FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: doing prep work before z10 arrives  (Read 2290 times)

dazm45

• View Profile
doing prep work before z10 arrives
« on: March 02, 2020, 02:29:30 PM »
im waiting on the z10  arriving and just wanted some quick answers if i can ,coming from an egreat a11 which i had a internal hard drive ,would it be possible to swap that straight into the z10 ,gut feeling says no ,and ive also got a external hard drive same question ,will the z10 see the external drive thanks darren 

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: doing prep work before z10 arrives
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 02:49:21 PM »
You should be able to just take the HDD out of A11 and it will work immediately in Z10. The way the two players index media is different so the Z10 will just ignore the database from A11 and start from scratch. The same with the external HDD.

On first boot attach all the storage then go into Zidoo Home Theatre - OPEN SOURCES - Add source and navigate to the folder or whole HDD you want it to scan.

dazm45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »
thanks for that quick question i see that i can use a version of kodi with this player does it use kodi's built player or does it use a wrapper like himedia players used to .thanks darren

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 04:08:31 PM »
It uses it's own version of Kodi (called ZDMC) but it functions like Himedia+wrapper in that ZDMC calls Zidoo's video player by a similar method to Himedia.

Download ZDMC here: https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

dazm45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
thanks for that

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024