FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1084047 times)

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #1125 on: January 24, 2019, 07:21:00 PM »
I'm sorry, but when I bought it, the Q10 Pro was advertised with HD audio and Kodi!
They did not mention that HD audio does not work with Kodi!
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 25, 2019, 05:12:01 AM »
Ok, I understand, but it's obvious that "HD audio AND KODI" doesn't equals to "HD audio WITH KODI". I think HiMedia never advertised their Boxes with "full KODI support" or anything that reminds something closely similar to what you refer. Even if this fact wouldn't be exactly understandable when one have bought this Box, it should have to become totally clear by now. If not from anything else at least from the information constantly published on this Forum, and by the fact that in the more than 2  years of the Box's lifetime it never even have happened partially before.  So HiMedia + KODI + HD audio, my best advise is to "let it go"...

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #1127 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

mulderfox

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 26, 2019, 01:15:10 AM »
Noticed two issues:

1. I've connected to my google account from android settings/accounts, and now when I got to play store it claims there is no connection (worked fine on official 2.0.11 firmware) - I am connected via wired LAN.
2. Kodi 18 has some annoying issues/features. Is it okay to update it to RC5, or will that break anything with the setup and/or wrapper support? Also, I cannot set folders as watched - the option is missing and only appears on each single file or film. Also, connecting to Samba network shares is a real pain. You need to do it in a specific way or connection is impossible.

Any ideas on how to resolve these? thanks.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 27, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »
@mulderfox

1 Usually happens when add Google account and fix if box is rebooted.
2 Unlucky Kodi 18.0 RC4 is was wrong choose to be CFW, can be replace with other Kodi 18.0 builds as Beta4, RC3(2018/12/09) or "shitty" build(2018/12/22) witch is was report by users here to be more stable.

seadoospark1988

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 27, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »
Hi ,

Subtitle change or Audio Track change crashes the video player, did anyone have a similar issue. Im not using Kodi.

Is there a way to turn off subtitles by default? Or is there a fix to the crash. I cannot change audio tracks or turn subtitles off without a crash.

pigx

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 29, 2019, 02:52:51 PM »
I bought a bluthoot keyboard, I'm trying to make the paring from the general settings, bluthoot section, the q10 sees it, but when I try to match it tells me that it is impossible to communicate with her, I have the latest version of custom firmware. Has anyone happened?

ionutlup

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 29, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »
Hi.Kodi 18.0 final release!

thebeast

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 01, 2019, 08:26:18 PM »
hello from new zealand . newbie here.    i just got a q10 pro for a good deal. i would like to install some custom firmware. I have read alot on this forum and have spent alot of time trying to install the latest custom firmware.   my current firmware is oem android 7 . hmd 2.1.0 2018 09 20.022650.

i have tried multiple times to install custom firmware over this.

do i have to downgrade to android 5
i have right clicked on the downloaded zip and right clicked it and renamed it to update.zip.and moved the zip to the usb pen drive .     is this the correct way??
i have followed the instructions .......i get to a floating circle but then nothing just boots to normal screen ...im thinking its nit recognising the file i have changed .

sorry if this has been sorted before but i did troll through multiple pages but no answers....

help!!

atkinsom

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 01, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »
hello from new zealand . newbie here.    i just got a q10 pro for a good deal. i would like to install some custom firmware. I have read alot on this forum and have spent alot of time trying to install the latest custom firmware.   my current firmware is oem android 7 . hmd 2.1.0 2018 09 20.022650.

i have tried multiple times to install custom firmware over this.

do i have to downgrade to android 5
i have right clicked on the downloaded zip and right clicked it and renamed it to update.zip.and moved the zip to the usb pen drive .     is this the correct way??
i have followed the instructions .......i get to a floating circle but then nothing just boots to normal screen ...im thinking its nit recognising the file i have changed .

sorry if this has been sorted before but i did troll through multiple pages but no answers....

help!!
Just to be sure you're naming it right I would copy the file to your desktop on the PC, right mouse click, choose properties, rename the file under the general tab to...... update.zip

put the USB drive into the USB2 port of the q10 and with the paper clip hold it in and apply power to the unit...don't let go until you've counted to 10 and it should go from there

aurorau

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 02, 2019, 09:35:45 AM »
Hi ,

Subtitle change or Audio Track change crashes the video player, did anyone have a similar issue. Im not using Kodi.

Is there a way to turn off subtitles by default? Or is there a fix to the crash. I cannot change audio tracks or turn subtitles off without a crash.

yes, same problem annoy me much. Can't believe HiMedia programmer hit on such error.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 02, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »

yes, same problem annoy me much. Can't believe HiMedia programmer hit on such error.
What is Android language set on your box?  I don't see problems with English(US).

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 03, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
Hello all

Unfortunately my kodi updated to Leia the other day, and since then it been crash bang wallop as far as I'm concerned.  I don't think they took enough time in development  ;D., however that isn't my particularly problem at the moment, which may be for numerous reasons. My gripe is that Leia doesn't allow  me to use the back up function of a particular addon, ares wizard. All functions apart from destination of black up file work fine, and I'm unable to locate anywhere why the latest kodi release should defunct it.. I'm using  pro10 with CFW 2.09 26-07-18

I still have my upgrade on a usb stick , so if I do a reboot will the kodi on that 2.09 remain as  krypton 17.6 ? and if so how do I stop google play from automatically upgrading it, once signed in on Google account?  Is 2.09 the last CfW release which has krypton kodi or does 2.10 also have it, upon reading the posts, I'm getting confused as to whether RDC releases were incorporated in 2.10.

As an after thought I remember that your able to download or apk all versions of kodi, so answering this may make above redundant, but still info to know.  If i upgrade my Cfw to say 2.10 or 11 would I be able to delete the kodi which comes with the upgrade, and apply thr kyrpton from the download ?
 Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:51:02 AM by Icarium20 »

aurorau

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 03, 2019, 01:30:13 AM »

What is Android language set on your box?  I don't see problems with English(US).

Hi pcristi,

My Q10Pro always set in English(US) and installed with your CFW 2.1.1.
1st, tried play movie from NAS, when changed subtitle, HiMedia player crashed and prompts me to reopen player.
2nd, tried play movie from local internal hard disk, same problem occurred.

This doesn't happen to you but it does on me and another forum guy here. Any idea to solve this apart from android box language?

Thanks

mulderfox

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
With rc4 the box wasn't too stable, but with the final update it keeps crashing while the wrapper is playing.
Any idea how to resolve this without reverting to a previous Kodi version or firmware?
@mulderfox

1 Usually happens when add Google account and fix if box is rebooted.
2 Unlucky Kodi 18.0 RC4 is was wrong choose to be CFW, can be replace with other Kodi 18.0 builds as Beta4, RC3(2018/12/09) or "shitty" build(2018/12/22) witch is was report by users here to be more stable.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024