United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] Persistent mountpoints for SAMBA / NFS Shares  (Read 137525 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Password Protected Shares Kodi+wrapper
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »
I've got an opposite problem. A PC , running on Windows 10pro, that I use to watch a video by SMB, is turned on for always. To make it possible to start it automatically after a black out (electricity interruption) or after a Windows  update, that requires a restart, I don't use a password on it, a user name only. The current version of wrapper doesn't allow to start the wrapper without a password. All fields in its setting window must be filled in.
Is there any solution to start the wrapper without  setting password on my PC, but with username only? I think it would be useful to make a two versions of wrapper (with and without a password)..

If you suggest me to use an older version of wrapper, are there any conflicts with current firmware (1.0.5) on Q5pro?

Isn't it possible to set the PC up without a username for Samba access? i.e. guest access? That would be the more usual way to set up a Samba share without a password.

Alternatively, if you do want a username, set it up with a password?

Am sorry to give you what might be obvious answers, but to have a Samba share set up with a username and password, and then for the password to be blank, is unusual.

Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 03:50:51 AM »
Thanks.
Problem is solved by unmarking username and password requirement in cmd  ->  "control userpasswords2" or "netplwiz" command.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:23:58 AM by Phantom »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »
I've got an opposite problem. A PC , running on Windows 10pro, that I use to watch a video by SMB, is turned on for always. To make it possible to start it automatically after a black out (electricity interruption) or after a Windows  update, that requires a restart, I don't use a password on it, a user name only. The current version of wrapper doesn't allow to start the wrapper without a password. All fields in its setting window must be filled in.
Is there any solution to start the wrapper without  setting password on my PC, but with username only? I think it would be useful to make a two versions of wrapper (with and without a password)..

If you suggest me to use an older version of wrapper, are there any conflicts with current firmware (1.0.5) on Q5pro?

This beta version of the wrapper should enable the use of a blank Samba password: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b58mi0f9727jt7a/WRAPPER_BETA._ENABLE_BLANK_SAMBA_PASSWORD._1.0.1_HMD_801_Release.apk

All testing appreciated.

Phantom

• View Profile
Re: Password Protected SAMBA / NFS Shares Kodi+wrapper
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
Doesn't work for me. Black screen with "HimediaPlayer" on top.

akurej

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »
I am unable to play movies using Kodi through NFS, when Wrapper settings, is "Set to Wrapper Player".
It works fine when Wrapper setting is "Set to Kodi Player"

Any idea why Kodi "Set to Wrapper Player" cannot access NFS? No password set for NFS.
As otherwise it works fine with local USB HDD.

Thanks!

RonL

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »
I am unable to play movies using Kodi through NFS, when Wrapper settings, is "Set to Wrapper Player".

Any idea why Kodi "Set to Wrapper Player" cannot access NFS? No password set for NFS.

Thanks!

same problem here also. ???

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 09:28:15 AM »

Thanks!

Wrapper is incompatible with NFS except when NFS is set up using the method detailed in the opening post of this thread (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=813.0).

It's not clear whether you were using that method or not, but it should allow NFS shares to be played with wrapper.

akurej

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
I followed the easier method and it works fine now. Thanks! :-)

Eriol

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »
pcristi / Looun patch doesn't work very well with Android 7 anymore -> it fails to mount my drives.
I figured that the OS needs some delay after startup to mount so I added 20 sec sleep (10 wasn't enough) before the mounts in the script and it solved the problem.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
pcristi / Looun patch doesn't work very well with Android 7 anymore -> it fails to mount my drives.
I figured that the OS needs some delay after startup to mount so I added 20 sec sleep (10 wasn't enough) before the mounts in the script and it solved the problem.

Can you post (or email mail@futeko.com) the updated script? I will update the OP with it.

Eriol

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »

Can you post (or email mail@futeko.com) the updated script? I will update the OP with it.

I just replaced line 21 -> "sleep 1;" with "sleep 20;"

But I would appreciate if pcristi could look into the problem, maybe it's just an anomaly with my network setup (I got strange behaviors with SMB / NFS with this device anyways) and you guys don't need the fix.

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 03:11:06 PM »
i will check

drabisan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »
My first post. So excuse me for being a newbie!

Method works, but: there's no way to specify a deep path than share. My share is video, but under it I have cartoons, tv series and movies...I would love to have it as separate shortcuts.
Still digging...it was a Santa present and I'm yet to dig it properly.

I'll write another post with experience as a new user of Q10 Pro. Overall it looks mind blowing. But it feels like some features may need a bit of polishing.

tovaxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »

angus2064

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 03:24:47 AM »
Hi everyone ,

Since I upgraded my Q5Pro to HDM-1.0.8 ,the automount shortcut doesn't work anymore ,I need to open the shortcut in the MediaCenter manually first to be able to access it in Kodi ,so ,any idea for restore the automount functionality ?? Can I use the RUN_ME batch file again or this method will erase the previous shortcut for create a new one at another path ?

Thank you .

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024