FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Himedia Q10 pro not booting up when internal hdd is connected  (Read 4685 times)

stsh666

• View Profile
I got this Himedia Q10 pro recently from Aliexpress after a lot of follow up and trouble. I am happy with the way player handles different formats and output the high quality audio. But there is a problem I am facing which is spoiling all these good experiences. Everything was fine till I was using an external 5TB hdd and my issues started since I added the internal 3.5" hdd

My Himedia Q10 pro is not booting up when I connect a 2TB Seagate Compute hdd. The sole reason I bought this over any other player was the 3.5" hdd bay and with current issue faced its not what expected. Booting issues is only when sata connecter is pushed to the hdd and not able find a logical reason other than a faulty device.

I would request the experienced people in this forum to advise me on this.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Himedia Q10 pro not booting up when internal hdd is connected
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:25:13 PM »
Most likely you need either a higher amperage PSU or (and preferably) a powered hub for the external USB HDD. There is a limit in terms of how many devices the standard PSU will power.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:37:47 AM »
You could also try booting with just the internal HDD first.  Once up and running, plug in the external HDD and see if the power supply can cope.
If it still fails to boot as soon as the Seagate is plugged internally to the SATA port, there could be an issue with the hard drive itself.  Check it and format on a PC to make sure?

Booting your two HDD's at once could be an issue for the standard 2Amp P/S.
If your external 5Tb drive is not powered, a powered hub should fix the issue for you, as already suggested by Futeko.

rebelltl2012

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
this is strange... something about either the internal sata or ext hdd not right.

i frequently have 2 portables HDDs connected and with sata hdd inside the box... boots up nicely all the time.

Ad H

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
My impression is that the Q10 motherboard does not like to have load on the sata power connector. My Q10 is behaving also strange with an internal HDD connected. I use a 3amp powersupply.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:02:55 AM by Ad H »

Alcibiade FrS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 02:05:51 PM »
Hello friends! I have the exactly same issue here!First I have used a new internal sata wd blue edition 2TB Hdd,wich at 5400 r/min was working fine for a while.After I copied over 200 GB on a partition,the hdd has died .I"ve replaced with an seagate baracuda 2TB who has 7200 r/min,formated ok with my laptop.After put it in the bay and starting up the q10 pro ,the logo boot and the lights are blinking and cant see the drive.This occurs only when I Connect  the hdd.If I discconect it the device is booting normally.
I am using 2.0.9 custom firmware.I will try to reflash again with the official version and come back here with news!My best Regards!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:07:44 PM by Alcibiade FrS »

Alcibiade FrS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »
Well,Now the  things are getting weird! I have a Psu from an external Hdd with 1.5 Amps.When I have connected BINGO!It worked like a charm.Though,I still dont understand why is working with a lower amps psu ,and not with a superior power amps like the one that came with mediabox as I expected! :o :o :o
So,friend ,please try again with a lower amps psu,under 2.0 amps and tell us if you succeded! ;) ;) ;)

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »
The stock PSU that comes with the Box is still just 2A and it's far from "superior"...  According many had problems underpower with it when multiple HDDs were connected at once.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024