FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: differences between z9s/z10  (Read 4780 times)

lusitopp

• View Profile
differences between z9s/z10
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Hi,

im thinking of a new media player and i think i want a Zidoo.
Previously i had a Q5 Pro which i traded away for a Nvidia Shield (better Plex support).
i bought myself a new TV and now i want to be able to play complete uhd/bd iso/folders without any problems, something my Nvidia Shield can't give me.

So first, what is the differences between these two? what i can find it is only about the form factor and that the z10 can hold a 3.5" hdd. but, it is $100 more, so its must be something more that differs?

and then the most important, can either of these play Complete UHD/BD isos or folders from a NAS with GB lan without any problems?
EDIT: encrypted vs un-encrypted files. does the Zidoo plays both or is this something i need to keep in mind?

EDIT2: read something about that Realtek have problems with banding, is that the case on these new players also?

Regards
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:04:11 PM by lusitopp »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: differences between z9s/z10
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »
The main difference between Z9S and Z10 is the internal 3.5" HDD bay in Z10. Other difference is that Z10 has composite, optical audio (TOSLINK+coaxial) ports.

Re. 'banding', nothing is perfect, but the new RTD1296 players are better than most. See here for some very in depth discussion: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/3000774-new-zidoo-z9s-z10-rtd1296-soc-5.html#post57196872

EDIT: encrypted vs un-encrypted files

I don't understand.

lusitopp

• View Profile
Re: differences between z9s/z10
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
The main difference between Z9S and Z10 is the internal 3.5" HDD bay in Z10. Other difference is that Z10 has composite, optical audio (TOSLINK+coaxial) ports.

Re. 'banding', nothing is perfect, but the new RTD1296 players are better than most. See here for some very in depth discussion: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/3000774-new-zidoo-z9s-z10-rtd1296-soc-5.html#post57196872

EDIT: encrypted vs un-encrypted files

I don't understand.

Thanks for the reply, i will read that post.

Since i have a Nas and a server i dont need the 3.5" slot IF these players can play uhd iso/folder from Network drive. Can someone comfirm that?
Also dont need coax/toslink since i use hdmi to my sc-lx501.
So then its the z9s for me.

I also dont understand what someone meant by 'encrypted'. I read that some players cant play uhd isos because of the disk encryption.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024