FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1083997 times)

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #1140 on: February 18, 2019, 08:51:56 AM »
Kodi crashes my box when I play a movie with the standard player?
It play sometimes 20 minuten and then the box is restarting, sometimes two times in a movie.
I use the latest CFW here with that Kodi in it.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

martinviper

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:20 PM »
Guys, simple question for you if that's not too much to take :)
1. I am an owner of KDLINKS A400 unit.
2. Have Android version 7 on it (european/international version).
3. Want to install custom version of firmware to get all those extra functionality and perks mentioned in this forum but NOT too sure how to start this.
4. Should I first install PRO version of firmware as per procedure here (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1610.0) and let's say this version: Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. ANDROID 7. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.1 2017-01-10.164949 ??
5. Once this new version is installed should I then install custom version of firmware like explained here (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.0) ? BUT which version do you suggest I should go for to be the most stable and without many issues/bugs ?
6. If I am wrong in thinking about UPGRADE process please correct me. I will appreciate all your help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 22, 2019, 08:52:01 AM »
3. Want to install custom version of firmware to get all those extra functionality and perks mentioned in this forum but NOT too sure how to start this.
4. Should I first install PRO version of firmware as per procedure here (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1610.0) and let's say this version: Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. ANDROID 7. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.1 2017-01-10.164949 ??
5. Once this new version is installed should I then install custom version of firmware like explained here (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.0) ? BUT which version do you suggest I should go for to be the most stable and without many issues/bugs ?
6. If I am wrong in thinking about UPGRADE process please correct me. I will appreciate all your help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

You should have version 2.0.4 or higher to install the latest firmware. If you don't install 2.0.4 first

martinviper

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 22, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

You should have version 2.0.4 or higher to install the latest firmware. If you don't install 2.0.4 first

So this means I need to install PRO version 2.0.4 and then I'll be able to install any other new versions on top of it ?
Would it also mean that I could do new upgrades through front-end Upgrade process (from inside the running software) ?
Does it also mean that I need to start from 2.0.4 and move up incrementally to 2.0.5 then 2.0.6 then 2.0.7 and so on ?
Does version 2.0.4 is a prerequisite to install anything else even though I run stock version of firmware 2.0.6 on my A400 ?

DON'T WORRY - ALL SORTED AND FIXED.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:15:20 PM by martinviper »

rami

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 02, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »
I installed the latest CFW and tried it with Kodi 18.1, it was ok except with DTS true HD and Dolby digital plus it couldn't handle.
But the Himedia player played everything without any issue.
Do you think it is a Kodi issue?

Scorp76

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 04, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
Thanks for your effort!
I was wondering, could there be a patch or something to make the front display show more information.
There was once an CFW where the display showed more info, with movies etc, but it seems lost.Also in official FW the displays never got that much attention.According the post, the info for the vfd was there but most be linked to it?

Thanks.

nandish

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 04, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
I am asking only for the possibility of adjusting the brightness of the display :)
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

vanngocan

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 08, 2019, 04:57:55 AM »
Hi guys,

I am using customer firmware 2.1.1, and I want to use AutoInput with Tasker. AutoInput requires to turn on Accessibility in Settings, but I cannot find Accessibility there.

Anyone knows how to access the Accessibility setting?

SSThing

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 08, 2019, 08:11:17 AM »
Hi guys,

I am using customer firmware 2.1.1, and I want to use AutoInput with Tasker. AutoInput requires to turn on Accessibility in Settings, but I cannot find Accessibility there.

Anyone knows how to access the Accessibility setting?

Click on the settings gear icon
Scroll across to "More" and click on this.
Using your cursor, click on the search (magnifying glass) in the top right.
Now type "accessibility".
This will bring up the links you need.
LG EC930V, Onkyo TX-NR3030, LSA Audio LSA2 speakers, Polk Audio centre.

fredphoesh

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 08, 2019, 10:06:35 AM »
Hello all,
A question about audio output please.

I have an Nvidia Shield, but it UPSAMPLES all audio to 192khz, which causes intermittent popping in the audio every 1 - 3 minutes. My cheap android box outputs 44.1khz and there is no such problem.

I was considering buying this box, but am curious about the statement in this thread about the custom firmware. It says

"audio passthrough in standard Kodi..."

So what is the usual output of this box, 44.1?
And with this ROM, will output whatever file format the file is?

Thanks!
Mark.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 09, 2019, 03:03:42 AM »
What kind of (cheap) Android Box is that exactly? Thus it's strange that it does proper 44.1kHz output. Most of the Android Boxes upsamples 44.1 to 48kHz because an odd Android OS limitation, regardless the playback software chosen.  So does HiMedia.

dddp

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 10, 2019, 07:42:14 AM »
I have a small problem with the latest custom FW and the latest Kodi, updated via playstore, where kodi sometimes crashes and i have to quit kodi. The file i'm playing will keep playing as it's using the wrapper. Kodi would occasionally crash using the version that came with the custom firmware as well so i don't think this is the problem

Any idea if there's  solution to this problem? Thanks

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 10, 2019, 08:57:23 AM »
I have a small problem with the latest custom FW and the latest Kodi, updated via playstore, where kodi sometimes crashes and i have to quit kodi. The file i'm playing will keep playing as it's using the wrapper. Kodi would occasionally crash using the version that came with the custom firmware as well so i don't think this is the problem

Any idea if there's  solution to this problem? Thanks

Uninstall current KODI and install 17.6 and turn off PlayStore updates for KODI. 18.x is still unstable on Android with external players.

ghostpost

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 10, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
Question:
Why do I get a ChromeCast build-in screen after a few minutes on my Q10? How can I stop this?

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #1154 on: March 10, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024