United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: The Dune HD Real/Pro/Max Vision 4K detailed review  (Read 53885 times)

Hann

• View Profile
Re: The Dune HD Real Vision 4K detailed review (Vision family)
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2021, 10:17:20 AM »
The new update r17 worked fine for me, but for some reason with r18 (the new GUI) my Dune Pro Vision Solo does not boot into the startup menu, the bootup just ends up to a black screen.

I wish they would in the coming updates give a possibility to move the subtitles a bit more up - now the last row of the subtitles is cut a bit from the bottom, even though I have adjusted them to be as high as possible.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2021, 07:55:36 AM »
The new update r17 worked fine for me, but for some reason with r18 (the new GUI) my Dune Pro Vision Solo does not boot into the startup menu, the bootup just ends up to a black screen.
You waited long enough? Mine displays a black screen between 30 seconds and a minute. See list above.

Harmonium

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2021, 10:25:35 PM »
I agree with you NiceMonkey! I like the new GUI and it is getting better. I welcome the "Movie Collection" feature. It was a must for me.

One thing I would like is to have more informations when we select a movie. Like is it a DVD, Blu-ray or 4K UHD and which audio tracks are available (Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, etc.), Dolby Vision, HDR etc.. For me it is basic informations to have.

It would be really nice if the movies were sorted without the determiner (The, They or L', Le, La, Les in french). I have more than 50 movies starting with "The". Do you think it is possible to have that?

I will continue to test the new GUI...

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2021, 07:44:35 AM »
One thing I would like is to have more informations when we select a movie. Like is it a DVD, Blu-ray or 4K UHD and which audio tracks are available (Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, etc.), Dolby Vision, HDR etc.. For me it is basic informations to have.

It would be really nice if the movies were sorted without the determiner (The, They or L', Le, La, Les in french). I have more than 50 movies starting with "The". Do you think it is possible to have that?
I am pretty sure these are on the todo list. Also adding child lock tagging belongs to this wishlist for some.
Enough to do but they should not overdo it. Stability is more relevant in my humble view.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:35:05 AM by Nice Monkey »

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2021, 10:45:25 AM »
Hello Nice Monkey,

Many complain that Dune HD does not manage collections....

I quote a person ''their film management is a big shit, do not hesitate to say it, you will find yourself with movies absolutely in all directions, simply that it is the only box in the world to not manage the collection, just pitiful''.

Is there anything planned by Dune HD in your opinion for the management of collections?
ZidooTutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwz_OZWlielee6EoX_IFBgg

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2021, 10:52:09 AM »
Is there anything planned by Dune HD in your opinion for the management of collections?
I have no clue whatsoever.

What I am sure about that with Move Walls it is impossible to satisfy everybody. They all want to work it differently and have different features for displaying metadata, import/export metadata, TV series collections, merges, block changes etc etc. They are very quick to call a product shit or worse if it doesn't do certain thing as they like or worked on some other product they have. A Zidoo has far more features here but they keep adding more and more which in fact does not help performance nor stability.

I personally don't need or want it and won't evaluate it neither. No time/urge to watch all those series.
Seen the popularity of Poster Movie Wall applications made it a dedicated chapter in the review. The text above was added to it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 11:11:53 AM by Nice Monkey »

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2021, 11:44:19 AM »

I did not express myself well  :)

I was talking about movie sagas like for example ''Star Wars'' which are not grouped correctly?

it seems that with the r18, the problem seems solved?

Can you confirm or not
ZidooTutorials :

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2021, 12:22:51 PM »
Will put in my Space Fiction HDD and give it a trial run. Typically these require a naming convention to be grouped correctly.

Harmonium

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »
Well, OlivierQC, if you read my quote I just said that I welcome the new Movies Collection feature! And it is is working pretty well.

Hann

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2021, 10:31:36 PM »
You waited long enough? Mine displays a black screen between 30 seconds and a minute. See list above.

Thanks, I will need to try it. Perhaps I did not wait long enough!

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2021, 11:31:25 PM »
Well, OlivierQC, if you read my quote I just said that I welcome the new Movies Collection feature! And it is is working pretty well.

oouups  :) thank you, I read it too fast the first time
ZidooTutorials :

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: The Dune HD Real/Pro Vision 4K detailed review (Vision family)
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2021, 09:29:27 AM »
As a friend got himself the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo model added the specifics for that model to the review. Still need to check some small things like fan noise and to do the consumption measurements for it. These will be added later.

Also added "Emergency Flash Booting" to the Dune Support chapter as Dune players don't have a reset Key/Pin.

Some of the new "My Collection" features can be configured in the "Setup / Appearance / Additional" menu:
1) Autoplay video: Play trailer automatically or not
2) Content window at the top: With or without Netflix style info on top. Off is full window with covers.
3) Navigation panel on the left. Speaks for itself.
Agreed a well hidden and very misleading setup, but they do work you know.

The problem list was updated for this R18 Alpha FW version but player problems were verified to be identical for the  R17 release without "NewGUI".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:42:35 PM by Nice Monkey »

Mike-UK

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2021, 02:59:25 PM »
ive contacted dune support and asked when will we see an update to R18 Alpha, there reply was you can download Alpha from this location  :-\ , i guess they dont speak or know english :(

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2021, 09:35:14 AM »
The inconvenience list was updated: No track list/song selection with a single track album with CUE sheet include. Being a must and bypass for gapless playback and also the standard format for DTS-CD.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:47:28 AM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2021, 09:50:05 PM »
Updated with the new FW released "dune_firmware_tv175u_211031_0532_r18.dff. .
No serious problems fixes; yes an improved My Collections.

See reply #3 for updated details. Will be integrated when comments received form Dune.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:04:25 AM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024