FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: upgrade q10 to android 5.0 or higher  (Read 7280 times)

marcelg

• View Profile
upgrade q10 to android 5.0 or higher
« on: October 29, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
Hi, i have readed that from android 5.0 and upwards it has auto-frame rate change, will be possible to put the new android in my q10?.
The problem is the 24p without the wrapper in kodi.
Thanks
Marcel Garcia
HiMedia Q10 4K3D

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
Re: upgrade q10 to android 5.0 or higher
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »
auto -switch fps + 23,976 in kodi is supported API andorid  5 only in nvidia shield with mediacodec, other device like nexus player 23,976 not work.
Better solution wrapper with himediaplayervideo support 23,976.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »
My opinion is that it is unlikely Q5/10 will be updated to Android 5. Although, saying that, Himedia won't give us a definite yes/no to the question so it is possible.

I would personally prefer Himedia continue to develop the 4.4 firmware and add the few things missing (auto frame switching would be my number one request).

codrynn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »
I am agree with you futeko thanks for answer

marcelg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:03:15 AM »
My opinion is that it is unlikely Q5/10 will be updated to Android 5. Although, saying that, Himedia won't give us a definite yes/no to the question so it is possible.

I would personally prefer Himedia continue to develop the 4.4 firmware and add the few things missing (auto frame switching would be my number one request).
True, of course that is better than other thing(new android installation) , i can't use wrapper because after few tries, it hangs, and a new installation of firm, means a new long setup of everything, i know of to save and restore setup of kodi.
Thanks Futeko, i hope that Himedia find the way to fix the 24p big problem, i know that in other boards, people don't buy himedia q5 or 10 for that reason (stutter in kodi without wrapper), they say that is one of the best android mediaplayer, but without auto frame switching fixed in firmware, not all the people loves the media center included, people loves Kodi and what it gives on the daily use.
Thanks also to loon, i didn't  know what he say.
Marcel Garcia
HiMedia Q10 4K3D

jetika

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 06:34:12 AM »
I will never understand! The whole MINIX family has an update from android 4.4 to 5.1. Why this is not possible with HIMEDia. Very poor advertising. Thousands of himedia q5 and q10 are useless.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024