FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: all audio from apps in PCM Stereo instead of DD 5.1 etc..  (Read 1843 times)

raptor1015

• View Profile
all audio from apps in PCM Stereo instead of DD 5.1 etc..
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:56:54 PM »
I have the Q10 pro with the 2.1 update..this was an issue to me before the update as well.
the update made google play finally work thx for that..I have Sony Crackle, Amazon Prime, Netflix,  these apps broadcast audio in 5.1 Dolby Digital through Xfinity Comcast and my Samsung smart tv but when I run the same apps through the Q10 menu the sound is PCM Stereo (any movie or show).  I select RAW or PCM in settings makes no difference.. either through the HDMI or the Optical cable to the AV amp
I looked through all the q 10's settings I didn't see anything, I also looked into each apps settings as well , nothing there either..

the Q 10 plays all the DD sound on files Like .TS, AVI, MKV etc....5.1 or 7.1 no probs..

I don't use the kodi app to compare with..

any Ideas ?   maybe I'm missing something simple....thx for any suggestions, I will post any outcome....cheers!

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
Re: all audio from apps in PCM Stereo instead of DD 5.1 etc..
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »
@raptor1015; The Q10 Pro has no licenses for the Apps you mention and therefore 5.1 audio does not work.
There are few boxes that have licenses for this, one that does have is the Nvidia Shield TV.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

raptor1015

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »
thank you for the reply,,,that explains that !
I didn't know Himedia would have to pay licensing to the apps aforementioned to broadcast Dolby Digital....

actually I thought the Dolby Digital (AC3) US Patent Has Expired on February 1, 2017 That was supposed to be good news for TV boxes too, as going forward, there’s no need to have Dolby Digital license to play AC3 content. Hopefully, apps and firmware images will be updated to reflect this change. You’ll still need a license for newer formats like Dolby True HD and Dolby Atmos however.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:09:57 PM by raptor1015 »

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 05:08:01 PM »
@raptor1015; The license is not for DD but for the apps, they only play good on licenses players, like the Nvidia Shield TV.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024