United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: 4 tb HDD support no more available in my Hi Media q10 pro  (Read 5481 times)

tanuj7k

• View Profile
4 tb HDD support no more available in my Hi Media q10 pro
« on: November 13, 2019, 07:25:25 AM »
Hi,

My Hi Media Q10 Pro was running perfectly with all size hard disk drives (both internal and external hdds) until one day a strange issue was found and now my box does not recognize any 4 tb internal hard disk drive. Also tried connecting the same 4 tb hard disk as external (using usb 3.0 casing) but player did not recognize it as well. Further the player is no more allowing connection with pc via the usb host cable. Upon connecting, the computer says usb drive not recognized. This happens irrespective of the size of the internal hard disk i.e. even a 2 tb internal hard disk inside the media player is not recognized in pc via the usb host.

just want to add that the hdd was formatted using gpt as well as mbr and is working fine in my pc. 

However, interestingly my seagate backup 4 tb portable hard disk is being successfully recognized as usb hard disk in all the three usb slots of the player and is playing well. All the playback functions of the player are working fine i.e. 4k media playback, android apps, play store etc.

I have done a factory reset of the box and started fresh however no luck. Kindly let me know if anyone else faced this strange issue and can suggest a solution.

Thanks,
Tanuj
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:30:38 AM by tanuj7k »

stl

• View Profile
Re: 4 tb HDD support no more available in my Hi Media q10 pro
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
Reinstall the firmware with the reset button method. If the issue persists try another power supply.

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
Need a 3A power supply or up

tanuj7k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 07:33:09 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, however i am using the stock power supply that came with the box, if it was anything to do with power supply, why not other functions faced an issue. Anyways, i will upgrade the power supply and will try. Will post if it works or if not.

kodiloaded

• It's not good to step in dogshit !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
The power supply is a well known issue to many of us, 2 Amps is just not enough to power the box & Hard drive at times, I have not had a single issue since I upgraded to a 4 Amp.

See thread

https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3280.0

laager

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
I had many an issue with drive corruption running the standard PSU (14TB internal drive). Replaced standard PSU with 5A inline brick unit and problems have vanished.

Unfortunately, spending money is the only solution until Himedia start shipping the unit with a better PSU or Futeko starts replacing the standard Himedia supplied unit with a higher capacity one.

tanuj7k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 04:52:51 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried using a 12V 3A, then a 12V 5A power supply and connected a 4 tb external hard drive (the one with a power adapter itself) but still the drive is not recognized by my player.

Further I took out the above 4 TB SATA 3.5 inch hdd from its cabinet and placed inside the player, still it was not recognized. Surprisingly my 4 TB portable Seagate Expansion hard drive easily gets recognized on all the USB ports of the player. Also any 2 TB 3.5 inch hdd is also recognized in the player.

This is really a strange observation in my case. My understanding is some hardware failure has happened since the player does not get connected to pc via the usb host port as well. Will keep looking for more solutions.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024