FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Experiences Kodi 17 on Q5/Q10 Pro?  (Read 40964 times)

Pete_Repeat

• View Profile
Re: Experiences Kodi 17 on Q5/Q10 Pro?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2017, 12:43:36 AM »

You just need to downgrade the player to 1.0.9 apply some community made patches that are available in this forum and you are good to go, everything works. Android 7 doesn't give anything useful to the player anyways right now and Kodi 17 is just a mess as well. Android 5.1 and Kodi 16.1 is a safe and working solution.

Thing is I bought this box hoping I would get window mode on Android 7. Not that I have seen it in use, but I thought that was a native part of Android 7.

Kodi 16.1 is no longer on google play, as the release candidate of Kodi 17 has been released, so even if I turn the beta testing off then it will still be Kodi 17 now (unless I side load, but I was trying to get away from 16.1 as I like the default skin of 17 more).

I bought this box for the above reasons primarily. My minix u1 worked fine in 16.1 and android 5.1.1 so this is hardly a step up for me then.

But there seems to be some hope to get it working at least. The seller seems to be happy for a return if it doesn't work as hoped.... But I hope it all works.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:45:55 AM by Pete_Repeat »

zipho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 06:14:12 AM »
Hello .. I am new here and I need some help

After I upgraded my KODI to v17 from PlayStore, and after the migration process is complete, I could not find my external HDD in USB3,  but if I run MediaCenter, my existing HDD in USB3 can be detected and I can access for play the movie.

Please help..  what should I do so that my HDD can be detected in KODI v17.
I'm still with Android 5.1.1

Thanks in advance
Regards

Sorry for bad English

raviprasanth

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »

vertigo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2017, 07:14:09 AM »
but its not just high res audio passthrough that isnt working. Regular DD or DTS passtrough isnt working either (at least on HDMI).

Meng

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2017, 07:45:59 AM »

After I upgraded my KODI to v17 from PlayStore, and after the migration process is complete, I could not find my external HDD in USB3,  but if I run MediaCenter, my existing HDD in USB3 can be detected and I can access for play the movie.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Sorry for bad English

I had same issue like u,  but after i upgraded to android 7.0, problem HDD detect solved!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »

Thanks in advance
Regards

Sorry for bad English

You should be able to locate your drive at it's mountpint regardless of whether the Android/Kodi combination sees it correctly.

So select 'Root filesystem' in Kodi and then (from FAQ):

* Drive mount location? All apps except the HiMedia file browser and player use Android file structure. All directories and locations are subdirectories of root, which is symbolised as /. This is different for Android 5.1 and Android 7 firmwares. For Android 5.1: External drives are located at /mnt/sda/sda1 (Q10 Pro internal HDD only) and  /mnt/sdb/sdb1 then /mnt/sdb/sdb2 etc (all USB drives). For Android 7: External drives are located at /mnt/media_rw/sda1 (Q10 Pro internal HDD only) and  /mnt/media_rw/ (all USB drives)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
Below is from Kodi 17 post... I think Himedia has to implement Audiotrack v23 as mentioned below in Android. Then the Highres audio pass through should work..

HiMedia are back now from CNY holiday and are looking into this. They'll fix it.

zipho

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »

You should be able to locate your drive at it's mountpint regardless of whether the Android/Kodi combination sees it correctly.

* Drive mount location? All apps except the HiMedia file browser and player use Android file structure. All directories and locations are subdirectories of root, which is symbolised as /. This is different for Android 5.1 and Android 7 firmwares. For Android 5.1: External drives are located at /mnt/sda/sda1 (Q10 Pro internal HDD only) and  /mnt/sdb/sdb1 then /mnt/sdb/sdb2 etc (all USB drives). For Android 7: External drives are located at /mnt/media_rw/sda1 (Q10 Pro internal HDD only) and  /mnt/media_rw/ (all USB drives)

Thank you so much for the advise, now I can see my HDD in KODI v17

Another question..
If I play my movie with KODI Player (not Wrapper Player), the audio passtrough not working, the audio output still PCM 2 channel, I've set the audio for HDMI to RAW and HBR to RAW 7.1. with Wrapper Player audio passtrough working fine but for the subtitles in italic format does not work, in KODI player subtitles with italic format working fine,  the subtitle is SSA subtitle and embedded in the movie.
I will try to upgrade to android 7.0 I hope this problem can solved with android 7.0

Thanks in advance
Regards

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »
This topic have just few post, but nonce reading   :'(
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1585.msg13583#msg13583

Update to Android 7.0 will not solve your problems.
Android 5.1.1 and "shitty" test-build support VideoPlayer with DD/DTS passthrough.

Thank you so much for the advise, now I can see my HDD in KODI v17

Another question..
If I play my movie with KODI Player (not Wrapper Player), the audio passtrough not working, the audio output still PCM 2 channel, I've set the audio for HDMI to RAW and HBR to RAW 7.1. with Wrapper Player audio passtrough working fine but for the subtitles in italic format does not work, in KODI player subtitles with italic format working fine,  the subtitle is SSA subtitle and embedded in the movie.
I will try to upgrade to android 7.0 I hope this problem can solved with android 7.0

Thanks in advance
Regards

zipho

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2017, 02:16:46 PM »
This topic have just few post, but nonce reading   :'(
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1585.msg13583#msg13583

Android 5.1.1 and "shitty" test-build support VideoPlayer with DD/DTS passthrough.

Thank you for the info
I'm new with this box so I must learn and more read about this box

Regards

ultrasilent

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 02:55:14 AM »

but which build will solve problem with outputting hdr 23p? kodi 17 have normal aspect ratio with Lucy, but no bitstream and no hdr...
Nvidia shield with kodi 17 can output hdr 23p!

MrQute-n

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »
The wrapper is utter crap, sure it gives you multichannel audio, but the movies are riddled with artifacts and that kills the experience don't matter  if its 1080P or 4K, its the same with everything. and thats not just Q10 Pros dilemma, every moviebox that runs a wrapper for Android  have similar problems.
And theres no mouse support in the wrapper just the remote and thats not good either. My receiver does a pretty good job att decode 2.0 to multichannel so its way better then before. but it would be nice if the wrapper worked or even better that we got a dedicated player like Kodi hardcoded in the firmware.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 06:10:14 AM »
The wrapper is utter crap, sure it gives you multichannel audio, but the movies are riddled with artifacts and that kills the experience don't matter  if its 1080P or 4K, its the same with everything. and thats not just Q10 Pros dilemma, every moviebox that runs a wrapper for Android  have similar problems.
And theres no mouse support in the wrapper just the remote and thats not good either. My receiver does a pretty good job att decode 2.0 to multichannel so its way better then before. but it would be nice if the wrapper worked or even better that we got a dedicated player like Kodi hardcoded in the firmware.
There must be something wrong with your video settings?  All the wrapper does is shell from Kodi to the built-in MediaPlayer so it overcomes any shortcomings from Kodi (like audio passthrough and 3D). 
I can not see how you can blame the wrapper for creating artifacts.  This is usually either from the video source or the tv playback settings. 

I use my Q10Pro daily for video, including many remuxed Blu-ray movies with 7.1 audio and have not had any artifact issues (ever). 
Have you tested your files using MediaCenter?  Do you get the same artifact issues using Archos or MX Player?

Are you feeding it from a network NAS or something performing needless transcoding (like Plex)?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
The wrapper is utter crap

Wrapper playback is identical to Himediaplayer Android app. Quality is very good.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »
Kodi 17.4 is available to upgrade from the PlayStore.
It fixes a few Kodi bugs and seems quite stable (especially when used with wrapper for video playback).  Has not change the "joystick control" settings (like 17.1 did) so all is good for normal remote control use.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024