United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Additional information please  (Read 1751 times)

paul.stoneman

• View Profile
Additional information please
« on: February 16, 2021, 09:47:19 AM »
Hi, I think I have read as much as I can find on the UHD3000 but few questions please,
One, where is the HDMI input, I have seen pictures of the outside and they mention two outputs, one being audio only, the other picture and sound as normal but no mention of an input. I assume everything is recorded to a hard drive via the HDMI input? and no copy protection is changed.

Two can the unit be used as an HDMI passthrough by which I mean if say a signal from a streaming devise is sent to it will it be able to improve the picture quality and show on the output, I have read that it will not record streamed content such as Netflix and that is not an issue.

Three I currently use a computer with Jriver as ny addio source going via an Oppo 205 using the ESS9038 DAC, can the UHD3000 be used in the same way, IE DAC only via the USB input.
Many thanks for any information. Regs Paul.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Additional information please
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:50:23 AM »
Hi Paul;
Just read this one.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/practical-experiences-using-the-uhd3000.86061/
Still questions? No problem just ask.

But to answer the questions above:
1) There is NO HDMI-IN on UHD3000 in contrary to UHD2000 and other recent models.
2) HDMI-IN on Zidoo unlike on OPPO 203/205 has no passthrough mode with image processing. It is just meant for restricted HD/2CH recording or PIP. So a double NO here.
3) Yes, USB-IN should work the same as on OPPO 205 and I expect the sound to result even slightly better that way.

Stopped looking for an OPPO 205 (replacing my 203) myself when the UHD3000 became available. Still a great pair of media players as they compensate each others strengths and weaknesses perfectly. For streaming services which is absent respectively weak on mentioned players I use my Android TV based APP's installed on my television.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:10:16 PM by Nice Monkey »

paul.stoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:11:45 AM »
Good morning Nice Monkey and thank you for your reply.
I have spent several hours going through some of the other Zidoo units on various forums and my next question is please, how do you get a copy of a 4K UHD disc/film or Blu ray on to the hard drive, which I understand are not included, if the machine cannot record them. I have read that many people record their 4KUHD and Blu ray discs to save space etc, How!, or are these units more for recording basic TV similar to the Sky box.
Many thanks Regas Paul.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:26:35 AM »
Use only BD/UHD 1:1 rips myself saved in ISO format. How to do that or where to get those is beyond this forum.

paul.stoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:15 PM »
Hi Nice Monkey,

Understand and thank you once again.

Kind regards Paul.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024