United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware  (Read 1217562 times)

gridlock

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware
« Reply #870 on: November 04, 2017, 12:14:48 AM »
hi..... after 2.0.6 update (ogyoutube app stops playing at 1440p and 2106p playback)... never encountered such a probably-buffering-related issue before.
the video playback using the default media center is awesome , but with some lag in playback settings menu (browsing through the imprex settings is not that smooth)...
both mentioned issues are existing in the official , custom and atv firmwares.
thanks a lot

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 04, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »
For Youtube....First post

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=29&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&st=6620&tl=en&u=https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D772588%26st%3D14760&usg=ALkJrhjhd-ZwrnWGcXHfAuP26WpVoqMX-Q

gridlock

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 04, 2017, 07:26:39 AM »
For Youtube....First post

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=29&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&st=6620&tl=en&u=https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D772588%26st%3D14760&usg=ALkJrhjhd-ZwrnWGcXHfAuP26WpVoqMX-Q

thanks man , i tried the mod on egreat A5 (android 5.1.1 of course)  and it gave me both 4k options (1440p and 2106p) after digging for the iYTBP settings and refreshing the app (from it's settings , not exiting it)....
hopefully it will give  the same results on the 2.0.6 nougat official firmware of himedia Q10 pro.. truly appreciate it bro.
my only remaining issue is the bug mentioned in the first post. and if it will be sorted out , i would consider the himedia Q10 pro simply the best android tv box , since i've noticed a drastically improved video playback quality of 1080p mkv files on the latest nougat version of the official firmware... 
blessings.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:48:55 AM by gridlock »

eugeniovideo

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 04, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
Hi
What version of Netflix is recommended for last firmware ?
Thanks

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #874 on: November 04, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »
Hi
Thanks

No Netflix on HiMedia, only 480p.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
Hi
Thanks

5.8.1 or later. It's not in Play Store so use a download from apkmirror.

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1925.msg20503#msg20503

eugeniovideo

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 06, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:18 AM »
I have made a subtitle test pack to test both embedded and external .srt, .sup, .ass and .ssa subtitles, if thexy are working correctly or not with latest 2.0.6 fw. Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/allsubtitlestestcorrect

What can be tested:

1. Are lines displayed with correct timing, and is the "freeze till next line" bug fixed in the case of embedded subs?

2. Are the .sup, .ass, .ssa subtitles recognized, loaded and displayed with the correct formatting? This is how they should look like: https://imgur.com/1eFn0H0

3. Are the italic subtitles displayed correctly or is the bug, when they're showed between the <i></i> characters still present?

All questions are relevant for both the embedded and the external subtitles.

There are 4 embedded and 4 external subtitles for the test video included. The video is prolonged so you have time to load up the next test subtitle and rewind the video after you have tested the current subtitle. It won take much more than 8-10 minutes to test all of them in order.

It would be great if someone could test this, and report back the results, thank you!

pranjandas

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 18, 2017, 07:30:07 AM »
Amazon Prime Video app has never worked in any of the versions including the Custom FWs.

Such a shitty Android TV box Himedia is, pathetic. Time to switch to some other box!

zipho

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 19, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
I have made a subtitle test pack to test both embedded and external .srt, .sup, .ass and .ssa subtitles, if thexy are working correctly or not with latest 2.0.6 fw. Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/allsubtitlestestcorrect

What can be tested:

1. Are lines displayed with correct timing, and is the "freeze till next line" bug fixed in the case of embedded subs?

2. Are the .sup, .ass, .ssa subtitles recognized, loaded and displayed with the correct formatting? This is how they should look like: https://imgur.com/1eFn0H0

3. Are the italic subtitles displayed correctly or is the bug, when they're showed between the <i></i> characters still present?

There are 4 embedded and 4 external subtitles for the test video included. The video is prolonged so you have time to load up the next test subtitle and rewind the video after you have tested the current subtitle. It won take much more than 8-10 minutes to test all of them in order.

It would be great if someone could test this, and report back the results, thank you!

This is the result of a subtitle test for ASS, SSA, SRT and SUP subtitle

PLAY WITH WRAPPER
SUP subtitle

SRT subtitle

SSA subtitle

ASS subtitle

From the test result only SUP subtile that appears correctly on the wrapper

PLAY WITH KODI PLAYER
SRT subtitle

ASS subtitle

on kodi player all subtitle appear correctly

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:20:49 AM by zipho »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 19, 2017, 11:09:14 AM »

What can be tested:

Using firmware 1.1 (android 5.1)
I have verified that I can not properly play Italic style subtitles

Playback via PC with Media Player Classic Home cinema That is the same thing by playing it with KODI 17.6

Playback via HiMedia Q10Pro with HimediaVideoplayer
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:21:29 AM by DMD »
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 19, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »
zipho:

Thanks for testing it! Was it with fw 2.0.6? Cause it's strange that even if HiMedia states they added support for ASS subs in the new firmware, they only show with the HiPlayer character style, loosing the whole sense to use them at all... ?! The 2.0.6 changelog is deceptive and misleading in this case.

I guess i will update to 2.0.6 and test the rest myself (and see if it can cope with external .sup subs).

zipho

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 19, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
zipho:

Thanks for testing it! Was it with fw 2.0.6? Cause it's strange that even if HiMedia states they added support for ASS subs in the new firmware, they only show with the HiPlayer character style, loosing the whole sense to use them at all... ?! The 2.0.6 changelog is deceptive and misleading in this case.

I guess i will update to 2.0.6 and test the rest myself (and see if it can cope with external .sup subs).

Yes it is FW 2.0.6, I do not understand why it does not match what is listed in the change log... this is just a matter of subtitle but they can not do it well even SRT subtitle can not display correctly... I did test for both embedded and external subtitle using wrapper and the result is same, only kodi player that show all subtitle correctly.

carl

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2017, 03:45:12 AM »
Hi
Thanks

5.8.1 or later. It's not in Play Store so use a download from apkmirror.

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1925.msg20503#msg20503

Hi futeko, sorry to bother, i have a few issues with latest firmware, any chance you pass them to Himedia support?

The first one, the "HDMI suspend" function seems not to work in the 2.0.6 version. I had it working in the 2.0.4 version.

Besides, i'm having a few issues with Q10 when using the HiMediaVideoPlayer Wrapper, since i bought the box. I think I already report them in the past but they are still there in the 2.0.6.

a) Downloading subtitles with the Wrapper doesn't consider kodi addons or subtitle configuration in Kodi, so is very difficult to find proper subtitles for movies, as it list a lot of languages i don't need (my main language is Spanish).

b) Subtitle time adjust delay function is too short, only allows "+/-" 10 seconds, it would be useful to allow more (like default Kodi player). Sometimes i have not very known movies that doesn't have a lot of subtitles, so i can't use the wrapper, i have to turn to the default player.

c) Wrapper fails to play movies when the file name of the movie has symbols like number sign (#) or ampersand (&). It shows the error "Video Problem". This is specially a problem with for example series.

Thanks in advance,

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »
zipho:

Yes it is FW 2.0.6, I do not understand why it does not match what is listed in the change log... this is just a matter of subtitle but they can not do it well even SRT subtitle can not display correctly... I did test for both embedded and external subtitle using wrapper and the result is same, only kodi player that show all subtitle correctly.

I have just caught on the picture that the italic lines in .srt are displayed without italic. At least they're not showing up with  <i></i> characters, but it's strange how they always keep on mess this up in the firmware updates and that what would cause this, if it was already working fine in previous firmwares... This would be an  ESS-EN-TI-AL function in the case of a dedicated Media Player...

carl:

Use some apps like Subtitle Edit for "Point Syncign" the subtitles for the videos.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024