FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: No BD menus & crazy Wi-Fi after reset to default settings  (Read 2599 times)

nikparf

• View Profile
No BD menus & crazy Wi-Fi after reset to default settings
« on: December 28, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

Today I had to reset my Z9S to the factory default settings. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did it through the grey Zidoo Fast Settings menu.  Not through the white Android menu and not through pushing the reset button / little hole on the box.

After this move, menus stopped playing both for 4k and Blu-ray folders.

On top of that, Wi-Fi keeps turning on every time I turn it off. Just a couple of seconds after that. Even after I disabled the geolocation requests for all the apps that were pre-installed on the box. (I didn't install any new apps. Not even Google Play.)
The box has never connected to the Web. So I can't blame this Wi-Fi craziness on any viruses.

The box is still running on firmware v1.7.8. The same firmware that was installed when I bought it.
Android version is 7.1.1

What should I do? Please help me cause my wife is already laughing at me.

pcristi

• View Profile
Re: No BD menus & crazy Wi-Fi after reset to default settings
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:16:25 AM »
Wi-Fi keeps turning on every time I turn it off
Try turn off Location like that Wi-Fi will keep off after reboot/power circle.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No BD menus & crazy Wi-Fi after reset to default settings
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
Today I had to reset my Z9S to the factory default settings. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did it through the grey Zidoo Fast Settings menu.  Not through the white Android menu and not through pushing the reset button / little hole on the box.

After this move, menus stopped playing both for 4k and Blu-ray folders.

I don't know why a factory reset would stop BD menus, but a firmware reinstall would almost certainly fix it.

1.9.7 beta (recommended): http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v1-9-7-beta-version-for-zidoo-z9s-released.43240/page-2#post-80967

1.7.8 full image (no recommended - more risky and older firmware): https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/ua1h3YuLrJzeq7k9e%5Bld%5D3ulg%3D%3D.html

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024