FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Zidoo Z9/Kodi  (Read 3523 times)

cyberzent

• View Profile
Zidoo Z9/Kodi
« on: December 16, 2019, 05:05:02 PM »
Got a Hi-Media Q5 wich I had for 3 years now. Love the intergration with Kodi but now it given me red small lines from time to time over the screen.

Questions, will the Zidoo give me the same intergrations with Kodi? as the Hi-Media with its wrapper ? I need the bitstreaming of the raw stream wich give med Atmos/DTS-X

Thanks!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Zidoo Z9/Kodi
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »
Yes, with ZDMC. https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=4307.0

ZDMC is basically Kodi re-skinned and with Zidoo's hardware video playback (using playercorefactory the same as HiMedia with wrapper).

cyberzent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 05:59:41 AM »
Thanks, ordered the Z9 so it should be here soon :)

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
Got a Hi-Media Q5 wich I had for 3 years now. Love the intergration with Kodi but now it given me red small lines from time to time over the screen.

Questions, will the Zidoo give me the same intergrations with Kodi? as the Hi-Media with its wrapper ? I need the bitstreaming of the raw stream wich give med Atmos/DTS-X

Thanks!

Cyberzent,

Did you get your Zidoo Z9s? Can you give some feedback on the new device?

Like you, I am looking to upgrade from a 2014 Himedia Q5 (not pro) as I'm looking to move to 4K HDR. I also want to passthrough Atmos / DTS-X to my Amp so use the Wrapper for the Q5. I use movie only .iso or .mkv files on hard disks that I have created from my BluRays (don't need full menus).
The media player gives me easy access to choose movies with the family.

I currently use Kodi (v15 Isengard) as the media display system but not precious on the media library system so long as I can modify into movie groups for kids / wife (musicals) and my BluRays. Want to get into 4K HDR which the Q5 can't do.

Any advice or guidance on your experience would be most appreciated.

Steve.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024