FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: move kodi settings / library to external sdcard possible?  (Read 12362 times)

tijaune

• View Profile
move kodi settings / library to external sdcard possible?
« on: January 02, 2016, 05:47:51 AM »
Hello,

Bought Q5 on December 26, flashed with firmware 3.0.2, I spent hours to configure kodi with library, skins, custom keymap. January 1, flashed to 3.0.3, kodi came back clean as first run!

(I should have export library before firmware update to avoid rescanning everything), but it is possible for future firmware to detect .kodi settings on external sdcard and soft link the internal path to that (this was done on other Android / Linux media player).

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
Re: move kodi settings / library to external sdcard possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Backup

tijaune

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »
Thanks looun for the tips (I did have to install an additional common script module to resolve "dependencies not met" and now I have a full kodi backup).

Original question is still open for Himedia developers. It would save unnecessary manipulation between Himedia firmware releases in between Kodi major releases.

sofand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »

If you put in the root of internal flash a text file called xbmc_env.properties and inside this file write the default location for your kodi settings that points to an external drive that you had copied the "kodi_data" folder, (mine has this line: xbmc.data=/mnt/sda/sda3/kodi_data), then you don't need backup, all your settings and addons are working ok

Binnugsay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »

If you put in the root of internal flash a text file called xbmc_env.properties and inside this file write the default location for your kodi settings that points to an external drive that you had copied the "kodi_data" folder, (mine has this line: xbmc.data=/mnt/sda/sda3/kodi_data), then you don't need backup, all your settings and addons are working ok

Hello Sofand,

Please can you tell us where we can find this file xbmc_env.properties exactly and the path way. We are limited in the internal sdcard and Kodi and the skin take lot of place when you have a lot datas.
Thanks a lot

Binnugsay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
Thanks looun for the tips (I did have to install an additional common script module to resolve "dependencies not met" and now I have a full kodi backup).

Original question is still open for Himedia developers. It would save unnecessary manipulation between Himedia firmware releases in between Kodi major releases.

Hello Loon,

Did we have a solution to move Kodi from internal place to the external Sdcard or internal Hard disk place to have more places dor data and so on. I saw that we can use that way in the root "xbmc_env.properties", but the problem is when you reboot the Himedia, we lost the way with the new way for Kodi plcae. So did we have someting where we can move all .Kodi outside. Thanks for help. ;)

sofand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 10:21:01 PM »

Hello Sofand,

Please can you tell us where we can find this file xbmc_env.properties exactly and the path way. We are limited in the internal sdcard and Kodi and the skin take lot of place when you have a lot datas.
Thanks a lot

the xbmc_env.properties file is a text file that you make with notepad, inside this file you write the desired location of the kodi_data folder (i have move this folder from the default location sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ to my hd drive attached to sata port mounted at /mnt/sda/sda3, so inside the xbmc_env.properties file i have put the line "xbmc.data=/mnt/sda/sda3/kodi_data" and is working perfectly, not only for kodi but for spmc and t vmc as well (my kodi_data folder is 3GB now and growing)

Binnugsay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »

Hello Sofand,

Thanks a lot

the xbmc_env.properties file is a text file that you make with notepad, inside this file you write the desired location of the kodi_data folder (i have move this folder from the default location sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ to my hd drive attached to sata port mounted at /mnt/sda/sda3, so inside the xbmc_env.properties file i have put the line "xbmc.data=/mnt/sda/sda3/kodi_data" and is working perfectly, not only for kodi but for spmc and t vmc as well (my kodi_data folder is 3GB now and growing)

Hello Sofand,

Thanks a lot for your return. For sure i put on my external sdcard and everything work until you reboot the Himedia and create a new .kodi with all foders inside and don't pointed to the new way as specified in " xbmc_env.properties". So did i miss something!!!! Why.
Just precisions when i made the moving from all folders in .kodi in the internal memory, i let the folder .kodi empty, nothing inside and thinking that the new way directly gone in my external sdcard directly connected in the Himedia Q10. So perhaps i miss some sets. Thanks for your helps.

giorgiogira

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »
the path is /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties ?  thanks

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024