United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] Auto framerate switching - KODI  (Read 177761 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [PATCH] Auto framerate switching - KODI ADDON
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 11:32:39 AM »
When do you advise installing this patch? Im om latest custom firmware with my q10 pro and installed kodi 17, rc 2. With some streams i have stutter

You can install it at any time. It will fix stutter if it's related to mismatched framrates.

Killastyle

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »
When do you advise installing this patch? Im om latest custom firmware with my q10 pro and installed kodi 17, rc 2. With some streams i have stutter

You can install it at any time. It will fix stutter if it's related to mismatched framrates.

Thanks for your answer. As soon as I try to install the work around for android 7, I enter the ip address and select install. After that there appears some text but the Cmd window dissappears immediately. I can't read the text. How can I know if the patch is correctly installed?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »
Thanks for your answer. As soon as I try to install the work around for android 7, I enter the ip address and select install. After that there appears some text but the Cmd window dissappears immediately. I can't read the text. How can I know if the patch is correctly installed?

To check the addon is installed go Settings - Add-ons - My Add-ons - Program add-ons, and look for 'Hi Frequency Switcher'.

You can change addon settings by going Programs - Program add-ons - Hi Frequency Switcher.

To check add-on is working play a 23.976fps video in Kodi using internal player (navigate to file - press remote menu button - select 'play using' - 'dvdplayer'). If your TV switches to 24p mode then it's worked correctly.

Killastyle

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 04:43:35 PM »
Installed it. Thanks :) I still have to use wrapper in the wrapper settings?

When I had Wrapper on without this patch I would have stutters +-20 minutes later when I was watching a movie/serie
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:14:04 PM by Killastyle »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Installed it. Thanks :) I still have to use wrapper in the wrapper settings?

When I had Wrapper on without this patch I would have stutters +-20 minutes later when I was watching a movie/serie

The Kodi add-on is for Kodi internal player ('dvdplayer' in Kodi 16.1). If you only us Kodi internal player you don't need to touch wrapper settings or have wrapper installed.

With wrapper installing ('wrapper') the settings for wrapper are the main Android settings. So Settings - Playback. The main one is Settings - Playback - 24P. This needs to be turned on for auto-switch to work with wrapper.

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
What's the difference between applying this Auto Framerate Switching patch versus applying these two options in Kodi?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
What's the difference between applying this Auto Framerate Switching patch versus applying these two options in Kodi?

The patch works and those options do not.

The Kodi auto-framerate switching options work on almost no Android Kodi hardware.

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 09:36:27 AM »

The patch works and those options do not.

The Kodi auto-framerate switching options work on almost no Android Kodi hardware.

Okay thanks for the clarification. That proves Kodi's dwindling commitment towards Android users. But even in Kodi Krypton they didn't fix it for Android?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
I think Kodi would say that it's impossible to support the vast array of Android hardware, but no they didn't fix it.

Kodi 17 broke more than it fixed.

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2017, 01:13:22 PM »
Do I run the windows batch file before or after installing the Kodi addon?
I'm running Q10, Android 7 updated to the latest firmware which was released yesterday.

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
I think it is safe to say that you should run it after installing the latest firmware.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »
I think it is safe to say that you should run it after installing the latest firmware.

Yes I've already updated the firmware to the latest greatest yesterday.
My question was if I should run the windows batch file before or after the Kodi addon installation. Applying this patch requires two steps if I understand correctly, which is Kodi addon installation + running the batch file. Which step comes first?

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »

My question was if I should run the windows batch file before or after the Kodi addon installation. Applying this patch requires two steps if I understand correctly, which is Kodi addon installation + running the batch file. Which step comes first?

Okay I have thoroughly confused myself on this and kicked the goat in frustration (I'm in Malaysia).
I really need some guidance installing this patch because the stuttering on Kodi is quite bad.
Because I am asking for help, I recognize that it's only proper to be as clear as possible on my exact situation. So here goes.

1. Firstly, I have Q10 running Android 7, already updated to the latest firmware which was just released yesterday

2. Do I just need to download this file: "Workaround_Kodi_add-on_autoFMTswitch_1.0.0(experimental_only_Android_7.0)"? Are there any other files I need to download?

3. After extracting this .zip file, I found a folder called "addons" which I know I need to manually install to Kodi from a USB. Do I need to re-zip this folder in order to "install from .zip file"? I am only familiar with installing repositories/addons from .zip files after adding the source in Kodi, where all repositories are zipped............. and where I can add the relevant addons from those repositories. Also inside this folder "addons", there are three subfolders which further adds to my confusion.  The bottom line is I need help installing this addon correctly.

4. The batch file "RUN ME" I know how to handle.........after installing the addon correctly, run the batch file pointing it to the unit IP address as instructed, correct?

5. And finally there are some configuration steps of which I saw a link in earlier posts, which I will study and perform.

6. I was kidding about the goat, but really I would kinda like a goat just about now. An attractive one would be a bonus. There's been a tremendous amount of pent up frustration since I upgraded to Android 7 on my Q10.

Bedi

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2017, 07:02:06 AM »

Okay I have thoroughly confused myself on this and kicked the goat in frustration (I'm in Malaysia).
I really need some guidance installing this patch because the stuttering on Kodi is quite bad.
Because I am asking for help, I recognize that it's only proper to be as clear as possible on my exact situation. So here goes.

1. Firstly, I have Q10 running Android 7, already updated to the latest firmware which was just released yesterday

2. Do I just need to download this file: "Workaround_Kodi_add-on_autoFMTswitch_1.0.0(experimental_only_Android_7.0)"? Are there any other files I need to download?

3. After extracting this .zip file, I found a folder called "addons" which I know I need to manually install to Kodi from a USB. Do I need to re-zip this folder in order to "install from .zip file"? I am only familiar with installing repositories/addons from .zip files after adding the source in Kodi, where all repositories are zipped............. and where I can add the relevant addons from those repositories. Also inside this folder "addons", there are three subfolders which further adds to my confusion.  The bottom line is I need help installing this addon correctly.

4. The batch file "RUN ME" I know how to handle.........after installing the addon correctly, run the batch file pointing it to the unit IP address as instructed, correct?

5. And finally there are some configuration steps of which I saw a link in earlier posts, which I will study and perform.

6. I was kidding about the goat, but really I would kinda like a goat just about now. An attractive one would be a bonus. There's been a tremendous amount of pent up frustration since I upgraded to Android 7 on my Q10.

Anyone? Pretty please with hummus and strawberries on top?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »

They are two completely separate things.

The Himediaplayer patch (http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1043.0) adds more auto-switching for himediaplayer and Kodi + wrapper (which is himediaplayer). It should be noted that by simply enabling Settings - Playback - 24Hz - On auto-switching works for most framerates without installing any add-on.

The Kodi addon (this thread) adds auto-switching to Kodi's internal player (DVDplayer / Videoplayer). Without this add-on Kodi's internal player has no auto-switching at all.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024