and more realistic in surround effects. But all these come with a serious downside: the overall sound is boxy, metallic, lacking sparkle and being somehow constraight in the mid high and high frequencies. The setup is unchanged: an Yamaha Avantage receiver, fed by the same hdmi cable as before from the audio out from Dune, settings in the Dune are Raw out, auto , all processing disabled. The AVR does not have HLG or DV capabilities , so this is why I use the separate audio hdmi out from Dune and the video is not routed via Yamaha but directly to TV( previously, I was using a splitter from Egreat between the player and the avr or tv, but now I do not need that anymore, given the dual hdmi outputs from Dune so the setup is even more straightforward ). I didn' t have the patience to do A/B with the Egreat products ( I did that a lot when building the stereo system a while ago and it was a traumatisating experience to say the least :)

Have you had similar sound issues when first used a Dune player or felt some difference in soudd quality?
Secondly, what would be the best settings to be used in audio section in order to avoid any any sound processing , alteration, sample rate change etc. I have to mention that Yamaha AVR detects all sound tracks playe so far as original the audio channel selected in the played files: dolby+, dts, dts ma, dolby true hd etc.

Best regards and thank you in advance for yout toughts!



 

DELIVERY PAYMENT WARRANTY+RETURNS INTERNATIONAL TAX NEWS OLD FORUM ABOUT PRIVACY CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2026
SITEMAP