FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Essential Q10 Pro & Q5 Pro apps (hints & tips)  (Read 32542 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: Essential Q10 Pro & Q5 Pro apps (hints & tips)
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 02:39:25 PM »
But up from 2.0.4 (like on 2.0.6) we can change the launcher (I would also prefer Nova), configure at will and use it without restrictions and any issues?

Thank you!

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 05:15:25 PM »

What the program gives me more after paying?I miss only Polish translations  :) And more tiles, I do not know if it depends on the region?

The paid version has no adverts.
I think it's only available in English? I can't see any "Language" options.
You can make you own tiles are use those in the database. If you make a good tile you can upload it to the database for other people to use,
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
But up from 2.0.4 (like on 2.0.6) we can change the launcher (I would also prefer Nova), configure at will and use it without restrictions and any issues?

I added the TVLauncher app to my Q10 and then rebooted it. I was then asked to choose from a list which launcher I wanted as default.

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
How are you using this Launcher? Can it save layouts, like Nova Launcher does? I though we could not use another launcher on Q10/Q5 Pro.

Look at kaosnews' video (title "TVLauncher on the Himedia Q10 Pro") above. All is explained in there.

The line of small white icons at the top are firstly the "App Settings" icon and then four "Sections" icons: "Favourites"; "Media"; "Games"; "Utilities". You can use these or you can delete them, edit them or add more. You can also change the icon.
Into each Section you can add your apps. Each app has a "tile", just like HiMedia's 3D Launcher. But in TVLauncher you can add as many tiles as you want! You can set the screen to have 3, 4, 5, 6 columns of tiles. You can use tiles from their on-line database or design your own. You canadd tiles you've made to their database for other people to use.
All changes are saved.

The icon to the right of the date/time is "All Apps", again like HiMedia's 3D Launcher.
The app is very easy to use but gives you so much control  8)!
But to make the app the  default launcher you need to have a new version if the firmware (I use 2.0.7)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:41:05 AM by maelor »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »

What the program gives me more after paying?I miss only Polish translations  :) And more tiles, I do not know if it depends on the region?

The paid version has no adverts.
I think it's only available in English? I can't see any "Language" options.
You can make you own tiles are use those in the database. If you make a good tile you can upload it to the database for other people to use,
I do not have adverts.. :)at least I did not notice.Application installed from google shop.

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »
I found the answer by myself. I just installed it on my Q10 Pro running CFW. I kinda like it. I wish it was able to save layouts. I remember seeing it once at least. I think it was installed on ATV unofficial builds. I like the fact that I can increase the number of icons in a row. I wish it had the option to just show the icon and have a transparent background, much like 3D Launcher.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

kaosnews

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
I do not have adverts.. :)at least I did not notice.Application installed from google shop.

There is a small advert on the settings page - so not really noticeable.
Himedia Q10 Pro | Nvidia Shield TV (2017) | Amazon Fire TV (first & second generation) | Amazon Fire TV stick (first generation)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024