FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1083619 times)

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #870 on: April 22, 2018, 07:15:41 PM »
First time I can not install custom software  :-[.
I've always been installing but now I have a problem.I used a few pendrive with all types of formatting FAT,FAT32,NTFS .I installed using the button on the rear panel. Unfortunately, the installation is very fast, and then the main panel appears with incomplete icons.I tried to install from the menu but the device communicates that there are no upgrade files.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:26 PM »
@MusiCManiaC
Common mistake is rename to update.zip.zip inside of correct once update.zip. Please check on box if file name is update.zip :).

manley

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 23, 2018, 06:57:25 AM »
I was formerly on Custom 2.06 which I found excellent, last night I updated to custom 2.08 all went well after I renamed file update and not update.zip as stated, why put zip in your instructions when it is not needed its only confusing. On 2.08 I found the bluray menus main and light the other way round to 2.06 which caught me out initially but fine now. I also found the PQ part of the menu when playing a movie acting differently than I can remember. When adjusting the sub menus there is no change to the picture until you restart the movie not as good as before as changing the sub menus before you could see instant changes in the picture like changing from natural to colourful etc.Kodi didn't seem as good as in picture quality as the inbuilt media player. Still many thanks for your work

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 23, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »
I was formerly on Custom 2.06 which I found excellent, last night I updated to custom 2.08 all went well after I renamed file update and not update.zip as stated, why put zip in your instructions when it is not needed its only confusing. On 2.08 I found the bluray menus main and light the other way round to 2.06 which caught me out initially but fine now. I also found the PQ part of the menu when playing a movie acting differently than I can remember. When adjusting the sub menus there is no change to the picture until you restart the movie not as good as before as changing the sub menus before you could see instant changes in the picture like changing from natural to colourful etc.Kodi didn't seem as good as in picture quality as the inbuilt media player. Still many thanks for your work

The extension .zip is usually hidden by the Windows operating system, that's why you only see update in the file name.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 23, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
The extension .zip is usually hidden by the Windows operating system, that's why you only see update in the file name.

Exactly. It's an example of Windows confusing things by trying to make them simpler.

kodiloaded

• It's not good to step in dogshit !
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 23, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »

Exactly. It's an example of Windows confusing things by trying to make them simpler.

Exactly, I just bought a Dell XPS 15 came with Win 10 I never even booted it up before I tossed in Windows 7 Pro, First thing I did was disable Hide extensions for known file types , I am a firm believer in dont fix what aint broke, Win 7 Not broken, 10 permanently broken in my book.

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
Have today tried the new update to 2.08. AFAIR this update took noticeably longer than other updates to install, so be patient and "boot" appeared  twice not once whilst installing.

For those having problems upgrading may I suggest this method. Download zip. Copy and paste to another folder away from download folder. In other folder Highlight and use RENAME option, Delete everything except "update" all the decimal points , dashes and dates, everything after the word UPDATE.  Once done highlight  again and select COPY option, open your USB  and paste direct, no win etc required.  Works a treat and system sorts out the double zips.

Edit using win 7, but will try win 10 later. Isn't it just case of ticking box to show file format?

Problems or tweeks encountered.

Settings have closed several times on me whilst using the set picture option, and it seems very jerky in its operation. The "this APP is not responding" window appears and then need to come out and go back in. It does save what you have done, but something wrong me thinks.

One time it closed and main menu appeared all out of sync , no blue background and took around 25 seconds to reconfigure.

When opening KODI its not entering installing !st run exercise and despite closing , deleting cache and forcibly closing app unable to get KODI to initialise 1st run which it ought to do as fresh install.

Will continue to play with today  and see what happens.  Personally like the blue background, but not having CHROME on initial screen, being replaced by PaNDora and Netflix which highly personal choices, one of which not available in UK slightly irritating.  However note solutions as above which will try.

Question. Is there not an Back up APP which can be installed to utilise all the users favourite options to USB stick and copied and paste etc on each upgrade?.

Anyway, Thanks to Pcristi  for his work and others who assisted him, first time had any problems on a upgrade so advising as requested, not moaning. ;)

Edit. Unable to get ESexplorer to open Usb.  It comes up "System UI has stopped.  Without my back up for kodi unable to continue so reverting to 2.07.

2nd Edit. Reverted to cfw 2.7 using exactly the same upgrade method and all okay and as we wereat 7.00am this morning. Unfortunately to me appears to confirm that some bugs  are in the 2.8 upgrade. However willingly live with what was available but ES Explorer needs to work seamlessly.  The picture config also back to normal. Noticed that the arrows of direction stay the way of +/- on 2.7 but on 2.8 they revert otherway. Just a thought as to what may be happening.
Will await further,news. Thanks

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:09:11 PM by Icarium20 »

kodiloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 23, 2018, 12:10:08 PM »

Here are the few bugs i have found

Trying to access these items in settings causing settings to crash

Sound/Volumes
Storage/Internal HDD

Other than that everything I use is working great !

haovh_85

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 23, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »

Sound/Volumes
Storage/Internal HDD

Confirm but only crash Sound/ Volume. Storage/ Internal HDD working ok.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 23, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »

Sound/Volumes
Storage/Internal HDD

I can't reproduce this try clear data on System UI apps, maybe doe't rely like dirty update for v2.0.4..v2.0.7.

kodiloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 23, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

Sound/Volumes
Storage/Internal HDD

I am now thinking it is this patch that is causing it, I forgot I use this for some of my apps that i need access to the extra features.

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2928.msg22732#msg22732
I can't reproduce this try clear data on System UI apps, maybe doe't rely like dirty update for v2.0.4..v2.0.7.

jcp2

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 23, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »

Sound/Volumes
Storage/Internal HDD

I did a dirty update last night from 2.0.7, and am only having an issue with sound/volumes crashing. storage options work fine. I cleared cache of System UI, but still crashes on sound/volumes.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:42:22 PM by jcp2 »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 23, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
Sorry new version of CFW v2.0.8 available on mediafire.
@Kodiloaded, patch removed, strange why this problem not reported before.

Crash Sound/Volumes, Storage/Internal HDD fixed, @tomeeli patch not compatible with this FW.

Thanks to everyone for understand and report problems. All feedback are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:13:39 PM by pcristi »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 23, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
@Pcristi :

You say new FCW 2.08 available on mediafire, but can we use the download on page 1 or is that still to be updated?  Just not sure on clarity

Many thanks

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 23, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »
@Icarium20
A same link for download from first post, just file updated.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024