FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1084132 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #585 on: September 22, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
I just upgraded to the Q5 Pro CFW 2.0.5 and my screens are in black and white. (background in black, text and pics in white)
In the original firmware they are coloured

Update: Its's "Whicons"

Normal icons can be restored by simply uninstalling the Whicons app. So My Apps - Whicons - remote menu button - Uninstall.

hgr

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
I won't, I like it now  :)

mihailuican

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 22, 2017, 05:26:51 PM »
So far so good. I installed yesterday after rooting the Q10Pro and making a backup with Titanium Backup.
After upgrade to 2.0.5 PCristiware, everything ok, I restored my user apps and data, I also restored the backedup Kodi settings, everything is functional.
Cheers everybody. Thank you PCristi.

EDIT: BIG Problem - every few minutes, whatever I do a CHROMECAST BUILTIN SCREENSAVER  - cuts my movies and shows and freezes the sistem
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS NEW ANNOYANCE NOT PRESENT SO FAR? What the bleeeeep is this?
@PCristi?

Edit 2: I disabled screensaver from 500 firepaper application. It appears it cleared the problem

Edit 3: Has anybody, please, managed to eliminate the notification sound (chimes) that triggers even during movies? WHAT is it causing this? Pretty please?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:58:31 PM by mihailuican »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 23, 2017, 02:04:58 AM »
Edit 3: Has anybody, please, managed to eliminate the notification sound (chimes) that triggers even during movies? WHAT is it causing this? Pretty please?

Check if reading yours email from gmail or uninstall gmail app help.

gridlock

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 23, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
thanks pcristi for the extreme effort. truly amazing.
the 1080p mkv files from my 2TB drive using Kodi 17.4 default player is breathtaking.....
but unfortunately , the turn-off option in the pre-installed power app doesn't seem to work as intended , like numerous hangs , with a weird behaviour of the panel led ( red power button remains white , the white center circle sometimes doesn't go off , same thing also with the directions options display on panel....
aside from the mentioned , i'm so pleased with the improvements done to make the Q10 pro a real contender for the best android tv box ever made....

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 23, 2017, 08:54:26 AM »

Check if reading yours email from gmail or uninstall gmail app help.

Is there no other way, like to close the gmail app completely? Even if you're signed in to your google account, there's normally a simple move to just close any apps running in background on a regular Android system. I have also an Android Tablet, signed in all the time in Google, but the Gmail doesn't ever do such things at all. Something is a bit strangely messed up with the Android OS on HiMedias firmwares.

Another tipp is to close (stop) the gmail app manually from the settings->more menu, tho' this seams to be a rather "raw" solution and very uncomfortable to do it after every boot-up. Maybe there's a way to make a batch file and icon for this operation (sorry I'm not an expert on how Android works,  just guessing). :???

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 23, 2017, 09:54:17 AM »
Hello,
How to turn off the screensaver on custom firmware? Screensaver activates while listening Spotify.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
Hello,
How to turn off the screensaver on custom firmware? Screensaver activates while listening Spotify.

Woow not once follow what is written on this topic

@mihailuican already post solution 5 post up read edit 2:
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg19651#msg19651

or two page back on my post
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg19575#msg19575

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »
Thanks pcristi, but I completely uninstalled 500firepapper  and the screen saver remained :)

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 23, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
Thanks pcristi, but I completely uninstalled 500firepapper  and the screen saver remained :)

Android daydream is OS functionality, 500 firepapper  is just third party apps witch can help to open Android daydream setting.
Now because you already uninstall use search on Android Setting to open daydream setting and set screen saver off.
Please read how to do on my post after Start LE:
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg19575#msg19575

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 23, 2017, 11:29:31 AM »
Disabling the screen saver settings causes me to shut down completely Himedia ,after a few minutes

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 23, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »
Disabling the screen saver settings causes me to shut down completely Himedia ,after a few minutes

Ahhh you don't have last version from mediafire, please redownload and make USB upgrade.

Gunther99

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 23, 2017, 12:10:53 PM »
@pcristi: do you have a alternate LINK for THE LATEST 2.0.5 FIRMWARE because here on the first page of this topic the link is BROKEN !

Thanx ! And Keep up the GREAT work ! I really enjoy my Q5 PRO again with your firmware !

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »
@pcristi: do you have a alternate LINK for THE LATEST 2.0.5 FIRMWARE because here on the first page of this topic the link is BROKEN !

Thanx ! And Keep up the GREAT work ! I really enjoy my Q5 PRO again with your firmware !

Link for Q5Pro is working, for Q10Pro is broken need change ttp//  to http://

tomathew

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2017, 03:57:19 AM »

Hi,

I am a newbie to Android. I have upgraded my Q5 Pro to 2.05 Official firmware. I would like to apply the custom firmware 2.05 to obtain 7.1 HD passthrough within Kodi. I have a couple of concerns though.

1. Which backup app/program should I use to backup the existing firmware and configuration?

2. After applying the custom firmware, if I run into any issues can I go back to the previous official version? How?

Detailed help would be greatly appreciated.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024