FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: New Owner + Controller ???  (Read 5960 times)

Matey

• View Profile
New Owner + Controller ???
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »
Hi All
I Have Just Become a New Q10 Pro Owner 
The First Thing I Did Was Update To The Latest Firmware and Add a 2Tb Hard Drive
Up till Now I'm Very Pleased With The Box  ;D
I Have Read That You should Be Able To Pair a PS3 Controller ???
I Have Tried BUT No Good  :(    Any One Been Able To Do This ... Or Do I Buy A New Controller ???
Take Care From
Matey

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner + Controller ???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »
I don't think you'll be able to get a PS3 controller to work with Q10 Pro. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong, where did you read that you could?

There are a couple of compatible controllers listed here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=904.0

Namely, Xiaomi Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad Joypad Game Controller and Logitech F710.

Matey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 08:26:35 PM »
Hi again
I have read on other Android forums that you can use the PS3 controller by using a program called sixaxis control ... Or something like that ... There is a free sixaxis  test  pro a on the App Store. ...  My PS3 controller did not show up ... So may be incompatible. ???
One of your surgested game pads is wireless  ????  As I have the Q10 connected via network cable ... I have switched of the wireless  ... So I think I have to use a Bluetooth gaming pad ???
BTW
         I have just updated to the new ... New software ... Seems to be running great ...
Take care from
Matey

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »
The wireless gamepad works using a RF USB dongle to connect to the gamepad. It doesn't need wi-fi to be turned on.

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »
I tried pairing a PS4 controller without success, by using the aformentioned sixaxis app.
Now i own a Xiaomi bluetooth gamepad. The design and feel of it is good (x360 clone), but the analog sticks are way too sensitive for my taste and sometimes i lose connection for a few seconds... so i'd recommend getting a Logitech F710. It's what i'm eventually gonna get as well.

Timmyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »
OP - bit of info here on the PS3 controller:

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=872.msg7015#msg7015

Matey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 02:23:03 AM »
Thanks guys
I've just spotted on the web a " gamesir " game controller ... The speel about it says it will work on android IOS and Windows ... Looks like it might work  ... What do you think guy ???

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
Thanks guys
I've just spotted on the web a " gamesir " game controller ... The speel about it says it will work on android IOS and Windows ... Looks like it might work  ... What do you think guy ???

Without having tested it, I think the chances are high that it would work. Q10 Pro runs fairly standard Android 5.1, so most peripherals designed for Android will work.

Matey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »
Hi Again ...
Yes I think the "GameSir" game controller is the way to go ... Its not to expensive ... also it looks like it will work with PC PS3 and Android  :)
As soon as someone confirms it works on Q10 Pro ... I shall buy one ...
Take care
Matey   

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024