FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Supported Peripherals  (Read 187774 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Supported Peripherals
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
Hello
Bulid your own Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.kl
https://source.android.com/devices/input/key-layout-files.html

Code: [Select]
adb connect ip_player
adb pull /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl
adb shell cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Search for Minix Neo A2 lite device, similar to this
Bus=0003 Vendor=0c40 Product=7a18 Version=0101
Rename Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl to Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl
Modified like you need and push back to Android box

Code: [Select]
adb connect ip_player
adb remount
adb push Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl
adb shell chmod 0644 /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl

Attached you have original Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl from Minix FW and Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl form HiMedia Q10Pro FW.
Is possible to start from Generic.kl, for FULL Keyboard layout.
Good luck with modding keylayout on Android.

Hello!

Anyone have experience if the Minix Neo A2 lite Airmouse will work fully with the Q10 Pro? I have seen some review on YT that says that it has some button functions that wouldn't work properly on all Android devices, because it's originally designed for specific Minix Boxes.

And another question: is there any Android app to reprogram or get back button functions on Airmouses, or is this even possible?

Thanks for the replies! :)

Thanks for the description. But I'm a bit afraid according your closing sentence "Good luck with modding keylayout on Android. "-> Since it feels a bit "ironic", makmes me feel unsecure about the method you described. Is this a totally safe operation, or is there any chance that it could mess up something in the system of the device? ??? I wouldn't want to end up with my Q10 Pro becoming a "brick" just cause in the need of a decent working Airmouse.

Thank you for the help and the reply!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:03:41 PM by Mount81 »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 05:10:14 PM »
 "Good luck with modding keylayout on Android. " Is not "ironic" is just one expression.
You can't hard brick box changing Generic.kl, in the bad situation of changing Generic.kl can be USB keyboard/Airmouse not recognizing, is solve by push original Generic.kl.
Common problems of Android player and Airmouse are HOME and BACK button witch for HiMedia Q10/Q5Pro is solved by HiMedia.
The quote post is not for this common Airmouse , is for programming special key of Minix Neo A2 lite Airmouse have it.

If you need help, send details via private message.

Cristian

Thanks for the description. But I'm a bit afraid according your closing sentence "Good luck with modding keylayout on Android. "-> Since it feels a bit "ironic", makmes me feel unsecure about the method you described. Is this a totally safe operation, or is there any chance that it could mess up something in the system of the device? ??? I wouldn't want to end up with my Q10 Pro becoming a "brick" just cause in the need of a decent working Airmouse.

Thank you for the help and the reply!

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 06:46:07 AM »
Hi!

I have another question regarding a particular Air-Mouse compatibility: I have read in the first post compatibility list, that the Obsmart AM-1 is fully compatible with the Q10 Pro. And I have found this -very identical looking-  Rikomagic RKM MK705 Air-Mouse on the net, which may be just a "re-branded" version of the same Air-Mouse. Can someone confirm my intuition that these two Air-Mouses are otherwise identical?  ??? It would be important to know according the compatibility. The only difference I can spot on the pictures, is that the Obsmart AM-1 has a German keyboard layout, while the Rikomagic has English. Here are the links to the products:  Obsmart AM-1: http://www.orbsmart.de/produkte/orbsmart-am-1/ / Rikomagic RKM MK705.: http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_44_pid_17.html 

Whats your oppinion, as the Obsmart is compatible, would be ordering a Rikomagic safe too?

Thanks for the replies!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:48:14 AM by Mount81 »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
Whats your oppinion, as the Obsmart is compatible, would be ordering a Rikomagic safe too?

I think they are identical and both would work.

Orbsmart are just a brand (I think aimed at Germany), they don't manufacture anything.

Linuxx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
Hi Futeko, I would unlock root permissions. This action could void the warranty?
"Always account for variable change."

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
Hi Futeko, I would unlock root permissions. This action could void the warranty?

No, rooting won't void the warranty.

Linuxx

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
Good to know! Thanks for answer!  :)

Linuxx

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »
Perfect, root done! Very simple with this method: http://baiviet.top/root-q10-pro-using-supersu-himedia-q10-pro-full-rooted/

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
 I'm using the Rapoo E2700 Whireless Keyboard.
Its working out of the Box, very well with the Q10 Pro.
Also I'm using the Logitech Harmony Ultimate One, it works great with the Q10 Pro.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
I have bought a Minix Neo A2 Lite airmouse, but it's more circumstantial than I've expected.

All buttons works except: The "Recent apps" and the "Power" button won't work at all, So it's absulutely useless for power on and down the Q10 Pro.
The "Back" button works in the Android screen and in Kodi as well, but in Himedia Player (to exit the playback) it works only this trikcy way: I must press the "Activate Air mouse" button first, just after that will it react to the "Back" button. Needless to say how unconfy is this method, and I'm seriously confused what causes this anomaly, as -like I've written- in any other cases the "Back" button works like it should. ???

Other -more mean- annoyances: The mouse pointer reacts laggy, it gets stucked time to time, and is hard to keep a good controll over it otherwise, cause it looses the "center point" constantly. I don't know, if this is releated to some incompatibility with the Q10 Pro or is it just because this particular Air mouse is faulty anyway.

And there was an occasion when after watching a video for like 1 hours with Himedia Player the Air mouse and all it's remote functions just stopped respondig completly (loss off connection?)... Only rebooting the Box did help.  :-[

I have tried to recalibrate the Air mouse a several times, but it just wouldn't help it.

Any Ideas that it's the case of a faulty Airmouse or it's simply incompatibility/bug with the Box?  ??? Or any other solutions I should try to fix these?

Im using the 1.0.5 firmware, and the KODI with the wrapper.

Thanks for the replies!

Edit: I have tried the Airmouse with my Windows Notebook and there is no lagging or stucking in the pointer movement at all. So I guess the Airmouse is not faulty and it's rather a compatibility issue with the Q10 Pro.

Any chances that this would be give forth to Himedia and fixed in a futher firmware (along with a general air-mouse compatibility range expansion)?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:30:22 PM by Mount81 »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »
Q10 Pro uses IR for power on/off. This is preferable because it allows the box to be properly turned off. Not blank screen or suspend. You'll need an airmouse/trackpad with programmable IR commands to power on/off.

The laggyness isn't neccesarily a problem with Q10 Pro. Users on this thread report good performance with other airmice. It may be a compatibility issue with the MiniX airmouse and Android boxes other than those from MiniX. I will certainly inform HiMedia but I don't think they'll do anything about it, you are advised to stick to airmice reported working well on this thread.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Q10 Pro uses IR for power on/off. This is preferable because it allows the box to be properly turned off. Not blank screen or suspend. You'll need an airmouse/trackpad with programmable IR commands to power on/off.

The laggyness isn't neccesarily a problem with Q10 Pro. Users on this thread report good performance with other airmice. It may be a compatibility issue with the MiniX airmouse and Android boxes other than those from MiniX. I will certainly inform HiMedia but I don't think they'll do anything about it, you are advised to stick to airmice reported working well on this thread.

Well, I that case I have ended up with an useless airmouse... Also tested with 1.0.6 firmware: It's even worst, the Box goes nuts when this Airmouse is connected for a longer time: after playing several videos and switching 24p mode suddenly the screen went black when strating a video (sound still played). I recognised at this time, that a process called "PQ settings" vere stuck and running in the background. Maybe that caused the problem. Restarting the box solved the issue. Strange how a simple input device can mess up the system.... :??? The lagging with the pointer however sometimes goes away for even like 1 hour, but then it just reappears. 

I gues I will go next with that Rikomagic Airmouse that has an IR learning function....

Thanks for the reply and for reporting it to Himedia, in any case!...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:19:04 PM by Mount81 »

Matey

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 08:17:04 PM »
Hi all
I'm using a KeySonic mini -keyboard  ACK-540BT  on the Q10 Pro
Every thing working great
Take care from
Matey

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
Anyone tested X-BOX 360 Wireless Controller for PC working with Q5/Q10 Pro? (I guess I would be supprised if it would work, but if Logitech F710 works, we may have some hope here...)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 04:42:00 PM »
Anyone tested X-BOX 360 Wireless Controller for PC working with Q5/Q10 Pro? (I guess I would be supprised if it would work, but if Logitech F710 works, we may have some hope here...)

Yes, tested and sadly it doesn't work.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024