United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5 4K switches to 4:3 instead of maintaining 16:9 and causes powertrips  (Read 2525 times)

libratiger

• View Profile
Hi, I recently upgraded my TV to a 4K one and proceeded to change the Q5 resolution to 2160p30.  But this resolution seems to output 4:3 format when I restarts the box.

I have no problem with 1080p for many months, just 2160.  Anyone has this problem too?  I bought my box from taobao so I believe it is a China set.  Also, it occasionally causes powertrips when I power on.

My TV automatically detects the output from Q4 as 4:3 although I can force the TV to show 16:9 under Q5 2160 resolution but I think it is not solving the root cause of the issue.

Anyone knows why 1080 can maintain 16:9 but 2160 can't?  Has it got anything to do with the refresh rate?  Thanks in advance.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Q5 4K switches to 4:3 instead of maintaining 16:9 and causes powertrips
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:22:27 PM »
Your box is probably running a completely different firmware to the European Q5 4K3Ds so you won't get useful info on this forum.

You may have better luck on HiMedia's Chinese forum: http://bbs.himedia.cn/forum-123-1.html

In general, the resolution problem could be cable related. You need HDMI 1.4 cables ('high-speed') for 2160p30.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024