FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] Auto framerate switching - KODI  (Read 177749 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: [PATCH] Auto framerate switching - KODI ADDON
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »
I think it is safe to say that you should run it after installing the latest firmware.

Yes I've already updated the firmware to the latest greatest yesterday.
My question was if I should run the windows batch file before or after the Kodi addon installation. Applying this patch requires two steps if I understand correctly, which is Kodi addon installation + running the batch file. Which step comes first?

They are two completely separate things.

The Himediaplayer patch (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1043.0) adds more auto-switching for himediaplayer and Kodi + wrapper (which is himediaplayer). It should be noted that by simply enabling Settings - Playback - 24Hz - On auto-switching works for most framerates without installing any add-on.

The Kodi addon (this thread) adds auto-switching to Kodi's internal player (DVDplayer / Videoplayer). Without this add-on Kodi's internal player has no auto-switching at all.

I guess you misunderstood his question.  He asks if he must run the separate patch for Android 7 and than do the full install of the "other" patch described in the first post or is running the separate Android 7 patch enough... Your description in the first post is not clear at all regarding how to install step-by-step the patch correctly for Android 7.

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »
Basically the whole process and various file/thread links is confusing as hell. Can someone please come up with a step by step guide on how to apply this auto framerate switching for kodi in Android 7?

eccles

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
@Bedi, this and the other thread are to add auto framerate switching for various media formats which the native firmware is missing. In particular, Kodi lacks this.
The Q5/Q10 can play media in two ways. The default is through the thing called a wrapper, which is simply a way of bypassing Kodi when playing media and using the native chipbased hardware. When the media stops it reverts back to Kodi. The other way is to use the Kodi software player. This was a bit flaky in previous boxes but the Q5/A10 pro models are fast enough to accommodate the software overhead so it's a workable player for 2D stuff, although doesn't work with 3D isos. The Q5/Q10 media player when accessed through the wrapper, which is the normal default when shipped, handles nearly all framerates for releases from 1.07 and later, so it's up to you to decide whether the other thread is that important now the firmware has almost caught up with it.
If you still want to use it follow the instructions on page 1 of the relevant thread. It is run from your PC which has to be connected to the Q5/Q10 via LAN.

If you want to run media without the wrapper, for instance when clicking the menu button when selecting a media file and select 'Play using'/Dvd Player' you will play using the software based player within Kodi.  The Kodi player lacks the auto-switching that the Q5/Q10 does when played through the wrapper. Many prefer the Kodi player as it has more options for various settings. For those people this patch is very useful.
For anyone who has applied any Kodi addon, and sooner or later you're going to want to apply an addon or two even if it's only the Backup utility, this is very easy to do. To change Kodi, requires a Kodi addon which has to be loaded from within Kodi.
You do this for any addon: Select menu 'System, option Settings' then select 'Addons'
You then have to find the addon. If it's in a zip file somewhere, select 'Install from zip' then from the location options, find the zip file that you downloaded and click on it to install it. If it's already been loaded from a zip then it'll be in a repository so that would be the option to select.
The instructions on page 1 of this thread to install the patch are quite easy to follow.
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:54:21 AM by eccles »

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2017, 08:11:34 AM »
The instructions on page 1 of this thread to install the patch are quite easy to follow.

No it's not. At least not for Android 7. I have described above the reason why. It's either jumbles the two separate process for Anrdoid 5.1 and 7 or just simply not specific enough regarding, if we need to do the whole process described also for Android 7 too and in what sequence, before or after applying the separate Android 7 patch, or anyway...
The Android 7 patch .zip file also contains many other installation files, so it makes it even more confusing, whether they're needed to install manually  (after running the .bat file from PC and giving the BOX's ip address) and which way under KODI, or not.

Futeko's didn't bother so far to answer and clarify, so any correction from others would be nice.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:13:41 AM by Mount81 »

eccles

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »
There appears to be three separate threads.
1. BAT file run from PC to update the internal media player - use for either Android 5.1 or 7
2. Kodi addon run from Kodi to update the Kodi 16 software player - use for Android 5.1
3. BAT patch file to give a workaround for option 2 to get it to work on Android 7/Kodi 17

Unless you really need to dot the I's and cross the T's you can for the most part do without option 1 as it only adds a couple of additional frame rates beyond those already available from version 1.07 and later. It modifies only the native hardware player which is accessed through the wrapper. It is simply run from a PC via a *.BAT file and if you haven't heard of those you'll need to learn a few PC basics.

The Kodi version (this one) enables auto framerates for the Kodi software player only.
For the Kodi version 16, Android 5.1 the instructions are repeated here:

Installation Instructions

Step 0:
- Backup kodi (db, fan art, ecc) ,if necessary

Step 1:
- download Looun Add-on repository from GitHub and copy to Q5/Q10 Pro: https://github.com/looun/Kodi-Repository/blob/master/repository.looun.ropo/repository.looun.ropo-1.0.0.zip?raw=true0

This bit may be less than clear. I simply clicked on the link in post 1 of this thread and downloaded it to my PC. I keep all android stuff in a separate folder on my PC. The folder has full local sharing so that I can access it via LAN from the media box.

In KODI, i.e. :
- System
- addon...
- Install from zip file
- select the repository.looun.ropo-1.0.0.zip file

Selecting 'Install from zip' will give you a list of possible locations. The zip file will be where you copied it to. If you loaded it to your PC you will need to have it connected via LAN to your box. If this is setup properly then the LAN workgroup will be visible and you should be able to click on it from Kodi and find the download.

Step 2:
In KODI:
- Program
- addon...
- Install Hi-Frequency Switcher

Step 3:
- go to HI Frequency Switcher addon
- select "Service"
- ENABLE Playbacks Stars
- ENABLE Default 60 hz or 50 hz
- now "Save configuration"
- than exit and restart kodi

Step 4:
- use button "Copy default Map Keys" to enable suggested buttons map for better kodi experince
- use "players" button to enable playerback with kodi(dvdplayer) internal player for 2D video.

I didn't do the last step, or rather I did but didn't like the fact that it removed the wrapper from the run options so reversed it by running the wrapper app from Android.

This is as clear as I can make it.  Beyond that I can only suggest that you learn how to load and run addons for Kodi. It's really worth it.
There are plenty of Youtube vids for unofficial addons, which I wouldn't necessarily condone loading but the principle is the same.

I should add that the extra step for option 3 run as a PC BAT file for the Kodi version is for Android 7/Kodi 17 only.  I have no idea how it works as I am using Android 5.1 and Kodi 16, for which the auto switching works well.

Incidentally, this is a project designed by users Pcristi and Looun and although posted on Futeko's forum it is not theirs. It is an excellent piece of work but one shouldn't expect Futeko to support it other than provide it "as-is".

Regards..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:50:46 PM by eccles »

eccles

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
I should also add, that if this is still all too much, it might be worth considering dropping back to Android 5.1/Kodi 16. Himedia are continuing to support that release and I prefer it anyway.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
Well, thanks for the exhilarating description (may come in handy to others) :), but I guess you still misunderstood our words:

3. BAT patch file to give a workaround for option 2 to get it to work on Android 7/Kodi 17

-Still not clear, what "workaround" would mean as it's a very brief and uncertain explanation.

I should add that the extra step for option 3 run as a PC BAT file for the Kodi version is for Android 7/Kodi 17 only.  I have no idea how it works as I am using Android 5.1 and Kodi 16, for which the auto switching works well.

-That would be the whole point that me and the other member was complained about. Me -and I guess the other member also- knows how could we install it on Android 5 as it is more clearly and distinctively described also in the first explanation post by Futeko. The problem for us is still with the Andoid 7 "workaround" patch lacky description.

Edit.: Ok, so after I have checked again, I guess the "workaround" patch is juts to make the base Android 5.1 patch installation work on Android 7. So -i guess- yess, we need to install and go through the whole procedure described in the first post. But still not sure if we need to apply the "workaround" after or before. (My bet would be on "after".) Futeko just needs to add an extra line to the description (in a couple of words) to clarify this confusion.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:33:45 PM by Mount81 »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2017, 11:06:14 AM »
I have updated and attempted to simplify the instructions in opening post.!

Ed5411

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 04:36:07 PM »
Hi Eriol, I understand what you tell me, and i will try this, although I am not very technical with installing.
I will ask my supplier if he can help me. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for now.  Ed

Eriol

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »
Hi Eriol, I understand what you tell me, and i will try this, although I am not very technical with installing.
I will ask my supplier if he can help me. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for now.  Ed

What did I told you and where? :)

netguru

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »
Is it possible to get HD Audio in a new Firmware?

Maradona10

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
1. Why doesn't http links work? I'm using 16.1 Jarvis.
2. Also all video addons don't work with the wrapper (like Ex...., Sp..., Ret...)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:27:58 PM by Maradona10 »

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »
1. Why doesn't http links work? I'm using 16.1 Jarvis.
2. Also all video addons don't work with the wrapper (like Ex...., Sp..., Ret...)

1) do you have following all step?

Step 5:

- use "players" button to enable playerback with kodi(dvdplayer) internal player for 2D video.

2) video addons "like Ex...., Sp..., Ret..." are not support by kodi - fan !

Maradona10

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »
Yes but I would like to use the Himedia player for streams. So basically  all video sources.
I don't want to use it's internal player.

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »
wrapper not support "http" protocol only local file .

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024