United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Comparison Dune 4K Pro and other RTD1295 players  (Read 8539 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Comparison Dune 4K Pro and other RTD1295 players
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:05:50 AM »
FeatureDune HD Pro 4K   Typical other players
Newest RTD1295 chip revision BRev.BRev.A
Android 7.17.16.0
Widevine Level 1Yes-
Netflix 4KYes-
Advanced HDR processing engineYes-
Conversion of SDR to HDRYes-
Advanced automatic framerate and automatic resolution switchingYes-
Professional-grade controls for video output parametersYes-
2x2 (2T2R) Wi-Fi2T2R1T1R
Bluetooth 4.24.24.1
Dune HD Software (developed during more than 10 years)Yes-
Dune HD Ecosystem (plugins, extensions, skins, 3-party apps)Yes-
My Collection and Movies EncyclopediaYes-
Dune HD Android Playback Accelerator TechnologyYes-
Optimized App Store for Android ApplicationsYes-
Proven History of Software Updates during Very Long Period (8+ years)Yes-

raviprasanth

• View Profile
Re: Comparison Dune 4K Pro and other RTD1295 players
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:35:46 AM »
Can you please compare between Dune HD 4kPro with Zidoo X20... much appreciated..

afss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:30:02 PM »
Please, could you help to confirm if USB Optical drive (DVD/BD-ROM) is supported ?

Thank you !

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »
Can you please compare between Dune HD 4kPro with Zidoo X20... much appreciated..
It will be interesting doing so after the coming uplift to Android 7.1 of Zidoo X20 (and their related RTD1296 based players).
RTD1296 should have similar HW revisions to RTD1295 rev-B next to structural I/O improvements, Wi-FI is even better MIMO only BT is at the 4.1 level. So overall HW is clearly superior for Z9S, Z10 and X20.

It will be very interesting to see the full comparison as Z9S is a straight superior HW alternative for the Dune HD 4K Pro physically looking very similar.

Firmware by Dune is absolutely different and very nice regarding functionality, but i am not impressed yet by the speed of their SW development for it.
Regarding HW-build the Dune is an equivalent of Z9S but price-wise is an exact equivalent of Z10! Zidoo X20 plays HW wise in a different league.

It is taking Zidoo a long time to get a stable formware for Z9S.  Apparently more complex that anticipated or they made other structural internal FW changes to it?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:08:10 AM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Please, could you help to confirm if USB Optical drive (DVD/BD-ROM) is supported ?

Thank you !
I can confirm it works now via SATA (USB still has a problem pending a fix) using Zidoo X9S/Z9S with the most recent FW that is.
Copied over my own review  from Zidoo forum:

Also tested one of the big new features being optical drive attachment: CD-ROM playback!
For the test I ripped my LG Blu-Ray Burner from my PC temporarily, which next was connected using an External SATA cable to my X9S.

Findings:
- Was immediately found at boot as a new CD-ROM device. Media Center has a special menu for that when selected.
- The status of the drive is also correctly shown: Nodisk, open, mounting, CD/DVD/BD with the Volume label of the inserted.
- Using the menu button there is an Eject option which correctly opens/closes the drive when selected. One needs to go back to the root of the disc first before eject shows up.
- First popped in a few of my "DTS Blu-RAY Music Demo Discs". These where recognized and also the BD-menu worked, but playback showed lots of freezes. Probably due to buffering problems. I know these discs ask a lot of the player as these run at very high bit-rates at 60 Hz Video frame-rate with 96 KHz Master HD for the Audio. Maybe this can be improved? I am available for further tests.
- Next tried a few normal Video BD's which did not give these problems. Once running there is no difference between optical, HDD or network based playback except for loading times of BD-Menus which can take a lot of time.
- It played also Audio-DVD next to standard Video-DVD. Obviously Audio CD's are not recognized (would require digital extraction).
- Data files on either CD, DVD or BD are found and all media formats supported by the player will also play from optical discs.

Overall verdict "very nice" as CD-ROM really seems to work as a first impression and with a good user interface too.  :)
No won't go for it myself as I don't burn anything anymore.  Maybe the day that commercial optical discs with protection can be played too (with CFW =custom firmware)?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:13:34 AM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024