United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1083980 times)

bennySB

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »
@pcristi

is it possible to extrakt four PowerMenue App for a signel install or is the old one (this one http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg6602#msg6602) still working on Android 7?

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »
Hey everybody, the new Custom Cristian Firmware is here  :-*

update_Q10Pro_(update&themed)_HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855.zip

https://www.mediafire.com/?o4h15793c0a0e

Thanks a lot PCristi for that beautiful work as usely. ;D

For q5?

eruo1

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »
Thanks @pcristi. Two of my apps that were not working in the original FW are now working.

switchblade

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
Movie playback freezes from around 15 seconds to 30 seconds, then resumes.  I have installed the Custom FW from this thread with no other mods.

I have Q10 Pro, wired ethernet.

I'm using the builtin media player (not using kodi or wrapper)

I first installed the official FW, same result with freezing.

I have a PopCorn Hour player next to my Q10 for testing playback from my NAS.  PCH plays everything with no freezing, but Q10 has issues with all file types.  With my PCH I have ruled out my local network and my NAS so the playback issue is for sure the Q10.

Any suggestions on what to check to fix the freezing?

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:03:39 PM by switchblade »

salalee

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2016, 03:14:51 AM »
kindly pcristi , any idea how to hide the annoying soft keys on nougat? in your modified LP firmware you were able to help us with that... thanks a lot

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
Q5pro CS is out ....

https://www.mediafire.com/?o4h15793c0a0e
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:50:11 PM by onyxx1995 »

salalee

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2016, 02:43:15 PM »
hi futeko...... thank you (and thanks to pcristi) for such a great experience with q10 pro....,
i noticed that after LP firmware 1.0.8 update  ( either from 1.07 or even after downgrading from nougat to 1.0.8 ) that the touch screen front buttons became less responsive, i mean when i try to switch on the box from the touch-sensitive power button on the box , i have to keep on pressing it or even move my finger over it several times to power it on....  and such an issue is with both , official and customed 1.0.8 firmwares.
i didn't experience this with previous firmwares.
can you kindly check on that?  thanks a lot in advance. cheers
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:45:26 PM by salalee »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
hi futeko...... thank you (and thanks to pcristi) for such a great experience with q10 pro....,
i noticed that after LP firmware 1.0.8 update  ( either from 1.07 or even after downgrading from nougat to 1.0.8 ) that the touch screen front buttons became less responsive, i mean when i try to switch on the box from the touch-sensitive power button on the box , i have to keep on pressing it or even move my finger over it several times to power it on....  and such an issue is with both , official and customed 1.0.8 firmwares.
i didn't experience this with previous firmwares.
can you kindly check on that?  thanks a lot in advance. cheers

I haven't noticed it on any Q10 Pro we've flashed.

switchblade

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »
Movie playback freezes from around 15 seconds to 30 seconds, then resumes.  I have installed the Custom FW from this thread with no other mods.

I have Q10 Pro, wired ethernet.

I'm using the builtin media player (not using kodi or wrapper)

I first installed the official FW, same result with freezing.

I have a PopCorn Hour player next to my Q10 for testing playback from my NAS.  PCH plays everything with no freezing, but Q10 has issues with all file types.  With my PCH I have ruled out my local network and my NAS so the playback issue is for sure the Q10.

Any suggestions on what to check to fix the freezing?

Thank you

Anything??   I would like to toss the PCH, but I need the Q10 working first.   I have already confirmed it is NOT my network cable and switch, or my NAS.  So are there video settings I  should check or is this FW have bugs and issues with playback still?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »

The problem you describe 'Q10 has issues with all file types' and 'Movie playback freezes from around 15 seconds to 30 seconds, then resumes' is not other what other users are experiencing.

We've had thousands of FW 2.0.0 downloads and this forum is not full of users reporting such massive problems.

Presuming FW is installed correctly (restore button, two firmwares in order) then your Q10 Pro hardware may be faulty. If you bought it from us please email mail@futeko.com to request RMA.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
PowerMenu not compatible with present Android 7.0 f/w, shutdown option not working.

LE:
PowerMenu themed apk get it from  mediafire.

is it possible to extrakt four PowerMenue App for a signel install or is the old one (this one http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg6602#msg6602) still working on Android 7?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:22:43 PM by pcristi »

switchblade

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »

The problem you describe 'Q10 has issues with all file types' and 'Movie playback freezes from around 15 seconds to 30 seconds, then resumes' is not other what other users are experiencing.

We've had thousands of FW 2.0.0 downloads and this forum is not full of users reporting such massive problems.

Presuming FW is installed correctly (restore button, two firmwares in order) then your Q10 Pro hardware may be faulty. If you bought it from us please email mail@futeko.com to request RMA.

Thanks for the repsone.  Let me provide a few more details to make sure there is nothing else I can do before I request an RMA.

Everything plays, but after some time, it will freeze....wait....then resume.  For some movies, it may do it only a few times through the movie.  Other movies do this through most of the moive.  When it does freeze, it does this for about 15 to 30 seconds each time.

FW is installed correctly.  I did hte paper clip thing .

I did not change the default values for video playback, so what ever the default settings is what I am using.

When not freezing, picture and sound are great.

Last, for resolution, I have the setting at 1080p because most of my content is currently 1080p.  I only change it to 2160p when I want to watch a 4k movie.  Would be nice if the unit would do this automatically.

Any last ideas before I have to do the RMA stuff?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2016, 11:32:10 AM »
Thanks for the repsone.  Let me provide a few more details to make sure there is nothing else I can do before I request an RMA.

Everything plays, but after some time, it will freeze....wait....then resume.  For some movies, it may do it only a few times through the movie.  Other movies do this through most of the moive.  When it does freeze, it does this for about 15 to 30 seconds each time.

FW is installed correctly.  I did hte paper clip thing .

I did not change the default values for video playback, so what ever the default settings is what I am using.

When not freezing, picture and sound are great.

Last, for resolution, I have the setting at 1080p because most of my content is currently 1080p.  I only change it to 2160p when I want to watch a 4k movie.  Would be nice if the unit would do this automatically.

Any last ideas before I have to do the RMA stuff?

Freezing like that is not something I've experienced or read about other users experiencing. I suspect it's a hardware problem.

Is the fan operating normally? i.e. spinning? Do you have a HDD installed? What type? Freezing can be a symptom of overheating, but, again, I've heard of zero overheating type problems with Q10 Pro to date (it's a big case, even without fan it should usually be OK).

Where are you playing the files from? Do you get the same problems when playing from a USB flash drive?

switchblade

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2016, 05:38:51 PM »

Freezing like that is not something I've experienced or read about other users experiencing. I suspect it's a hardware problem.

Is the fan operating normally? i.e. spinning? Do you have a HDD installed? What type? Freezing can be a symptom of overheating, but, again, I've heard of zero overheating type problems with Q10 Pro to date (it's a big case, even without fan it should usually be OK).

Where are you playing the files from? Do you get the same problems when playing from a USB flash drive?

Ok good to hear that all of the playback issues that we seen in the earlier FW releases have been resolved.   I recall many playback issues when this first came out, where people were playing with video playback settings, changing video settings to try to resolve it.  Again, good to hear you fixed all of those issues.

I will have to confirm the fan is working, as I did not check that before.  I have not installed any hard drive, the Q10 is stock, just like it was shipped to me.  The top of the box isn't hot while playing, by the way. 

I have not tried playing back from USB for a while now.  Being my Popcorn hour plays just fine the same exact files located on my NAS, using the same network.  Again, my q10 and popcorn hour are sitting next to each other for this testing.  Only the q10 has the issues. 

I confirm air flow and fan is working, but it sounds like I need to rma.

Thanks again

Grifone1893

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
Hi, can I ask why the new custom FW is not on the first page yet?
I've seen that someone posted a link to it but no news from pcristi...is it safe to install?

Thx in advance

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024