United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Wrapper and Samba Shares Still not working [FIXED]  (Read 9590 times)

ltworf

• View Profile
Wrapper and Samba Shares Still not working [FIXED]
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:18:12 AM »
Hope someone could help me my family is really getting frustrated with me since they can't access their shows. It's getting very frustrating

I have the latest custom firmware
kodi 17
Automount works and I can view and access from Media Centre
When i do a search in LAN i get no Server so I can't create samba short cuts
Can't see sub folders in ES Folders

So I can't add my NAS in Kodi
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:29:16 PM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wrapper and Samba Shares Still not working
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:33:36 AM »

Do you mean the persistent mount patch? This patch is non-essential for Samba shares in Kodi+wrapper, the normal way would be to browse to the shares using the Kodi files section. Samba shares will play from wrapper with zero additional setup. If the Samba share is password protected enter the Samba details in the wrapper app (launcher home - My Apps - Wrapper)

If you do want to use that patch then the solution to auto-search not finding your NAS is to assign it a static IP address (in your router setup). Then Media Center - LAN - Add share and enter IP address for NAS. After you've created the new share in Media Center you'll need to run the patch again.

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:07:05 PM »

Do you mean the persistent mount patch? This patch is non-essential for Samba shares in Kodi+wrapper, the normal way would be to browse to the shares using the Kodi files section. Samba shares will play from wrapper with zero additional setup. If the Samba share is password protected enter the Samba details in the wrapper app (launcher home - My Apps - Wrapper)

If you do want to use that patch then the solution to auto-search not finding your NAS is to assign it a static IP address (in your router setup). Then Media Center - LAN - Add share and enter IP address for NAS. After you've created the new share in Media Center you'll need to run the patch again.

I have already don all that. my server is static and I've run the samba short cut patch. I've tried to ener in the static IP but it will not take

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:27:54 PM by ltworf »

ltworf

• View Profile
I'm still not getting this to work I'm very frustrated now. Thinking of returning this box

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »
Because you've installed patches and it's impossible for me to tell what is working and what isn't on your box my advice is to reinstall firmware and start from scratch.

When you have a fresh clean install try auto-search LAN again.

If that doesn't work try using 'Add share' and entering IP address. In the directory box enter a directory and not wildcard.

davenm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
One thing you could try first is; if your using a VPN service on your box turn it off before searching for local shares.

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »
Because you've installed patches and it's impossible for me to tell what is working and what isn't on your box my advice is to reinstall firmware and start from scratch.

If that doesn't work try using 'Add share' and entering IP address. In the directory box enter a directory and not wildcard.

Ok starting from scratch with this CF from your link here (https://www.mediafire.com/?kvlryqpyzcac3#o4h15793c0a0e) and I selected from the Android 7.0 folder Q10pro (Update&Themed) date 2017-02-05

Once this is done am I doing anything special other than adding my user/pass in the wrapper?

I'll let you know if it works from this. Once

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »

Installed CF as indicated. First thing I did was do a search in the LAN and it came up with No Server. Haven't done the wrapper yet because I'm assuming this No Server is is the issue.

What's next

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:47 AM »
I know is sound stupid. Did you try reboot your router?
Start Samba server on HiMedia box, and you need to see at least box itself when make LAN AutoSearch from MediaCenter.

Installed CF as indicated. First thing I did was do a search in the LAN and it came up with No Server. Haven't done the wrapper yet because I'm assuming this No Server is is the issue.

What's next

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:53:35 AM »
I know is sound stupid. Did you try reboot your router?
Start Samba server on HiMedia box, and you need to see at least box itself when make LAN AutoSearch from MediaCenter.

What's next

I did not think to reboot my router. Stupid newbie mistake. I can now search and find my server.

So before I try the wrapper.

Should I run the Samba short cut bat. then I should see the server in /mnt/sbaShare or something like that

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 10:41:06 AM »
I did not think to reboot my router. Stupid newbie mistake. I can now search and find my server.

Should I run the Samba short cut bat. then I should see the server in /mnt/sbaShare or something like that

Good we're getting somewhere.

If you don't specifically need the Samba patch I advise not installing it. For playing media from Samba share using HiMedia media center or Kodi you shouldn't need the patch.

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:52 PM »

Good we're getting somewhere.

If you don't specifically need the Samba patch I advise not installing it. For playing media from Samba share using HiMedia media center or Kodi you shouldn't need the patch.

Ok it's all working now. I didn't even open the Wrapper it just worked with  kodi automatically. Thank you so much for  you help. Much appreciated. The picture and sound on the Q10 is awesome.

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »
You could edit the first post and mark this issue as FIXED. Just a suggestion :)
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

ltworf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
You could edit the first post and mark this issue as FIXED. Just a suggestion :)

sorry Newbie but someone already did :)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024